What you did today

Rosbjerg

Like the gifted one mentioned earlier, that does awfully sound like BS. Addiction is tragic in of itself, but it does sound like the typical stuff a junkie will make up to excuse him or herself. It also sounds like we have an exceptional case of a girl digging the bad boys and using you as the so-called emotional tampon. I won't tell you to "man up" or any other bs like that, for some girls even that can be worth it. I know 2. :p

I had a hearing at the appeal's court yesterday, the thing's a ****ing mess with all sorts of odd facebook confessions.

I'm not dating the woman! Nor do I plan to!

Like I said, it's really about seeing someone in trouble and enjoying helping them. You never made a pretty girl smile just for the hell of it? ;)

Sure. More often made them put on the "deer in the headlights" look, but sometimes smile, too. ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

You don't have to be in a relationship with a girl to enjoy some playful flirty banter and just making them smile...

Woke up way too early with a background headache. Spent the last few hours pretty much hazing in and out of the world as is. Not sure I'm up for focusing on anything too serious right now, but fresh cup of tea and seeing if I can steel myself for accomplishing something.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

You don't have to be in a relationship with a girl to enjoy some playful flirty banter and just making them smile...

Woke up way too early with a background headache. Spent the last few hours pretty much hazing in and out of the world as is. Not sure I'm up for focusing on anything too serious right now, but fresh cup of tea and seeing if I can steel myself for accomplishing something.

I'm trying to point out the difference between playful flirty banter and being used. ;)

• Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Wondered how we'll view the music of the 10's in the future - as far as I can tell dubstep is really the only "new" genre.. Is that going to be the iconic music of our time, like cheesy pop from the 80s or Dance/Pop/Techno from the 90's. What defined the 00's? hmm..

(I took the day off, this is how productive I've been)

Fortune favors the bald.

I can't think of much that defines the 00's, perhaps the rise of the Simon Cowell style of manufactured bands...  Regardless, a good few of my favourite albums were made in the last decade.

Edited by WDeranged
  • Like 1

Today weight training felt kind of dull so I tried something new, I don't know the correct English term for this kind of exercise, its all about decreasing weight during each set and totally exhausting the muscle, the pump I got was unbelievable.

Tried it with the french press exercise (triceps curls), first I made my usual 12 reps with 92 lbs (42kg), but instead of making a break I put the barbell down, quickly decreased the weight by 10lbs (5kg), and  did another 10 reps, again decreased weight by 10lbs and did 8 reps followed by a 5 minute break.

My triceps got so huge my arms almost looked like of some sort of comic action figure, I did not know that this was possible without roids or supplements. 

Highly recommendable!

The closest term I can think of is reverse pyramid training.

I bought a pair of  these

http://www.adidas.com/us/product/training-adipower-weightlifting-shoes/DA847

and am anxiously awaiting their arrival. Currently doing Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 rountine, but I eventually want to transition into a olympic lifting centric program by the end of this year and I'm hoping the shoes will give me better balance at the bottom position of the squat.

Other than that, working a nice job and generally having a good time.

Edited by Azure79

Pootled along with various things this afternoon.

Hm, logged into facebook to check a few things and suddenly got logged out because someone else was logging in from LA on some Mac OS with Safari.. and the IP placed it with T-Mobile so most likely an ipad or some such. >_<  Still, since I was there at the time it was just a quick re-login and say "no i'm not using it there" and change the password.

Edit: Heh, and apparently, this is the location to a much more narrowed degree..

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=34.1503,-118.139&hl=en&ll=34.150543,-118.138427&spn=0.0018,0.004128&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=10.719976,33.815918&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=34.150642,-118.138426&panoid=KX98FW1upC5t8wU29YcPPQ&cbp=12,227.52,,0,3.68

Edited by Raithe

Slept a few hours. Housework. Gamed. Did other "stuff." Now settling onto the couch with hubby to watch Jack Reacher.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm in Cape Town at the moment for about 8 days for work, it makes a nice change. Cape Town has beaches, wine farms and better restaurants than Johannesburg but I still prefer Joburg overall :)

Anyway we had Justin Bieber and Bon Jovi playing on different nights this week and the traffic was nightmarish, but the concerts are finished now so things should return to normal

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Still not able to reasonably sleep so I bought some antihistamines, which I usually avoid even tho I have allergies. Maybe they'll put me to sleep in a few hours. Hope so, because I have a busy morning planned.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I wish you luck in getting to sleep. Have you tried reading an accounting textbook? Always worked for me. :)

Now I listen to audiobooks. The narrators usually have nice soothing voices that lull me into slumber. 

