What you did today

Rosbjerg

Yes, the last back tooth, just before the wisdom tooth. I could get a ceramic-composite copy of my old tooth but its very expensive, like half-of-my-monthly-salary-expensive.   :unsure:

Yeah it's crazy, I chipped one of my teeth a few years back, half of it broke off and just to build it in plastic was like 220€. It took 2 people about 15 minutes.. That's a pretty good hour salary.

220 bucks for a plastic replacement that sits on top of the still intact lower half of the tooth is a good deal, but it gets really expensive once you need to replace the whole tooth, drilling the bone, titanium inserts and that kind of stuff, plastic or not.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

So is Batman.

/(_M_)\
|       |
 \/~v~\/

I honestly thought that was a nude midget.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Enjoying my vacation. Doing some work at home, going for a walk with the dog, eating pizza, drinking beer and playing games. Life is OK. :)

Edited by Bendu

So is Batman.

/(_M_)\
|       |
 \/~v~\/

I honestly thought that was a nude midget.

I'm not seeing it. Could you explain how with a full diagram?

Assume M for mammaries, then put your testosterone up a notch.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

then put your testosterone up a notch.

If one ever needs help in that area, there's a new underarm-cream drug for that! Modern world marvels ... testosterone boost in a jar! Just don't let your wife mistake it for her nightly face cream.

....out to look for some better shoes and stuff, then dinner, then some more bad movies on Netflix.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

then put your testosterone up a notch.

If one ever needs help in that area, there's a new underarm-cream drug for that! Modern world marvels ... testosterone boost in a jar! Just don't let your wife mistake it for her nightly face cream.

I presume it makes her grow a moustache?

-Elwood Blues

First day back at work after 6 days off so I just spent most of the day playing catch up.

It's also the 69th anniversary of D-Day which always makes me think of my uncle (actually my grandpa's best friend but we just called him uncle) who was there. He never really talked about it but when I was a teenager I found his Silver Star while helping out around his house.  I miss that cranky old man

Free games updated 3/4/21

Me: *looks at clock, then dials hubby's cell*

Hubs: "Hello?"

Me: "It's been over 5 hours, just making sure you're not stuck in a ditch clutching your chest?"

Hubs: "Yeah...still here."

The increases-over-the-years worry of a wife with an out-of-shape, smoker spouse who likes to go for occasional 4+ hour summer hikes in a steeply hilly park.

I presume it makes her grow a moustache?

Among other things - some potentially not so benign. ;)
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

A bit of nostalgia...

Got this one in my mailbox today. So old the junk filter didn't recognise it:

Attn:

Take note that the Nigerian Government entered into a mutual agreement with the South African Government that your fund valued at $10m be transferred to you directly from South Africa here due to the lapses in Nigeria Government and its failed state so we advise you to state your banking details for the transfer to be carried out on your behalf this morning from here in South Africa.

Thank you,

Mr E L Kganyago

Deputy Governor

Federal Reserve Paying Center

Originating from an Irish yahoo address. It's the original scam, beware of imitations :rolleyes:

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Every time I use/see the rolling eyes icon, I keep wanting to fix it. It seems to be the only one left with the white border transparency issue...

• Like 1

You know you live in Scandinavia, when you wake up at 5am and it's so bright that you panic because you think it's past noon..

Wow, that's amazing. What time does the sun rise and set for you guys at the moment ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Around 4:30am and then it sets at around 22pm. In 2 weeks time it'll only really be dark for around 2 hours a day before the sun starts to brighten the sky again..

Fortune favors the bald.

Around 4:30am and then it sets at around 22pm. In 2 weeks time it'll only really be dark for around 2 hours a day before the sun starts to brighten the sky again..

That must be incredible, we never get those daylight hours even in the heart of Summer. We basically in Winter now and the sun rises at about 06:45 am and sets at 6:00 pm.

In the peak of  summer the sun rises at 4:40 am and sets at 7:00 pm so I am envious, but I suppose we have sun almost all year which is very advantageous living in South Africa

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It is, summertime Scandinavians go crazy - we are outside all the time. :)

The downside however is that at winter it's sunrise 8.30 am and sunset at 15.30pm.. and then it's cold.. and dark..

No wonder we went pillaging back in the day.

Fortune favors the bald.

You know you live in Scandinavia, when you wake up at 5am and it's so bright that you panic because you think it's past noon..

Or, in the winter, you wake up at 10am and think it's 10pm, because it's pitch black outside (cloudy). :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Or, in the winter, you wake up at 10am and think it's 10pm, because it's pitch black outside (cloudy). :p

Nep you live further north than our Danish friends so what are the times the sun sets and rises for you?

John Milton 

Frankly not sure, but one obscure website says sunset around 11pm and sunrise around 3:30AM. It doesn't really get that "dark" inbetween, either.

I was at a rave really up north about two years ago. We were in a dark industrial hall type thing so I had no idea what it was like outside... then when I left around 4am it looked like noon :D. The most surreal thing I've experienced.

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Every time I use/see the rolling eyes icon, I keep wanting to fix it. It seems to be the only one left with the white border transparency issue...

I just think it is scotch tape to stick it to the board.

Sadly cannot get this out of my head

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It is, summertime Scandinavians go crazy - we are outside all the time. :)

The downside however is that at winter it's sunrise 8.30 am and sunset at 15.30pm.. and then it's cold.. and dark..

No wonder we went pillaging back in the day.

Longer nights means more time at nightclubs! 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

You would think, but then it's raining, snowing, the wind is howling, it's soooo dark and everyone has 6 layers of clothes on.. Naah, I'll take summertime partying any day of the year. Also nothing beats walking home with a girl when the sun is up, birds are singing and you're all alone in the park. :dancing:

Fortune favors the bald.

Three oatcakes and unsweetened coffe for breakfast. A banana and pear for lunch.

I'm beginning to wonder if dieting isn't just having a poorly stocked fridge.

-Elwood Blues