What you did today

Rosbjerg

Old thread here.

Speaking of which, has Cal started his new job yet?

Nope, waiting for my fourth set of paperwork to finish before I can start

I needed to upgrade my license

Get a chauffers licence for the city

and get a TSA badge

The second one took two trips for different records.

Is that a 40 hour / week gig?

Fortune favors the bald.

It can be. I'm not taking it full time though.

Right now I'm just waiting for the week and a half for my other job to end.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Crafting ore and leather pelts whilst listening to CSN&Y and surfing the internet.

20130608055038.jpg

Best Ros pic ever.
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Guess you saw right through my elegant attempt to bury the evidence.. :)

Edit: Also, in relation to the almanac discussions with Bruce, that picture was taken around 4:50am.

Fortune favors the bald.

Hmmm, they found a dead body at work today. Homicide they're saying, but not much more because its an open investigation. Its an open campus so very possible the person has no connection to the ol' place of business.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Hmmm, they found a dead body at work today. Homicide they're saying, but not much more because its an open investigation. Its an open campus so very possible the person has no connection to the ol' place of business.

Is Billy Batson on the case?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Guess you saw right through my elegant attempt to bury the evidence.. :)

Ya can't run from da internet stahkurs!

Hmmm, they found a dead body at work today.

That's always a bit disturbing. Also, it wasn't me. All my bodies are decently buried in the backyard where they're supposed to be. :ninja:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hm, realised that for the past week or so I've actually pretty much only been eating one meal a day and surviving on many cups of tea. I need to start keeping an eye on that..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

That's always a bit disturbing. Also, it wasn't me. All my bodies are decently buried in the backyard where they're supposed to be. :ninja:

lol :)

Maybe we'll get more information on the poor fellow today.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Been a while since I saw a corpse at work. Last one was on a rooftop patio nearby, was kind of sad how the cops left his corpse to cook in the heat for about 18 hours.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Been a while since I saw a corpse at work. Last one was on a rooftop patio nearby, was kind of sad how the cops left his corpse to cook in the heat for about 18 hours.

If they urinated on it first, then it's possible they were just Norwegian. I think it's some kind of delicacy.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Wals, this colonist will finally touch down on Blighty this weekend. I have five days in London, half of it taken up with business. My priorities are:

(1) Good curry

(2) Architecture & history. 

What can you recommend / dis-recommend? I am thinking a few obvious places + Tower of London, possibly the Bric Lane area. 

(Are you in London?)

I'm also in Amsterdam and Dublin subsequently, if anyone has suggestions.

For a good curry go to Bradford or Birmingham - places with a large asian "minority" ;)

If it is your first time in London, the "obvious" places aren't a bad choice. How long are you staying? When you say architecture, can you be more specific?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Doh forgot to post what I am doing:

Sitting at home, waiting for the phone call that my dad will have gotten arrested in an hour or so when the police is supposed to forcefully shut down all national broadcasting in Greece.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

4.5 days or so in London, no time to go outside Central London this time. I'm a big fan of history and always appreciate premodern architecture of various forms. A sucker for castles. 

I was very close to spending the last 3 years near Birmingham, but even for me curry alone doesn't make my life choices. Usually.

4.5 days or so in London, no time to go outside Central London this time. I'm a big fan of history and always appreciate premodern architecture of various forms. A sucker for castles. 

I was very close to spending the last 3 years near Birmingham, but even for me curry alone doesn't make my life choices. Usually.

Can't hep you with old stuff. As an archtiect I am more interested in seeing what my contemporaries are doing that I can be envious of ;)

You got lucky. 3 years of Brum is not something one wishes on people ;)

Good advice would be to get out of London while you're in the UK, too crowded.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I am watching the anti-capitalist protesters in London. They are very militant and truculent, I'm glad they don't have any real say in the economic policy decisions of countries.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Getting the RV prepped for our summer trip.  We leave on Thursday, and we'll be hitting a few parks in Utah.  I'll probably make a thread about it.   :)

Looking forward to "Hurlshot's annual RV trip" thread :)

• Like 5

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Getting the RV prepped for our summer trip.  We leave on Thursday, and we'll be hitting a few parks in Utah.  I'll probably make a thread about it.   :)

Looking forward to "Hurlshot's annual RV trip" thread :)

Yeah, keep us updated Hurlshot. I am also interested in your journey and the events that occur :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Urg. Something kept waking me up throughout the night. So presently I am staggering through the morning in a sleep deprived haze clutching at mugs of tea in an attempt to achieve some form of brain wakefulness.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I am watching the anti-capitalist protesters in London. They are very militant and truculent, I'm glad they don't have any real say in the economic policy decisions of countries.

Most Londoners I know treat them as a complete joke. Ever since they picketed the damn cathedral. They just couldn't be bothered to protest outside the banks. Plus doing so for the length of time they chose makes no statement beyond 'look at us, we have literally nothing better to do.'

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Most Londoners I know treat them as a complete joke. Ever since they picketed the damn cathedral. They just couldn't be bothered to protest outside the banks. Plus doing so for the length of time they chose makes no statement beyond 'look at us, we have literally nothing better to do.'

Walsie once again you and I find common ground in people that irritate us immensely :grin:

What gets me the most is when they are asked questions similar to " so what do you suggest we do to remove Capitalism"

They cannot give you a viable alternative or a suggestion that could be realistically sustainable in anyway. So there demands are just popular rhetoric

John Milton