Didn't sleep much, won't get to.. Zombie pub crawl last night, woke up in a really trashy apartment.. no idea where I am. :) this is.. Interesting..

Fortune favors the bald.

It's always fun when you wake up feeling all refreshed and kind of bright-eyed, look over at the clock.. and come to the realisation that you've only been asleep for around 3 hours. Then suddenly it all crashes away and you suddenly feel exhausted and crap...  Then spent the rest of the early hours of the morning trying to fall back asleep but just dozing in and out and not getting comfortable. >_<

Ah well. The sun is now bright and shining. The cup of tea is being drunk.

Today I have been mostly swearing like a squarebashing corporal. The cause of this festive obscenity outpouring has been OpenOffice.

I finally established that my chief problem - the size of 'Header 1' being a percentage - is IMPOSSIBLE TO ALTER. You have to use a fantastic workaround changing another header type to a fixed level so that your header one scales to the correct size. None of the other header types does this.

MESSAGE TO ALL UTILITY PROGRAMMERS:

STOP TRYING TO BE HELPFUL YOU WATER-HEADED STOATF***ERS. OR I WILL PERSONALLY TRACK YOU DOWN AND HELPFULLY REORGANISE YOUR F***ING PREFRONTAL LOBES WITH MY MARMITE COVERED C***.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Still not able to reasonably sleep so I bought some antihistamines, which I usually avoid even tho I have allergies. Maybe they'll put me to sleep in a few hours. Hope so, because I have a busy morning planned.

Good luck. If that fails try listening to Carl Sagan speak, always helps konk me out :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I used to be that way, and still mostly am unless I'm sick or suffering some sort of injury pain (or the general pain I get from my old ankle injury).

In fact I've actually fallen asleep standing up (propped against a wall). Get me comfortable enough and I can fall asleep (got to be careful driving when tired).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm also fortunate like that, I fall asleep in 3-5 minutes maximum

I can recommend doing some exercise in the evening, that generally makes sleep much easier

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Exercise, even gentle exercise, makes a huge difference for me.

~

We're having really high winds here today and I can't concentrate because my sodding roof is singing at me.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Sometimes you just gotta give in and go see a doctor about getting some sleeping pills. The second summer after getting hired at my current job I slipped into a bad pattern. I'd get off at 8:00am. Shower, and fall asleep at about 8:50. Then I would wake up at 10:50. you could almost set your watch by those two things.

After two weeks, I passed out in a chair at work during lunch. The wrong person woke me up 45mins later.

They cracked down on sleeping on the job before I got there. Apparently people were taking turns napping in the first aid room. It can be a automatic firing. After finally seeing a doctor, getting sleeping pills (and spending the next week in HR meetings basically fighting for my job - my direct boss was a huge help in this.) I got step 3 - 15 months probation. It was deemed that I didn't intend to fall asleep and had a good track record. But I couldn't sneeze the wrong way for a very long time.

At least now, I can kind of see the pattern of when it can happen again. I nipped it in the bud a few years later during another summer. I fortunately still had some of those pills left over from all of those years ago. Personally, I found a few days on the pills, and I was fine again naturally after that. I definitely didn't want to abuse them. It would probably be worth looking into. I haven't needed the things in years. My house is pretty good at staying cool in the summer, which is probably a big part of it. Plus I've had a couple of runs of days.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Slow day today, but I have tomorrow off, so yahoo. Also, it turns out a photo of serried ranks of skulls from the killing fields of Cambodia is a good way to end an email thread of weird images at work.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have the opposite problem of Crimson lady. I sometimes fall asleep between reps in the gym. It's embarrassing.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Slept about 4 hours. Which is better. Enough to keep me from being a complete zombie today at least. :p

Usually I have no trouble falling asleep once I lie down, and it's just a mental issue of "don't wanna go to bed" that keeps me up late ... when I do have actual insomnia tho, it's often a combo of not being able to fall asleep and not being able to stay asleep if/once I do fall into a snooze.

Morning social meetings done, came home for a bite to eat/feed the cats...still have a store run to do, then I can relax a while.

Usually I have no trouble falling asleep once I lie down, and it's just a mental issue of "don't wanna go to bed" that keeps me up late ... when I do have actual insomnia tho, it's often a combo of not being able to fall asleep and not being able to stay asleep if/once I do fall into a snooze.

I can totally relate, thats one of the reasons why I exercise really hard, it makes me so tired that even my brain wants to shut down, thats one of the rare times my body and my brain agree with each other. Thats pretty much the only thing that really helped me to fight severe insomnia, my brain almost never wants to shut down so I have to force it a little bit. Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet.