obyknven

A russian army unit was transferred to a poligon near lake Chebarkul which recently became famous as one of the meteorite's crash sites. Coincidentally this happens as the MoD suddenly conveys military exercise all over Russia. The unit is supposed to stay there "until further instructions".

So, 4 a.m., 7 planes carrying 500 troops and combat vehicles rapidly leave central Russia, go to Chelyabinsk, virtually to the meteorite crash site, massive army exercise happening in the country and MoD says there is no connection to the recent events. Move along, nothing to see here.

http://youtu.be/TRonNNpjDYM

A russian army unit was transferred to a poligon near lake Chebarkul which recently became famous as one of the meteorite's crash sites. Coincidentally this happens as the MoD suddenly conveys military exercise all over Russia. The unit is supposed to stay there "until further instructions".

So, 4 a.m., 7 planes carrying 500 troops and combat vehicles rapidly leave central Russia, go to Chelyabinsk, virtually to the meteorite crash site, massive army exercise happening in the country and MoD says there is no connection to the recent events. Move along, nothing to see here.

http://youtu.be/TRonNNpjDYM

Those meteorite fragments are worth a lot of money. But i'm sure no Russian general has ever used his troops as domestic servants.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Find funny Russian artist.

%D0%B2%D1%81%D0%B5%D0%BC-%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0

This is sort of an unorthodox dedication to 9th of May and my country in general.

Whils being patriotic, I'm not at all hurray-patriotic. I love Russia not for the golden filligree of her culture and ****. No. I love my country for all the things the western - and eastern - cultures deem us the epitome of evil.

Knowing english and using internet allows one to gather a big massive of opinions, and I do know how the western media and history portrays my country and my people. It's funny in a sense that we russians are unlucky to be lilly-white.
Hating on non-whites for their culture or life-style is deemed bad and racist. Hating on yourself is absurd. So Russia had become this salvating island where the tabooes doesn't work. We're white, and therefore guilty of all that the other whites try to wash off.
Occupation, repression, genocide.

This major misunderstanind in the midst of the western civilization, at least it's modern variant, possibly lies in the fact - and this is what I depicted - that we're a warrior nation. Our history is a string of wars, fight for survival, betrayals and not very successful attempts at building a peaceful, if opportunistic society in the veing of western european ones. That's why we were usually late to the happy tiems - when western europeans had their civilized inner conflicts and regulated war, we were dying and fighting - with and by the hands of enemies outer and inner.
Perhaps it's the reason why we suck at helping ourselves at times of peace but unite when war is about.

That's the paradox of the national character.

Who ever comes here - dies here. It's a burial ground, in the end.

So I illustrated that. If we're deemed the ultimate evil on Earth - we might well be it. No matter how much time Russia would be declared broken apart, it's population dying out, it's defenses shut down - we'll rise again. It happened many, many times.
Not like a phoenix, none of that romantical crap. Rise like a ****ing zombie to lay waste to whoever thinks that they've won and overcome us.

Only we had created the Dead Hand, the automatized system of nuclear revenge strike, that would obliterate the enemy even if the whole country becomes a lifeless wasteland. If there's no one alive here - the dead will fight and ensure that we'll be avenged.

That's what I salute to - to our russian inability to be merciful both to our foes and to ourselves.

That's the driving spirit. I'm proud of my country's history and I'm proud to live in what is considered to be a corrupted hellhole. Because in the end, it's a challenge.
And challenges make worthy people.

So in summary his point is "We're not evil, we're just kinda like a merciless zombie bend on destroying life as you know it..."

I never realized Russians were so butthurt heh.. To be honest you don't really figure much in the consciousness of the average European. You're like a quirky relative, who's kinda interesting and mysterious and you wish you'd get to know better - but then every once in a while gets bat-****-crazy-drunk at the family reunion, which kinda makes you keep your distance and only politely affiliate with.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Your fascination with finding weird crap about Russia perplexes me. Who is that artist and why does he matter? Most Russians don't really give a crap about what you think they give a crap about.

I should make a thread on some Russian forum posting backwood hillbillies waving American flags. See how it goes.

Edited by Fighter

So in summary his point is "We're not evil, we're just kinda like a merciless zombie bend on destroying life as you know it..."

Wrong. In summary his point "We try be nice with foreighners, but only dead/weak/sick/traitorous/enslaved Russians is good for them. If we anyway be evil for them, maybe we must become really evil empire?" Your post confirms the correctness of this guy. Anyway you are too serious. This artist made this pic with russian war trophies (using bodies of enemies as trophies is ancient slavic tradition) just for lulz.

Fighter

You are not Russian, obviously. Because this you can't say what normal behavior for Russians is.

x_01ac7dcc.jpg

P.S. I think, explanation about Russian cultural background needed, but this theme is huge. I try do this later.

You are not Russian, obviously. Because this you can't say what normal behavior for Russians is.

Тебе кто сказал что я не русский? Сам откуда? Фигню бессмысленную суешь сюда. Не надо мне всякую чушь про нас рассказывать.

Or who has access to a reliable translator, in any case. We need more nationalistic agitator posters, maybe we can get some vehemently pro-Mexican or Canadian poster as a start.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Тебе кто сказал что я не русский? Сам откуда? Фигню бессмысленную суешь сюда. Не надо мне всякую чушь про нас рассказывать.

