The Obsidian Order of Eternity wants YOU! part 2

@Nakia and Gensou: Did one of you create that signature? Is it possible to get the shield as a template for new avatars? I'd love to update mine with a lil' Companion Cube in it. ;)

Or LordCrash? Maybe an avater version of yours? Looks awesome, too. I can imagine that it could get the right shape for an avatar, if the pennant/banner thingy (sorry, don't know the right term) would be a little bit higher maybe... and the Uroboros a little bit bigger so that I can get my Cube in it, haha. Nah, don't want to bother you. Maybe I try to create something myself.

And wow, the Obsidian Order is really growing. So many new people, welcome everyone!

And people are making so much effort with stuff like the poem or these graphics. :)

Edited by Kabraxis

Companion Cube of the Obsidian Order

Need a companion? Or a cube? Join the Order now!

Gensou has a template but I don't have the link. Maybe when he comes go he will link to it. It makes a nice sig bar doesn't it? :lol: We have so many choices now. Fantastic.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

Wow, another thread about the Order!

Congrats to the Order's mods who have been so successful at recruiting new members.

Well done!

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg                            

@Nakia and Gensou: Did one of you create that signature? Is it possible to get the shield as a template for new avatars? I'd love to update mine with a lil' Companion Cube in it. ;)

Or LordCrash? Maybe an avater version of yours? Looks awesome, too. I can imagine that it could get the right shape for an avatar, if the pennant/banner thingy (sorry, don't know the right term) would be a little bit higher maybe... and the Uroboros a little bit bigger so that I can get my Cube in it, haha. Nah, don't want to bother you. Maybe I try to create something myself.

And wow, the Obsidian Order is really growing. So many new people, welcome everyone!

And people are making so much effort with stuff like the poem or these graphics. :)

Yeah, I'll see what I can do. I do have some modification of the artwork in mind for an avatar version but I want to do it right so it will probably take some time. ;)

And thanks for the appreciation!

I think you should send a PM to Gensou for his banner. ;)

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

Just upped my pledge, great to be here!

I'd like the title: Dwarven Defender of the Obsidian Order

DreamingVoid? A fan of Peter F. Hamilton are you??

Aye, huge fan of Mr Hamilton's work. Got every book he has written. Well, almost.. Haven't bought Great North Road yet, but I plan to correct that error. Today. :)

• Like 1

Takes time to get the custom title. It can only be done by a global moderator. Don't worry it will come. :yes:

Oh, I know. It's just that people who pledged the extra $8 after me got there's already. :p

Well, hopefully one the people who are handling the updates will be on and can get it straightened out. We have been doing a lot of posting in here so it is hard to keep track of people. Good you reminded them.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

Well, what do you guys think would be cool?

Like if we were some kind of legendary order, that has hidden many artifacts and weapons of great power?

We could also be some merry group of adventurers who fight for righteousness and justice! We hunt down any evil-doers and strike them down! heheh

The Obsidian Order could also be a group of mighty PIRATES. YAHAAAR! ^^

I could see the Order being a bunch of crazy fanatics that the PC & his/her group keep running into at odd intervals in the game - sometimes the bunch of crazies & their antics will be a pain in the arse, at other times they're merely amusing & every now & then they might just prove helpful, depending on the scenario.

KnightMare of the Obsidian Order of Eternity

Thanks, I'm glad you like them :)

I have zipped .psd templates of those avatar and signature images here. You can edit them in Photoshop, PaintShopPro or GIMP.

Gensou_Banner.jpg

I could see the Order being a bunch of crazy fanatics that the PC & his/her group keep running into at odd intervals in the game - sometimes the bunch of crazies & their antics will be a pain in the arse, at other times they're merely amusing & every now & then they might just prove helpful, depending on the scenario.

So, a bit like Team Rocket then?

Just don't try to steal my Pikachu.

I would like to see the OO as some secret society in the game (something like the Freemasons in reality) which vague motifs and perhaps different opinions between different wings but overall with secret members, hierachies and ambitions.

Maybe there could be also a great difference between how the public and especially the upper society sees the order e.g. like a bunch of anarchists and agitators who perform dark and evil rituals and how the real motifs and actions of the order looks like. Some of this motifs and actions could be revealed (partly at least) by the player in some sort of quest-cycle. And it would be a perfect fit if the player could reveal some members in dialogues and even join the OO after some initiation ritual (or quest). After his joining the player could use a sign or showing a ring which would open him special dialogue opions with npcs in the game who are also hidden members of the order. :w00t:

35167v4.jpg

The second thread already? We should rename our order to Obsidian Order of Eternal Spamming. :p

Welcome to our new members, I'm glad you joined us and helped raising the funds towards a shelter for every homeless adventurer!

Hey guys, check out this comment from Feargus (maybe it was Josh, I am not sure):

Q:

@obsidian

and how about including The Obsidian Order in a cameo appearance??

Like meeting Drizzt and Wulfgar in BG and BG2?

A:

@Manaf Absolutely, we want to do something cool in game for the Obsidian Order!

Cool huh? I totally missed this comment until Madzookeeper told me, otherwise I would have posted it earlier! :D

Great news indeed, And he wrote it twice, so I wasn't dreaming. :)

Though I do agree that we should leave it to obsidian to decide what to do, I'm certain they will like us giving our opinions on the matter.

I have also good trust in them. And I can bear a joke. :)

I wonder how much extra money the Obsidian Order has raised xD

Hopefully about 1200 $ :)

Eternity Gazette (german news about PE)

I declare I have joined this group.

Please read the first post of this thread. You must choose a title! :D

The first post wasn't entirely clear on how a title is submitted however I choose Water Whisperer

Edited by Whinis

Welcome, Whinis, Water Watcher of the Obsidian Order :)

Did Almand already showed up here? He told me he also joined the order. Also listen to his new Excitement song, with contributions of the fine Obsidian forum folks: http://forums.obsidi...n/#entry1209122

Edited by Farudan

Eternity Gazette (german news about PE)

Hey guys, check out this comment from Feargus (maybe it was Josh, I am not sure):

Q:

@obsidian

and how about including The Obsidian Order in a cameo appearance??

Like meeting Drizzt and Wulfgar in BG and BG2?

A:

@Manaf Absolutely, we want to do something cool in game for the Obsidian Order!

Cool huh? I totally missed this comment until Madzookeeper told me, otherwise I would have posted it earlier! :D

Great news indeed, And he wrote it twice, so I wasn't dreaming. :)

We'll see what we can do. :)

And Alvin confirmed it, too, so there are three confirmations in total that Obisidan will surprise the Order with something special! ;)

35167v4.jpg

@LordCrash: I'm happy with whatever they do, so long as its nothing serious. The more they take the mickey out of us & make it silly, whimsical & amusing, the better imo.

Just keeping it as an amusing thumbs up to the fans will be good enough by me.

I do have faith in OE that they will suprise us with something really great! ;)

35167v4.jpg