The D&D character test!

Woldan

Uh, I guess I fit the stereotype if you don't go beyond the surface. Left-wing politics, nature lover for sure. But I also like society and culture. I love my creature comforts and I make sure all my DnD chars do as well. As I get wiser I'm also much more forgiving than I used to be. I'm fairly smart (definitely not in agreement with the intelligence score, haha) I couldn't live in a urban sprawl forever, but as much as I love nature including the wildest parts, I doubt I'd ever decide to give up internet or plumbing for a life at one with the mother-tree or some such. I'll take either in doses.

The one thing this test did show was my dislike for paladins and their absolutist thinking, if you can call it thinking. I can't stand the lot of them.

I usually roll a high intelligence high charisma rogue, I make up for the hit I take in dexterity by picking up ranger as second class for the two weapon combat it gives. Occasionally I try a bard, but that's a fairly new development. I feel the dual class brings me closer to my own views of just wanting to experience as much as possible. of loving life both in nature and in society. But there I sound like a hippy again.

There is nothing wrong with loving nature and being hippish.

I love the vibe of a big city, I would go insane in a small town. But living in Johannesburg I am very fortunate as its literally 40 minutes to drive to get to a game reserve or go camping. So in a way I get the best of both worlds if I want  to, the big city and the outdoors. Also I can work from home so I avoid most rush-hour traffic which often depresses and frustrates  people living in big cities.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I don't like the fact that this fallaciously equates rule of law with politicians themselves/as a class, and that wealth and power are two separate, unconnected spheres, when in fact they are the same. In feudalism, wealth flowed to power, in capitalism, power flows to wealth. But anyway...

Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)

Ability Scores:

Strength- 13

Dexterity- 10

Constitution- 14

Intelligence- 13

Wisdom- 15

Charisma- 11

...though I tend to play/aim for chaotic good when actually playing RPGs.

The magic is strong in the Obsidian members, the vast majority is either a wizard or a sorcerer.... So, those who are wizards/sorcerers, are spell casters your preferred class to play in RPGs?

I prefer the rogueish vein. Dextrous/Charismatic types. Obviously I'm ignoring the D&D context in that respect.

Edited by AGX-17

Lawful Good Human Paladin (3rd Level)

Ability Scores:

Strength- 16

Dexterity- 13

Constitution- 15

Intelligence- 18

Wisdom- 15

Charisma- 17

Morality is right on, but I think Wisdom is off.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

True Neutral Human Sorcerer (3rd Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength-13
Dexterity-17
Constitution-15
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-14
Charisma-14

Yeah, that's kind of accurate
Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Ability Scores:

Strength- 16

Dexterity- 13

Constitution- 15

Intelligence- 18

Wisdom- 15

Charisma- 17

Unless you're the most charming genius athlete in your country, I'd say some of the other stats are a bit off too. heh

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

Ability Scores:

Strength- 16

Dexterity- 13

Constitution- 15

Intelligence- 18

Wisdom- 15

Charisma- 17

Unless you're the most charming genius athlete in your country, I'd say some of the other stats are a bit off too. heh

Amazing how good a bit of editing can make you look   :biggrin:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Neutral Good Human Fighter/Sorcerer (3rd/2nd Level)

Ability Scores:

Strength- 15

Dexterity- 15

Constitution- 16

Intelligence- 13

Wisdom- 15

Charisma- 12

Strange. I usually play rogues or assassins. Insanely high scores all around. I think we all might have slightly too high thoughts of ourselves..

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

True Neutral Elf Ranger (5th Level)

Strength- 11

Dexterity- 13

Constitution- 12

Intelligence- 13

Wisdom- 14

Charisma- 12

....haha, I'm a weak little thing. ... I might think of myself as leaning more towards Neutral Good too.

But...that test often made me feel like I was contradicting myself from question to question in order to give as "true" answers as possible via the way they worded things. Also....too many questions. :p

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ability Scores:

Strength- 16

Dexterity- 13

Constitution- 15

Intelligence- 18

Wisdom- 15

Charisma- 17

Well I am quite strong, have good endurance, was in the top of my class, and scored excellently on my SATs. I like to think of myself as charming, but that interpretation may vary between individuals.