Looks like google translated text or you just don't known Russian language so much ( for be Russian ). Anyway this thread not about your person (you can stat own tread with your photo/proof, if it's so important for you).  

MOAR about Russian cultural backgound

Foreigners hate Russia so much from ancient times. It's began in early medieval times when Russians exterminate Khazar Khaganate and make numerous wars against Byzantium and Caliphate. Because this People of Ros appeared as enemy in Christianity, Islam and Judaism. 

And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the L-rd G-d, that my fury shall come up in my face... in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land Of Israel... And I will call for a sword against him (Gog) throughout all my mountains... and I will rain upon him, and upon his hands, and upon the many peoples that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone. Thus will I become great, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the L-rd.

Thou, Son of Man, prophesy against Gog, and say, Thus said the L-rd G-d: Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the prince of Ros, Meshech, and Tubal: And I will turn thee back, and lead thee astray, and will cause thee to come up from the north parts, and will bring thee upon the mountains of Israel: And I will smite thy bow out of thy left hand, and will cause thine arrows to fill out of thy right hand. Thou shalt fall upon the mountains of Israel, thou, and all thy bands, and the peoples that are with thee... And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell securely in the isles: and they shall know that I am the L-rd. So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them profane my holy name any more: and the nations shall know that I am the L-rd, the Holy One in Israel

The biblical interpretation that Russia is Gog, is one that some Russians believe themselves according to historian Christopher Marsh. He writes "Russians and Ukrainians, [are] two peoples with a long history of looking to the Bible for clues to their past and future. At least as far back as the Primary Chronicle, the Rus' looked to scripture for such clues and found them from Genesis to Revelations. They were the descendants of Noah's third son, Japheth, giving themselves direct lineage to the diluvian period, and they were of the tribe of Magog (or Gog), in the land of Rosh. The implications of such identity as expressed in Revelations, where the Gog and Magog were both thrown out of heaven, apparently didn't matter to those drawing these lines. Ancestors were found in the Bible, and that was enough."

In other words Russians are Gog & Magog from your scary myths.  Actually Russians like this,  they considered yourself as Tool of God, they must exterminate filthy humanity and clean Earth from sin (or bring end to  Kali Yuga if you want other interpretation,  later explain why this is correct ).

Prediction of Orthodox saint Seraphim of Sarov ( XIX century ).

Serafim_and_a_bear.jpg

Before the end of time, Russia will merge into one great sea from other lands and the tribes of Slavs, it will be a sea or ocean that great universal folk about any old, the Lord God hath spoken by the mouth of all the saints: "The stern and invincible kingdom of the All-Russian, Slavic - Gog and Magog before whom trembling all peoples. " And all this - all the same as two and two make four, and certainly as God is holy, old, predicted about it and its terrible dominion over the earth. 

Looks like google translated text or you just don't known Russian language so much ( for be Russian ). Anyway this thread not about your person (you can stat own tread with your photo/proof, if it's so important for you).  

Ты же понятия не имеешь о чем речь. Это у тебя 'гугл' в мозгах. К психиатру иди, потом будет поздно. Знаток русского нашелся здесь бля.

You need medication. Weirdo.

I never realized Russians were so butthurt heh.. To be honest you don't really figure much in the consciousness of the average European. You're like a quirky relative, who's kinda interesting and mysterious and you wish you'd get to know better - but then every once in a while gets bat-****-crazy-drunk at the family reunion, which kinda makes you keep your distance and only politely affiliate with.

Ros wins!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

As long as they keep the gas flowing, as well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

312037757.jpg

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/02/27/russia_denies_visa_for_leading_congressional_human_rights_advocate

Rep. Chris Smith (R-NJ), the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs subcommittee on human rights, has been traveling to Russia and before that the Soviet Union for decades. But this month, the Russian government denied him a visa for the first time, despite a personal intervention from the U.S. ambassador in Moscow.

Smith was an original sponsor of the Magnitsky bill.

"The Magnitsky bill is the reason I didn't get the visa. This is the first time," Smith said. "I was shocked. During the worst days of the Soviet Union I went there repeatedly.

Lol. This 'Murican expected something different.

312037757.jpg

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/02/27/russia_denies_visa_for_leading_congressional_human_rights_advocate

Rep. Chris Smith (R-NJ), the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs subcommittee on human rights, has been traveling to Russia and before that the Soviet Union for decades. But this month, the Russian government denied him a visa for the first time, despite a personal intervention from the U.S. ambassador in Moscow.

Smith was an original sponsor of the Magnitsky bill.

"The Magnitsky bill is the reason I didn't get the visa. This is the first time," Smith said. "I was shocked. During the worst days of the Soviet Union I went there repeatedly.

Lol. This 'Murican expected something different.

Putin's a heid the baw. He makes a calculated stance out of refusing to play the international game, because he thinks it makes his junk look weightier. I guess many Russians  agree.

Personally, I find being impressed by his macho posturing, given his corruption, opposition to free speech etc. a bit kinky/creepy. Russia needs to find better role models.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I just realized this was the Russia "tread". LOL. Is this supposed to be about tanks or something?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands