What you did today

Pidesco

In a week you're going to trade two kids for two dozen Hurlie! :lol:

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

What kind of ship did you serve on ?

Both of my sea duty tours were on carriers, CVN-65 USS Enterprise and CVN-72 USS Abraham Lincoln. Thank god I wasn't on one of the small boys (destroyers, cruisers). We used to stand in the hanger bay and watch them get tossed around by the ocean while we barely felt anything.

"These are the voyages of the CVN-65 USS Enterprise..."

I can't imagine being on one of the big ships (cue up story about getting lost on one of the museum ships because someone forgot to lock a door).

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The (three dozen) kids actually listen to me, and I can send them packing after 55 minutes :p

It was pretty funny trying to work with my 6 year old on reading this summer.  She is convinced we don't know what we are talking about.  She loves to say that's not how her kindergarten teacher does it.  I've lost my cool more than a few times, I have no idea how people do homeschooling.

I have no idea how people do homeschooling.

Insanity?

Anyways a bit late, but I'd tell your nephew to think very carefully about his choice GD. I decided not to go myself, but then I have a very good job for my age(21) and am managing my accounts and investments well enough so when I transfer from UH to UT, I will have plenty of funds available for my expenses and avoid taking loans. If I had gone to NYU with the scholarship available to me, I would be almost $100,000 in debt right now.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Congrats Malcador.

Working on your birthday is great! At my workplace we spoil the hell out of birthday kids.

I work in an office where that kind of stuff is useless frivolity.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Congrats Malcador.

Working on your birthday is great! At my workplace we spoil the hell out of birthday kids.

I work in an office where that kind of stuff is useless frivolity.

Yeah, I can understand that. We're only like 5-6 people that do this (did this, I have no work currently). Can't be arsed to do it for the other 100 people working there.

I thought i was going to work today, but it turns out it was tomorrow and Friday. My bet is that I'll get an offer on Friday. Work for another year.

Oh, and I keep losing weight despite not even trying now. 14kg lost since Christmas. I'm a bit sad, less of me to love!

Oh and congrats Malcador.

Hm, it's always a fun day when your pc decides to do all sorts of weird and wonderful things without any outright error messages to work from..

Running along on the tired, cranky, and somewhat stressed from that and various other things. Pondering on what will amuse, entertain and otherwise cheer myself up so I can properly throw myself at it all again on the morrow.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The (three dozen) kids actually listen to me, and I can send them packing after 55 minutes :p

It was pretty funny trying to work with my 6 year old on reading this summer.  She is convinced we don't know what we are talking about.  She loves to say that's not how her kindergarten teacher does it.  I've lost my cool more than a few times, I have no idea how people do homeschooling.

That reminds me. I tried all sort of filters to turn your son in a coffin into a t-shirt. But nothing quite worked. The best I did was line-style him, and colourise the blue plane on his shirt. but it still didn't capture the awesomeness.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Stephanie's ring came today. It's a 1.75 ct "floating" solitaire on 18k white gold. Now I have to hide it well enough she won't accidently find it. I highly doubt she snoops when she's here alone but you never know. It's going to drive me nuts though. as far as I can tell she does not suspect a thing. She still does not know where I taking her yet. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Stephanie's ring came today. It's a 1.75 ct "floating" solitaire on 18k white gold. Now I have to hide it well enough she won't accidently find it. I highly doubt she snoops when she's here alone but you never know. It's going to drive me nuts though. as far as I can tell she does not suspect a thing. She still does not know where I taking her yet.

If you have any boxes from when video games were still physical, stuff it in there.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

If you have any boxes from when video games were still physical, stuff it in there.

Put the ring on a mousetrap.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yeah, safest place ever. I have all sorts of stuff hidden in my mac os deus ex box. :D

Hating my life a little bit less than yesterday, but still ready to run away. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Client: "Could you help me with a little case I have..."

Police report stars: "First responding patrols were 694, 605 and the duty TError/BOmb unit..." (TEBO, no relation to Tim) >_<

Edited by Nepenthe

Police report stars: "First responding patrols were 694, 605 and the duty TError/BOmb unit..." (TEBO, no relation to Tim) >_<

Bad dude, or just a really slow day for Elk Falls PD?

-Elwood Blues

Bad dude, or just a really slow day for Elk Falls PD?

Actually, that wasn't even the "local" boys, but a part of the 1337 national Special Operations Unit. :D Happened in a bigger place, too...

Hm. dogs, cats, hospital appointments. grocery shopping. some minor bank weirdness. pc's still being a bit of an odd duck. Hm, a couple of friends and an ex-gf who had gotten back in email contact have all suddenly dropped silent for the last month or so without any word or reason of, which is both annoying and worrying in kind of equal measure.

Novatech are apparently offering free "health checks" and general advice on how to upgrade your pc if you take it in and let their techs poke at it for half-an-hour. Might try that some point in the near future, see if they spot anything I've missed and to be amused or inspired by any suggestions they come up with.

Oh, and apparently I won a competition Baen Publishing ran. So I'm going to be getting a signed copy of a book, and a bunch of free ebooks as well.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

That's a good idea! I have many still ,all lined on on one of the bookshelves (my loft is wall to wall bookshelves)

Thomas Sowell

I am having the hayfever day from hell and I don't understand why.

-Elwood Blues

I've been sneezing all day, and I have no idea why, either.

Booked a hotel in Hockenheim, Germany for Rock'nheim festival this weekend. I decided against camping because I pulled a muscle in my back when I was doing 75 kg barbell military presses and anything other than a really comfortable bed gives me severe back pain. 68 bucks per night....expensive but totally worth it, a shower, a clean toilet, breakfast.... 

Can't wait to see Nine Inch Nails and Deftones live.  :dancing:  :wowey:

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Enjoying the nice cold weather (for August). Is nice to walk out in summer and not worry about sweating to death or getting breathing problems from smog. People here whine about it, but that's Toronto for you. Work is as usual, like Initech but without Lumbergh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've been sneezing all day, and I have no idea why, either.

My whole face has swelled up.

I'm putting this in context of a big meteor shower, and I have to say

TRIFFIDS!

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Leaves are falling, it's raining all the time - I haven't seen the sun in 3 days.... did I just move to England? What is this!? Sunday was warm and nice with outdoor festivals and now it's cold and.. damn it's autumn isn't it?

Fortune favors the bald.