Eating Cats, Dogs, Rats, Reptiles...

Felithvian

What do you think?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you eat these kind of animals?

• Yes
    • No

I'm both surprised and impressed the obvious slippery slope hasn't come up yet.

Yes I'll eat manflesh too. provided it died of natural causes and was prepared well

In the frozen wastes, there is no shame in taking the strength of your fallen comrades.

• Like 1

I question the heterosexuality of any man who willingly puts testicles in his mouth.

Believe me, I sincerely wish those bull orbs was the last ones I must have ever eat :getlost: (it was matter of courtesy toward a host) it tasted alright, but man, I could feel my own eggs shrieking in pain :biggrin:The host on the other hand was totally enjoing his "meal" and was 100% straight for sure.

Edited by Ywerion

"Have you ever spoken with the dead? Called to them from this side? Called them from their silent rest? Do you know what it is that they feel?

Pain. Pain, when torn into this wakefulness, this reminder of the chaos from which they had escaped. Pain of having to live! There will be no more pain. There will be... no more chaos."

Kerghan the Terrible,

first of the Necromancers,

voyager in the Lands of the Dead.

My rule is that I'd never knowingly eat an animal I've had as a pet. My parents have cats and did when I was growing up (so they were my pets by extension), and I've had pet rats. Both of those are on the list so I had to vote "no". Dogs, reptiles, and birds? Game on.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I wouldn't mind eating rats or reptiles ... dogs or cats, though - no thanks - too much of a cultural issue for me.

On the other hand, some of the things I eat (semi-regularly) are not considered proper food elsewhere - horse, reindeer and whale meat, for example.

It's all relative and culture-dependent, I guess.

Now thats an impressive list of food you have eaten

But honestly Whale? As far as I know only the Japanese, Norwegians and you guys still hunt them. I am not trying to judge your culture but don't you object to eating an endangered species?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That's a no to dogs, cats, reptiles, dolphins and whales. I've tried Kangaroo but not a fan. Frogs I would be willing, but not snails given they can carry a parasite that can cause meningitis. Sure low probability, but there is plenty of other food out there to satisfy me.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

That's a no to dogs, cats, reptiles, dolphins and whales. I've tried Kangaroo but not a fan. Frogs I would be willing, but not snails given they can carry a parasite that can cause meningitis. Sure low probability, but there is plenty of other food out there to satisfy me.

Holy Smoke Bos, you are little selective with your diet?

But living in Australia if you cut out food types like reptiles and dogs what other food is availible that is considered meat?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

But honestly Whale? As far as I know only the Japanese, Norwegians and you guys still hunt them. I am not trying to judge your culture but don't you object to eating an endangered species?

Uhm. There are many types of whale, and the endangered ones are not hunted. The most commonly hunted one around here is "hrefna" (pilot whale), with around 43.000 animals - and the yearly quota of 200-400 has limited effect on the population size...in fact, if it was not hunted for food, we might even have to hunt it just to "cull the herds" - to keep the population down to a sustainable level.

However, there is a good reason for not eating whale meat - it contains too much mercury and cadmium (due to pollution) - in fact, in the Faroe Islands, they have recommended that pregnant women do not eat whale meat for this reason, so who knows - maybe we will stop eating whale meat for health reasons ... would be a shame, though.

Now, to get back to the subject....some other unusual food I have tried is frogs (overrated...tasted just like slightly slimy chicken), kangaroo (meh, no wonder it is not a major export from Australia), zebra (not bad, but very similar to beef and horse meat),

In fact, I'll try just about anything, as long as it is dead when it is put in front of me - I really don't like food that tries to wriggle or crawl away when I am supposed to be eating it.

Edited by Frisk