Modern wars

obyknven

Only someone who had absolutely **** all connection to the Russia could be as tubthumpingly ignorant as you pretend to be about Russia's recent military experiences.

The majority of my life I've been (ostensibly) opposed to the Russian military, but your comments are a god damned disgrace to every poor ***ing terrified conscript and every gung-ho spetsnaz nutloop alike. "No fear of death"? It's a fantasy held solely by those who don't know what it is.

No man was ever diminished in honour for fearing death.

Although if one had spent one's useful hours slandering better men for giggles I can imagine that death's shadow would be particularly chilly when it falls on one.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yet another movie about our Sardukars. The total number of such warriors in Russia is 100 000 - 200 000.

http://youtu.be/CW3EINQyUac

Only someone who had absolutely **** all connection to the Russia could be as tubthumpingly ignorant as you pretend to be about Russia's recent military experiences.

The majority of my life I've been (ostensibly) opposed to the Russian military, but your comments are a god damned disgrace to every poor ***ing terrified conscript and every gung-ho spetsnaz nutloop alike. "No fear of death"? It's a fantasy held solely by those who don't know what it is.

No man was ever diminished in honour for fearing death.

Although if one had spent one's useful hours slandering better men for giggles I can imagine that death's shadow would be particularly chilly when it falls on one.

373147_103250909812834_2094915899_n.jpg

Just compare Chernobyl and Fukushima nuclear incidents. In Chernobyl Russians sacrifice above 2000 lives, but localize radiactive pollution and everything is normal here now. Meanwhile in  Fukushima westernized Japanese  dont want risk by own lives ( safety, western values! ) and as result whole Pacific Ocean and own territory of Japan is polluted by radiation and future generations of Japanese  are cursed. We and Westlings are totally different. Why such obvious things described so many times by many writers need explain to Westlings today?

Actually most experts consider the irradiated cooling water seeping into the ocean to be of little significance. The ocean is really big. They are going to build a permanent ice capsule to quadrant off the ground water leakage long term.

The building of the first Chernobyl sarcophagus was a quick fix, it's full of holes and estimated to last no more than 30 years. The EU ponied up the money for the follow up work which is expected to actually make the place safe. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Actually most experts consider the irradiated cooling water seeping into the ocean to be of little significance. The ocean is really big. They are going to build a permanent ice capsule to quadrant off the ground water leakage long term.

:no: Probably you never see mutants IRL. Even small radiactive pollution is very dangerous for future generations. 

The building of the first Chernobyl sarcophagus was a quick fix, it's full of holes and estimated to last no more than 30 years. The EU ponied up the money for the follow up work which is expected to actually make the place safe. 

Ukrainians want  steal moneys from EU, nothing unusual.

"Russian peacekeepers"

What

When they've killed all of their opponents they keep peaceful watch over the rubble and decomposing bodies.  See?  Peacekeepers!

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

:no: Probably you never see mutants IRL. Even small radiactive pollution is very dangerous for future generations. 

Ukrainians want  steal moneys from EU, nothing unusual.

You get small levels of radiation every day from that big ball in the sky, not to mention cosmic radiation. The Fukushima water can't compete at all. Remember the world is 80% water.

• Like 2

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Don't make me laugh with the Chernobyl sarcophagus, the radioactive graphite melted through the hull and it was all gone in a matter of hours, the heat caused the reactor floor to melt and all of the reactor fuel leaked into the ground. I've seen a documentary where experts went inside the reactor without protective equipment and the radiation was relatively low, they showed that all the radioactive material inside was gone, burned into the air and leaked into the ground.

The new sarcophagus is only a blatant rip-off, like the old one.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

"The third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star fell from heaven, blazing like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many died from the water, because it was made bitter."

(Revelation 8:10–11, New Revised Standard Version )

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Don't make me laugh with the Chernobyl sarcophagus, the radioactive graphite melted through the hull and it was all gone in a matter of hours, the heat caused the reactor floor to melt and all of the reactor fuel leaked into the ground. I've seen a documentary where experts went inside the reactor without protective equipment and the radiation was relatively low, they showed that all the radioactive material inside was gone, burned into the air and leaked into the ground.

The new sarcophagus is only a blatant rip-off, like the old one.

"I've seen a documentary" is a pretty baseless argument, especially considering the fact that as far as I can tell, the reactor hall is off limits due to hideous amounts of radioactivity from the corium that formed after the core melted. Now, what you may have seen is reporters and reactor staff entering the control room, which is safe to enter as long as you bug out in five, max fifteen minutes to minimize exposure. The waste at Chernobyl is still a clear and present danger and a warning on how not to build and use power plants. Fukushima is pretty mild by comparison. Nobody died from radiation exposure so far and the situation is fairly contained.

It doesn't stop ignoramuses from spreading the lies that the entire Pacific Ocean is contaminated. Or indiscrimnately sharing unrelated materials.

Also, thank you Gorgon. May your head snakes stay virile.

• Like 1

Yet another movie about our Sardukars. The total number of such warriors in Russia is 100 000 - 200 000.

http://youtu.be/CW3EINQyUac

Nice piece of propaganda. I've seen similar from german and american special forces. Everyone wants to show how strong and well trained they are and that never anything goes wrong.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

"I've seen a documentary" is a pretty baseless argument, especially considering the fact that as far as I can tell, the reactor hall is off limits due to hideous amounts of radioactivity from the corium that formed after the core melted.

Wrong, it was the reactor itself, and yes, they got special permission but they overstepped some limits as far as I can remember. Each expert had a Geiger counter and the radiation was tolerable for a short time of exposure even when they entered the reactor itself where radioactive reactor fuel was. All of the radioactive material was gone.