I typically use logic rather than outright charisma when convincing people about something though, so perhaps Charisma is a it off as well. Wisdom should be split into "Perception" and "Willpower" to account for those of us whose that do not have equal ability with both.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

18 in a stat is considered the absolute top of what a normal human being can accomplish, so you're basically one of the most charming, strongest and intelligent people alive on the planet right now if the stats are true.. Props for self-confidence though. ;)

To quote a guy who got a bit scientific about it.

"What does all this mean? It means that the vast majority of people you meet will be lucky to have a single +1 bonus in any of their ability scores. Most of them will, in fact, have straight 10’s and 11’s across the board."

I could see a few 12-14s for those of us who are truly gifted in a field.. For instance I have maybe 1 sick day a year, so I think my 12 in con is justifiable.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

The test is indeed kind of wacky and tends to dramatically over exaggerate when an individual is a little bit better than average in certain things, but I partially disagree that high scores are caused by ''very healthy'' self esteem. 

I've been working out the past couple of years doing strength training and weight lifting 2 hours / day, I'm definitely much stronger than the average person but 20 strength isn't even achievable by an ordinary human - I mean, according to the rules (Last time I checked) an Ogre has 21.
Though I can I assure you that any well trained weight lifter would easily score 18-20 in strength in that test.

But thats complete missing the point, the test is meant to be fun, its clearly not based on the results of decades of hard scientific research. :p

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

18 in a stat is considered the absolute top of what a normal human being can accomplish, so you're basically one of the most charming, strongest and intelligent people alive on the planet right now if the stats are true.. Props for self-confidence though. ;)

I address the validity of the poll's results further down.

Also, thank you, confidence is more important than skill.

"What does all this mean? It means that the vast majority of people you meet will be lucky to have a single +1 bonus in any of their ability scores. Most of them will, in fact, have straight 10’s and 11’s across the board."

I disagree. Finding someone who is essentially average in every conceivable quality is going to be less common than finding people who excel in certain areas and are weak in others, or someone who is better/worse in all categories. After all, every D&D stat can arguably be improved with work or deteriorate with a lack of effort.

I could see a few 12-14s for those of us who are truly gifted in a field.. For instance I have maybe 1 sick day a year, so I think my 12 in con is justifiable.

IRL, yes of course. However, this poll is not representative of real life any more than Oby's ramblings are in touch with reality.

Take into account that the questions in this poll that determined ability scores had four answers each, which essentially were a negative, a neutral, a positive, and a super-positive. If one were to chose the positive response for the questions concerning one attribute, they would end up with 15 or 16(as I did with STR, CON, and WIS). If one were to chose an even mixture of positive and super-positive for questions concerning a particular attribute, they would end up with a score of 17 or 18(as I did with INT and CHA).

The test is indeed kind of wacky and tends to dramatically over exaggerate when an individual is a little bit better than average in certain things, but I partially disagree that high scores are caused by ''very healthy'' self esteem. 

I've been working out the past couple of years doing strength training and weight lifting 2 hours / day, I'm definitely much stronger than the average person but 20 strength isn't even achievable by an ordinary human - I mean, according to the rules (Last time I checked) an Ogre has 21.

Though I can I assure you that any well trained weight lifter would easily score 18-20 in strength in that test.

But thats complete missing the point, the test is meant to be fun, its clearly not based on the results of decades of hard scientific research. :p

Well the biggest problem with D&D stats is that they don't take into account differences between individuals with similar stats.

For example, I highly doubt that two people who would score 16 would be able to lift the exact amount of weight in every single muscle group, even though they are ranked the same by D&D standards.

Well the biggest problem with D&D stats is that they don't take into account differences between individuals with similar stats.

For example, I highly doubt that two people who would score 16 would be able to lift the exact amount of weight in every single muscle group, even though they are ranked the same by D&D standards.

Yeah, but then we'd be using that d100 die for everything, and then you have off days where you can't quite lift as much...

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Yeah, but then we'd be using that d100 die for everything, and then you have off days where you can't quite lift as much...

Or we could use a 2d100 and get even more exact.

Which would be quite tedious. D&D stats are an abstraction and should remain so, IMO.

I'm not surprised my scores are similar across the board. I've always mixed sport and studies together. Was never fully into one thing and always juggled sport, computers, reading, TV, hobbies, etc. Always liked to do everything but never seem to have the time. :p

I used to play a lot of sport but still play a fair bit now. Play Squash, Tennis, Indoor Hockey, Touch Footy and Surfing. gf likes to play ping pong. Also did subjects like Chemistry, Biology, Economics, 3U Maths and computer programming when I was at school. A bit of everything.

Do a bit of bushwalking and did some last weekend and walked about 25kms (15.5 miles) through rough terrain. My gf was pretty exhausted and sore by the end of it and couldn't keep up with me and I had to stop and wait all the time (it was her idea!). Never had any broken bones or a bleeding nose. About 6 years ago, finished a 3 year course in 18 months. With my first attempt at sitting for the national exam held once a year, was only one of 29 people in a group of 144 in Australia to pass. Was able to recall from memory large parts of legislation word for word which helped. Also, a friend on FB reminded me (and my friends) how he remembered seeing me clock the Atari 2600 game Dodge'Em with only using my feet with the joystick. :)

http://i34.tinypic.com/imknrq.jpg

I can identify with a few of the comments with alignment, class and race.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

18 in a stat is considered the absolute top of what a normal human being can accomplish, so you're basically one of the most charming, strongest and intelligent people alive on the planet right now if the stats are true.. [snip]

Is CON supposed to be about how often you get sick? I thought it had more to do with stamina and/or how well you face/deal with pain in general. And in that regard, I'd be fairly high up I think (tho I don't get sick ala cold/flu too often either). But nowhere near an 18...so 12 seems fine to me.

I do tend to forget that a 10-11 is considered a bit above average in D&D, tho. In pc gaming, I'd always try to have main stats be 12-14 or something and just considered that "normal." :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm a Lawful Neutral Human Ranger (3rd Level).

Ability Scores:

Strength- 11

Dexterity- 12

Constitution- 11
Intelligence- 12
Wisdom- 11
Charisma- 11

What gives with these crapass stats!?

Edited by Tel Aviv

True Neutral Elf Ranger (5th Level)

Strength- 11

Dexterity- 13

Constitution- 12

Intelligence- 13

Wisdom- 14

Charisma- 12

....haha, I'm a weak little thing. ... I might think of myself as leaning more towards Neutral Good too.

But...that test often made me feel like I was contradicting myself from question to question in order to give as "true" answers as possible via the way they worded things. Also....too many questions. :p

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have tried to answer honestly. Age seems to have a negative impact on stats :p

I Am A: Chaotic Neutral Human Sorcerer (7th Level)

Ability Scores:

Strength - 12

Dexterity - 10

Constitution - 13

Intelligence - 15

Wisdom - 11

Charisma - 13

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"you're basically one of the most charming, strongest and intelligent people alive on the planet"

:grin:

You never know, Kaine may be :biggrin:

John Milton 

"you're basically one of the most charming, strongest and intelligent people alive on the planet"

:grin:

You never know, Kaine may be :biggrin:

I don't always post on forums, but when I do, I prefer Obsidian Forum Community.

I address the validity of the poll's results further down.

Also, thank you, confidence is more important than skill.

I disagree. Finding someone who is essentially average in every conceivable quality is going to be less common than finding people who excel in certain areas and are weak in others, or someone who is better/worse in all categories. After all, every D&D stat can arguably be improved with work or deteriorate with a lack of effort.

IRL, yes of course. However, this poll is not representative of real life any more than Oby's ramblings are in touch with reality.

Take into account that the questions in this poll that determined ability scores had four answers each, which essentially were a negative, a neutral, a positive, and a super-positive. If one were to chose the positive response for the questions concerning one attribute, they would end up with 15 or 16(as I did with STR, CON, and WIS). If one were to chose an even mixture of positive and super-positive for questions concerning a particular attribute, they would end up with a score of 17 or 18(as I did with INT and CHA).

This reads more like an 8 charisma to me. :biggrin:

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

This reads more like an 8 charisma to me. :biggrin:

Or a stick up the ass and a burning desire to smite opposition, which we Paladins have in spades.

Edited by KaineParker