PA Report about Eternity and Brennecke - new concept art

I also suck at seeing things, I just noticed a trigger lol.

I honestly am quite vague on the workings of wheellocks

Well instead of working the cord and looking like an idiot trying to make it burn with your mouth, you use special key for lock to make spring move the wheel which has knurl on it. When you pull the trigger, wheel starts to turn fast and knurl scratches little piece of pyrite. That creates spark, and spark ignites powder.

Edited by Shadenuat
  • Like 1

She's not going to be a soldier, standing in line and taking opposing fire in the booblessplate.

An adventurer, she probably needs the armor mostly to stop arrows and later in melee,

so a full suit makes sense.

The gloves would often be of the type with cover on the outside only. In this case, can't tell.

Maybe she's just real nimble and skilled at handling everything with gloves on?

Later full plate armors would indeed stop a musket ball, at least from distance.

But those were hella expensive, makes more sense to make a cuirass for 5 guys than 1 full suit.

Rich lords and other guys buying their own stuff would still opt for full plate, for a while at least.

That could be a blunderbuss.

I suppose you're right.

Could be, or the trumpet could be just for show. It never had any effect on the spread anyway,

which was well known by proper gunsmiths. But the business end of the weapon looked more

intimidating when it was twice as wide. Which is why those were well liked.

A good page explaining the various firing mechanisms.

Edited by Jarmo

I also suck at seeing things, I just noticed a trigger lol.

I honestly am quite vague on the workings of wheellocks

Well instead of working the cord and looking like an idiot trying to make it burn with your mouth, you use special key for lock to make spring move the wheel which has knurl on it. When you pull the trigger, wheel starts to turn fast and knurl scratches little piece of pyrite. That creates spark, and spark ignites powder.

Cheers that helps alot! :) For some reason I always have difficulty visualising in my head how they work.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I already said about codpiece, as for

Anatomical cuirass

there is a reason why that military tradition concede to much better curved steel armor, but if you have no idea what's the difference between bronze age and an age with steel armor and wheellock guns, I can't help you.

Edited by Shadenuat
  • Like 1

Maybe her right hand is only wearing a leather glove perhaps with some minimal plate on it rather than being as armored as her left hand. Also there would likely be no trigger guard so it is not like she has to slip a finger in a loop.

Well, I guess you can see a trigger guard in the picture.

Edited by Thulean

I already said about codpiece, as for

Anatomical cuirass

there is a reason why that military tradition concede to much better curved steel armor, but if you have no idea what's the difference between bronze age and an age with steel armor and wheellock guns, I can't help you.

:facepalm:

med_gallery_1649_11_126967.jpg

Italy. XV century

For those who are saying "Why wear plate armour with the gun" I just can say this; guns like that were slow to reload and they had to be reloaded after every shot so she most probably will shoot once and then switch for the hammer and melee, or just save the gun for the special circumstances (like shooting at the wizards).

Guns were used with metal armors for a bit before they became powerful enough to get through the metal, and I'd guess it's the same in the world of Project Eternity.

Also, they can just make the triggerguard big enough so that glove can fit into it, and not a whole finger has to be plated with metal, just the top has to be so fingers can bend more.

• Like 1

Italy. XV century

You did't read about the codpiece, did't you?

Before you get your head out of sand and understand the difference between armor you find in museum, armor for high ranking officers and real ******* armor, for the love of god, ban yourself in google.

Nitpicking is not going to help anyone, a concession was made and if Obsidian does what every post asks the new image will end up being a ridiculous monstrosity.

The game is isometric, we will not be able to see trigger guards, we probably will not be able to notice belt straps beyond the character inventory screen.

This topic is no longer about making a logical improvement to a character but trashing a perfectly fine piece of artwork, I elect for a lock.

• Like 3

Italy. XV century

You did't read about the codpiece, did't you?

Before you get your head out of sand and understand the difference between armor you find in museum, armor for high ranking officers and real ******* armor, for the love of god, ban yourself in google.

Difference in price. Rabble can't buy them and wear "simplified"/"realistic" armor.

I much prefer her new armour it looks great. I can imagine wearing that with my F cups lol! Like Mr Sawyer says there's loads of padding underneath so intensely shaped armour would be kind of silly.

As for the gun, if it's a rifle, I can imagine she fires it until the enemy is close then takes them on with weapon and shield.

I like this character!

Edited by Moonlight Butterfly
  • Like 2

This thread so funny.

While men can wear Anatomical cuirass

or even Codpiece armor

they crying about womens boobs plates

http://en.wikipedia..../Muscle_cuirass

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codpiece

http://www.users.qwe...tion/index.html

I want my character to have the cod piece on the right. I rather like the flowing 'stache.

Cod-Piece_by_Wendelin_Boeheim.jpg

Edited by Thulean

This thread so funny.

While men can wear Anatomical cuirass

or even Codpiece armor

they crying about womens boobs plates

http://en.wikipedia..../Muscle_cuirass

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codpiece

http://www.users.qwe...tion/index.html

I want my character to have the cod piece on the right. I rather like the flowing 'stache.

Cod-Piece_by_Wendelin_Boeheim.jpg

Only available to monks who specialize in hip-thrusting forms of combat.

Gives them wicked bonuses, though. And a chance to cause the target to flee in horror for 30 seconds.

Difference in price. Rabble can't buy them and wear "simplified"/"realistic" armor.

I can't disagree with you completely here, but I don't have to, because that does't by any means prove people mocking boobplate wrong. Character we are presented with does not look like somebody rich and powerful with need to impress or be separated from "the rabble" (she does't wear a crown, doest she?).

Ironically, if we'd get a male in ornamented armor which would rather suit a king than an adventurer, there won't be as much butthurt as for boobplate, even if it's even more distant from reality.

But that's what you get when you constantly try and promote stupid. Boobplate is stupid, metal **** is kinda stupid, and gold armor set with rubies on somebody who does't even have a house is, too, stupid. But some stupid is just so annoyingly and persistantly stupid, it draws attention instantly. Like the f-n boobplate.

• Like 1

The thread does seem to have taken a turn for the redundant. If you would like to continue discussing armor, we could make a return to this thread: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/60115-armour-and-weapon-designs-a-plea/page__st__400

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."