Wrong, it was the reactor itself, and yes, they got special permission but they overstepped some limits as far as I can remember. Each expert had a Geiger counter and the radiation was tolerable for a short time of exposure even when they entered the reactor itself where radioactive reactor fuel was. All of the radioactive material was gone.

I'm not sure you are aware of the inherent contradiction in your post. If the radiation was tolerable only for a short time, then the radioactive material could not be gone completely. Care to link that documentary for reference? I have a hard time believing a team was permitted to enter the reactor hall, including the reactor well and maintenance corridors where the melted fuel accumulated.

I understand that the facts about radiation dangers are hard to comprehend if you lack technical knowledge.

Let me just explain some things which are a common source of confusion:

Radiation is not the same thing as radioactive materials, and different radioactive materials are not equally dangerous. So, in general (speaking in very loose terms) it's often far less dangerous to be subjected to radiation for a short while than to inhale or digest certain radioactive materials. Certain parts of the body are more vulnerable than others, and the skin is an effective shield against alpha- and even partially against beta-radiation (types of radiation which quickly become dangerous when they're inside of our body). The burgers you all eat at McDonalds are subjected to radiation as a sanitation measure when they're created. Because no long-lived radioactive substances have been transmitted to the burger, it's not dangerous to eat a short while afterwards.

So, if they let irradiated water (heavy water) leave Fukushima, I wouldn't be worried at all. But if they let water containing traces of heavier elements present in the reactor out, that's far more serious.

Woldan must have meant that the primary radioactive materials (the reactor fuel) was gone, but other lighter decay products and elements which spread more easily (such as Cs-137) would be very abundant in the surrounding area.

• Like 2

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

All of the radioactive material was gone.

No.  The radioactive material at Chernobyl is comprised of Cesium 137, Strontium 90, and Plutonium 241 which have half-lives on the order of 15 to 30 years.  (The Iodine 131 has a half life measured in  days so its likely decayed into other forms.)  That means that unless the site has been fully decontaminated there is still fissile material around.  Plutonium 241 will decay to Americum 241 which has a half-life of 432 years. 

So the radioactive material is not likely gone.  The fact that the containment shroud has failed and needs to be replaced should be evidence of that. 

As Rostere mentioned, the damage from radioactive material is from gamma emitters (X-rays). 

Edited by kgambit

Nice piece of propaganda. I've seen similar from german and american special forces. Everyone wants to show how strong and well trained they are and that never anything goes wrong.

The difference being that the KSK is awesome and nothing ever goes wrong. ;P

Lol, do you proud about these Wermacht toy soldiers?

http://www.shadowspear.com/vb/threads/german-ksk.6050/

The Germans have been pussies since 1945...

I think KSK has done time in Afghanistan. The German military is neutered by their officers and politicians. My few experiences with them have been very negative. If you were to compare post-WWII stereotypes the French are over here kicking ass while the Germans sit in Kunduz and allow the TB to become a relevant force again in a portion of the country that was beyond calm. They took the north because they knew they wouldn't see combat up there and now the US is being forced to build up troops in the region because our "allies" in the north are limp like coke ****.

Also i can remember reports from ex-Ussr Germans about Wermacht .  During joint military exercises Wermacht provide external perimetr for U.S. troops and Americans bigin shoot at them if German soldiers go too close to U.S. positions. Germany is just yet occupied country with decorative military forces.

Instead of this Germans can be proud about DDR's National People's Army (at least they beat US asses during Vietnam war). And don't forgot about Stazi commando, they are really one of best Special forces in the world.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?13370-Gruppe-Ralf-Foster-Secret-Stasi-Commando

T3Xd4u9zLVQ.jpg

Yeah. Gotta love those Stazi, Oby. Gotta love those Stazi.

-Elwood Blues

A video I found about the new Russian tank assist vehicle, BMPT. I have to say, its pretty damn badass and while I'm not an expert in these things I'd say its combat value is much higher than those of main battle tanks. Its way more compact, the machinecannon rounds can cover a large area with deadly shrapnel, more rounds can be fired and more targets dispatched before dust blocks the view, more targets can be destroyed because the tank carries hell of a lot more ammo than a usual battle tank, it might be effective against low altitude aircraft and the rockets seem to be powerful enough to destroy armored vehicles/buildings heavy cover. Sounds like a win/win situation to me.

Edited by Woldan

How is it any better than a BMP-3?

-Elwood Blues

But if the aiming software is so accurate why does it NEED two guns pointing in the same direction?

Other vehicle electronics could just as easily be put into another vehicle.

What you've got is a wider, hungrier, slower version of an IFV. ...That looks badass.

BMP-3 has a rapid cannon, missiles, AND a heavy mortar/gun/launcher thingy.

I still say it's just a way to try and eke out usefulness from an obsolescent MBT among nations now more scared of their own people than anyone external.

-Elwood Blues

But if the aiming software is so accurate why does it NEED two guns pointing in the same direction?

I guess it needs two guns because the anti aircraft cannons had multiple barrels. Heat. With two guns you can cut the firing rate in half for each gun and you get less barrel heat that totally screws up your accuracy while pumping as much lead downrange as a single cannon that overheats in no time at all. There is also less barrel wear. I imagine you can also use different ammunition in each gun, like API in one gun and HE in the other one.

....has a rapid cannon, missiles, AND a heavy mortar/gun/launcher thingy.

I thought the launcher thingy is actually the rocket launcher thingy. Its a mortar?