Community Photo Sharing Thread

LadyCrimson

My sister and I going paparazzi on some poor mating toads. Yeah, we're a-holes like that. 

paparazzi_zpsa16ce610.jpg

This thread needs moar cats

I just noticed, thats a really nice pair of legs there.  :dancing:

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Oh if we're going to do the flip back in time as well.. Here's a celebrity shot from about 5 years back.:

DSCF0031.jpg

My mother is a major Stargate fanatic, and I had to go push her wheelchair around a very small "convention". As in, Richard Dean Anderson, Amanda Tapping, and about 100 fans, all enclosed in the Bishop's Palace in Wells.  Ended up having tea and crumpets with them as well.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Also, an example of what can happen when you're sorting things out and find a small box of old lego wedged in the back of one wardrobe.. and promptly lose half an hour fiddling...

L_Ship3.jpg

L_Ship4.jpg

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Also, an example of what can happen when you're sorting things out and find a small box of ol lego wedged in the back of one wardrobe.. and promptly lose half an hour fiddling...

Ha, same thing happened to me last Easter, found a box of old Lego, used it to build a contraption that spinned eggs so I could paint them (I'm really bad at painting eggs)

It even had a 1:2.5 gear ratio.  The egg shown here is a bad example though, the color was too dry, the other eggs looked splendid. 

eggthwirler_zpseabc766f.jpg

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 3

^^ Why can't beaches in N. Calif. look like that?  ;(

What hubby does summer mornings.
sundaymorn1.jpg

Not my cat.
neighbor-cat33.jpg

Not my cat.
neighbor-cat34.jpg

My cat.
mrgrey-003_2.jpg

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Your cat seems displeased by the other cat on your fence.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

lTKKBOZ.jpg

Here is the grill I built. Nothing special, but you do get to bask in the glory of my reflection.  :disguise:

Oh crap, I swear, I'm not an alcoholic. Those are not my cans of beer.

Edited by Labadal
  • Like 1

Driving in the mountains to see the leaves change

8730323995_f081f879ea_c.jpg

Those trees on the left side, those are birch trees right? My favorite plant, the combination of white bark and colorful leaves is always breathtakingly beautiful, it just never gets old. 

Puppy - "Food, water, play ball, sleeping bed and blankie. Doggy-heaven? I think so."

Charcoal grill ... good choice, Labadal. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

lTKKBOZ.jpg

Here is the grill I built. Nothing special, but you do get to bask in the glory of my reflection.  :disguise:

Oh crap, I swear, I'm not an alcoholic. Those are not my cans of beer.

We call that a Weber braai\barbeque in South Africa, they are the primary choice for most people. I also assembled my one. It took me a while but I'm not very good at DIY. They are so versatile you can cook almost anything in them. Good call :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I don't know why you're so nervous about the beer!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Those trees on the left side, those are birch trees right? My favorite plant, the combination of white bark and colorful leaves is always breathtakingly beautiful, it just never gets old. 

Try living in a Nordic country and being allergic to birch pollen. Mays are hell.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Negative on the birch, Ghostrider. Those are quaking aspen (Populus tremuloides). Birch (Betula spp.) have pointier (more lanceolate) leaves than the cordate (heart-shaped) leaves of aspen and different bark with plenty of lenticels.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Are you sure? I can't really tell from the low-res pics (I certainly cant make out details of the bark or the shape of the leaves), but my first thought was that those trees looked like small Betula Papyrifera.

Are you sure? I can't really tell from the low-res pics (I certainly cant make out details of the bark or the shape of the leaves), but my first thought was that those trees looked like small Betula Papyrifera.

Check the branches on the right side of the photograph and you can see that they're clearly cordate. Also, observe the topography and soils. Paper birch generally prefer mesic (moist) soils and are often found in riparian areas. Aspen, both quaking and big-toothed, are more broadly adaptable than birch and are found growing in moist and drier soils. If I were inclined to gamble, I'd place a good sum on these being aspen.

Edit: And I love birch, too. They're a very elegant tree, particularly in a large stand.

Edited by Tsuga C
  • Like 3

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/