Modern wars

obyknven

Obama Prepares to Wage Offensive, First-strike Strategic Nuclear Warfare against Russia, China, Iran, North Korea and Syria

I have now had the chance to read Obama’s recently released Report on Nuclear Employment Strategy of the United States, (June 21, 2013).  The critical passage can be found on page 5:

“The 2010 Nuclear Posture Review established the Administration’s goal to set conditions that would allow the United States to safely adopt a policy of making deterrence of nuclear attack the sole purpose of U.S. nuclear weapons. Although we cannot  adopt such a policy today, the new guidance re-iterates the intention to work towards that goal over time.”

In other words, “nuclear deterrence” is not now and has not been the policy of the Obama administration going back to and including  their 2010 Nuclear Posture Review as well. 
Since “nuclear deterrence” is not now and has never been the Obama administration’s nuclear weapons  policy from the get-go, then by default this means that offensive first-strike  strategic  nuclear war  fighting is now and has always been the Obama administration’s nuclear weapons policy.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/obama-prepares-to-wage-offensive-first-strike-strategic-nuclear-warfare-against-russia-china-iran-north-korea-and-syria/5340299

What your elite are doing? :facepalm: Somebody must explain to Murican president about impossibility of war. Russia can destroy whole Earth and exterminate humanity, for this penetration through the PRO is not needed. USA can do this too. It's main reason why Warsaw Pact and Nato never try begin fullscale war. Degradation of Murican elite looks scary, they even don't known own possibilities.

78666_original.jpg

• 1 month later...

Good example of US anti-guerrilla warfare.

Murrican brave warriors annihilate entire Afghan village with civilians Taliban bad guys. 

516797_900.gif

Meanwhile malicious Russian military forces avoid use such weapons even against regular troops in last war against Georgia.

• 1 month later...

Meanwhile malicious Russian military forces avoid use such weapons even against regular troops in last war against Georgia.

ROFLMAO.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

ROFLMAO.

Yeah, ROFLMAO.

16 000 - 18 000 civilian caslaties in Afghanistan ( according to Western sources ) vs 224 civilian casulaties in Georgia (  according to Georgian sources  ).

Russians dont use artillery in Georgian war and almost don't use aviation, only tanks and infantry, only fair combat.

850,000 to 1,500,000 Afghan civilians killed during the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan (excludes Mujahadeen)

Documented soviet chemical weapon attacks occurred six months prior to the invasion (air attacks) and continued with 43 separate attacks and 3000+ deaths in the first year after the invasion - delivery systems include Mi-24 Hind helicopters

Documented use of TMS-65 decontamination vehicles by soviet troops 

Edited by kgambit

At first glance looks like they hit that with artillery

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I could be wrong but I think the largest artillery we have is 155mm, which Im not sure would produce as large an explosion as the first two. All the other explosions are smaller and did not produce a large flash so I felt they were secondary unless they were bombarded by different caliber artilleries.

Could be, am not sure of what range one can expect a secondary explosion (or that cool term of sympathetic detonation), so the explosion on the left could be it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I could be wrong but I think the largest artillery we have is 155mm, which Im not sure would produce as large an explosion as the first two. All the other explosions are smaller and did not produce a large flash so I felt they were secondary unless they were bombarded by different caliber artilleries.

I think that's right.  Standard field artillery is 105 mm or 155 mm , self-propelled artillery  155mm.  The only larger caliber I know of are the 227mm MLRS.

Edited by kgambit

I think that's right.  Standard field artillery is 105 mm or 155 mm , self-propelled artillery  155mm.  The only larger caliber I know of are the 227mm MLRS.

The United States as well as Soviet successor states have operated 203mm self-propelled howitzer pieces in the form of the M-110 and the 2S7 Pion respectively (the latter remains in active service). However the advent of smart munitions and advances in fire-control systems have indeed reduced the importance of caliber, explosive power, and sheer volume of fire in the effectiveness of artillery. 

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

850,000 to 1,500,000 Afghan civilians killed during the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan (excludes Mujahadeen)

I fix you. 850,000 to 1,500,000 Afghan civilians killed during the Civil war in Afghanistan. Obviously not all of these civilians killed by Soviets. And this is not invasion, or not war Soviet's vs Afghans. This civil war begin before Soviets participation  and one of side in this war invite us for the help. Our participation always considered as temporary in this war, our only failure - we choise wrong (weak) side for support.  We must choise Hafizullah Amin, but this guy kill some Afghan friends of Brezhnev (they had personal protection from Soviet General Secretary) and Soviet leader begin vendetta against him. 

Anyway NATO now leave Afghanistan and Afghans invite Russia again.

http://english.pravda.ru/world/asia/20-11-2012/122866-russia_afghanistan-0/

http://www.smh.com.au/world/debacles-aside-russias-going-back-to-afghanistan-20130402-2h4yr.html

The United States as well as Soviet successor states have operated 203mm self-propelled howitzer pieces in the form of the M-110 and the 2S7 Pion respectively (the latter remains in active service). However the advent of smart munitions and advances in fire-control systems have indeed reduced the importance of caliber, explosive power, and sheer volume of fire in the effectiveness of artillery. 

I thought the 203mm M-110s had all been retired in the 1990s.  Thanks for the correction.  :)

Edited by kgambit

I thought the 203mm M-110s had all been retired in the 1990s.  Thanks for the correction.  :)

Well the US Army did retire them as you said. Just pointing out that they were a part of the US inventory in relatively recent history ;)

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Russians dont use artillery in Georgian war and almost don't use aviation, only tanks and infantry, only fair combat.

I'm just curious. Who exactly do you think believes this?

Russians fighting a war without artillery would be like the British fighting a war without losing for the first year.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm just curious. Who exactly do you think believes this?

Russians fighting a war without artillery would be like the British fighting a war without losing for the first year.

Soviets didn't call artillery "The God of War" for nuthin' 

-Rod Serling

I didn't think they did use much artillery in Georgia (wiki suggests one SP regiment), though I'd somewhat suspect if so it was more to do with all supply having to come through a single tunnel than any concerns over fairness. The air power thing is rubbish of course as extensive use of air power was made.

I didn't think they did use much artillery in Georgia (wiki suggests one SP regiment), though I'd somewhat suspect if so it was more to do with all supply having to come through a single tunnel than any concerns over fairness. The air power thing is rubbish of course as extensive use of air power was made.

Which rather begs the question of what the post was for.

-Elwood Blues

To provoke you again, I assume.

Rather like shooting fish in a barrel, though. I get provoked by stray clouds.

-Elwood Blues

Pretty cool, I've always thought that tanks with quick machine cannons are way more efficient in urban warfare than full sized battle tanks with heir huge and slow main cannon. Whats the caliber? 35, 30mm or 20mm?

Reminds me of a scaled down ground-to-ground version of the German Gepard tank:

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet.