What you did today

Pidesco

Guard Dog: Keep on playing, once you reach level 35 or so, they game will offer no resistance at all, and then you'll prolly get tired of it. However, with a few wisely chosen mods you are good to go for another round of Skyrim.

Yeah that is exactly what happened my first go around, even with the difficulty on Master. This time I'm playing with an enhanced dragon mod and max difficulty and I'm playing a totally different type of PC. My last guy was a straight warrior and was just unbeatable. This time i'm playing a PC with a few flaws built in. No armor, no enchanted items, no spells, archery & daggers only. Perfect for the DB actually.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I am highly unmotivated today. I need someone to break into my house and uninstall Skyrim from my laptop. I haven't had a decent nights sleep since I bought this thing!

The coyotes got into it with Tommy through the door last night again. Tonight I will be waiting. I've been tolerant of their BS but nobody threatens my best friend. Time to thin out the pack a little.

I have a similar plan for the skateboarders who are obsessed with the stairs to my mother's condo.

I mean, leave a few alive to pass the word, right?

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Woke up at 8am, ate cornflakes, then back to bed, then played Ni No Kuni, then ate lunch, then went to work, then I got home and now I'm posting this.

Forgot it was my parents' wedding day anniversary, so I'll probably buy a cake or something and wish them another 32 years of happiness.

Watching a DB query run for a test and trying to figure out what to get for lunch, have to be quick the rest of the team is leaving for their usual outing so I have to be back here to cover. Also getting a good laugh out of how badly banks run things internally.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I am highly unmotivated today. I need someone to break into my house and uninstall Skyrim from my laptop. I haven't had a decent nights sleep since I bought this thing!

The coyotes got into it with Tommy through the door last night again. Tonight I will be waiting. I've been tolerant of their BS but nobody threatens my best friend. Time to thin out the pack a little.

I have a similar plan for the skateboarders who are obsessed with the stairs to my mother's condo.

I mean, leave a few alive to pass the word, right?

That might get you into trouble Nep. But hey, at least you know a good lawyer! :lol:

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'd say I've met bad lawyers. And I've met great lawyers.

But a good lawyer?

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Daughter's 5th birthday party. Did her up a Hello Kitty cake last night that turned out pretty good. Place is sweltering and the giant fan I was sitting by just stopped.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Should it be considered a sign of addiction that when my pc is borked I'll use my smart phone to surf the Obs boards and make comments?

Edit:

Also, I really don't know what to make of Hello Kitty. I've seen a girl with it tattooed on her, and I've seen a Darth Vader costume mixed with Hello Kitty. I don't think either really did much for my sanity.

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Should be out running errands, but I'm not yet...soon, soon...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Should it be considered a sign of addiction that when my pc is borked I'll use my smart phone to surf the Obs boards and make comments?

Edit:

Also, I really don't know what to make of Hello Kitty. I've seen a girl with it tattooed on her, and I've seen a Darth Vader costume mixed with Hello Kitty. I don't think either really did much for my sanity.

My dear boy. In my opinion the original A-team, locked in a garage with an oxy-acetylene blowtorch couldn't do much for YOUR sanity.

~

Realised I've been having a migraine all day. Am now also suffering hypochondria.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Edit:

My dear boy. In my opinion the original A-team, locked in a garage with an oxy-acetylene blowtorch couldn't do much for YOUR sanity.

~

Realised I've been having a migraine all day. Am now also suffering hypochondria.

I resent that remark. I have a certificate PROVING my sanity. It's in very pretty crayon too. So there!

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Edit:

~

I resent that remark. I have a certificate PROVING my sanity. It's in very pretty crayon too. So there!

homer_not_insane.jpg

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

I actually had to get one for an application earlier this year. It looked very boring. :p

They should shave it onto the side of a live cow. That'd lead to some conflicted inspectors of sanity.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

Kissed an old female friend out of the blue last night, while we were out - we both just went into it as our respective flirts had both gone south.. And both quickly agreed that there was absolutely no spark haha.. It was like a perfect "yeah........ no"

and now I'm off to a wedding to see if I can get me some bridesmaid :dancing:

• Like 4

Fortune favors the bald.

Finished my shift. I took off my boots and just accidentally dropped a malteser into it.

I think I'm going to leave it in there so I get a shock on Monday.

-Elwood Blues

We have dinner planned tonight at a really cool restaurant and funky bar called " The Kitchen Bar"

They do exotic ****tails and the food is excellent. There are 16 of us going so it should be loads of fun :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I "took care" of my coyote problem last night. I don't feel particularly good about it but it had to be done. I only shot one, but I think it was the right one.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I "took care" of my coyote problem last night. I don't feel particularly good about it but it had to be done. I only shot one, but I think it was the right one.

It was necessary,  what was Tommy doing when you shot the Coyote?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

[british Army joke from the 1950s] Was it wearing white? [/british Army joke from the 1950s]

-Elwood Blues

We have dinner planned tonight at a really cool restaurant and funky bar called " The Kitchen Bar"

They do exotic ****tails and the food is excellent. There are 16 of us going so it should be loads of fun :dancing:

Too many people ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well, he was growling at the front door downstairs when they first started yapping around the grill. I was by the loft window upstairs. I had it open but I was back in the room about 1 meter from the window so they wouldn't see me. I watched them for about 5 minutes until a really big one came out and started pushing the others around. I figured he was my guy. Once I shot I think tommy went from growling to barking. I'm not sure. My ears are still ringing from firing from inside a small room! 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Well, he was growling at the front door downstairs when they first started yapping around the grill. I was by the loft window upstairs. I had it open but I was back in the room about 1 meter from the window so they wouldn't see me. I watched them for about 5 minutes until a really big one came out and started pushing the others around. I figured he was my guy. Once I shot I think tommy went from growling to barking. I'm not sure. My ears are still ringing from firing from inside a small room! 

Its quite an amazing story, I live in a big city so something like that happening just sounds surreal. Yet this is a reality that you have do deal with. Really interesting when you think of the different lives we live yet we are similar in many ways :)

John Milton