The official E3 2012 thread

Adter watching Star Wars 1313, Beyond Two Souls and Watch Dogs, I seriously wonder how those coding wizards still manage to cram so much detail and scope into mere 512MB RAM. Granted, two out of three were probably PC footage

Guess no PC version for Beyond Two Souls, again. Had Waited for Heavy Rain to be ported to PC in vein. :(

Watchdogs - I hate Ubisoft, but that is a really, really impressive pitch trailer. Apart from Dishonoured I haven't seen a marketing pitch this good from a game for years. Certainly nothing 'original' in terms of fears, concepts, and the real life trends they identify, but immediately feels both fresh and also like something that fits like a glove into our times.

Oh, and teh gameplay looks good too. Art/graphics has its ups and downs, but they really are making good headway on 'lively city' stuff now. Pity they still have the 'cutscene knockdown', and Follow The Quest Marker seems strong, too. Will depend on how they balance nonlinearity with scripted 'OH SNAP's.

Since I was busy yesterday (... watching the first season of Nikita... I'm halfway through and I can't decide which I like watching more, Maggie Q or Lyndsy Fonseca), did anything interesting actually happen? Infinity engine mentioned? :p

Also, EA/Bioware was a bit more "lower your shields and prepare to be assimilated". Interesting we have 2 rushed games to give the conspiracy cartoonists fodder for the other theory.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Personally, I keep an eye on this mainly because I'm wondering if I can find something interesting in the apparent merge of games and movie industry. Of course, most of them are action-packed ones with obvious Hollywood influences but there can be some exceptions. At least, it is not necessarily a bad thing if actors take video games serious enough to maximize their performances.

Since I was busy yesterday (... watching the first season of Nikita... I'm halfway through and I can't decide which I like watching more, Maggie Q or Lyndsy Fonseca), did anything interesting actually happen? Infinity engine mentioned? :p

It's mostly been Morgoth fapping over the latest newly announced interactive movies.

Also, I thought you meant La femme Nikita, googled and facepalmed.

Edited by Drudanae

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Beyond is a PS3 exclusive so their using the Cell as much as they can to kick you in the teeth. Watchdog seems like it's a wee bit to ambitious for it's own good.

1313 won't get anything from me until I see it in semi-working order. Seeing a trio of 30 second bits isn't gonna drag me in (after all, almost exactly that got us TFU)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The Infinity Engine was mentioned, wasn't it?

And Alex>Nikita.

• Like 1

The Infinity Engine was mentioned, wasn't it?

And Alex>Nikita.

I think one of the new sports sims uses an 'infinity' engine.

sonsofgygax.JPG

It's mostly been Morgoth fapping over the latest newly announced interactive movies.

Also, I thought you meant La femme Nikita, googled and facepalmed.

Considering it's the millionth spin-off, it's surprisingly good. In fact, along with Fringe, it's the only us network show I have any interest in now that Chuck's over.

But yes, that ubisoft thing looks interesting, but everything else... not much going on. I expected to be deluged by info from the mainstream press, but even that's pretty quickly seen.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Considering it's the millionth spin-off, it's surprisingly good. In fact, along with Fringe, it's the only us network show I have any interest in now that Chuck's over.

It just gets better too (and moves at an incredible pace). After season 2 it's my favourite action based series of all time.

Have lots of fun.

Edited by C2B
  • Like 1

That Watchdogs demo was pretty cool.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The Last of Us "gameplay" was kinda disappointing, because, there was hardly any gameplay there.

More gameplay than in SW1313.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

The Last of Us "gameplay" was kinda disappointing, because, there was hardly any gameplay there.

More gameplay than in SW1313.

Uhm...nope? They didn't even fully reveal SW1313 yet. That was just a tidbit what they showed (cutscene stuff).

But as for TLOU, that was all one staged cutscene, sold as "gameplay". Difference.

I'm seeing shades of the past two years of Xbox E3's....... ALL NEW HARDWARE STUFF ALL THE TIME!

That LEGO game does look like fun.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Zombiu, Rayman, and Ubisoft all <3 WiiU apparently.

And the Just Dance WiiU connection looks like you can just MURDER your friends if you have them.

Pikmin 3 and ZombieU are the only presented games I'm taking a closer look at (also a few of the shortly shown games). Other than that the 3DS confrence tomorrow seems to be more interesting. Disappointed.

Though overall it was better presented and more enjoyable than Sony and Microsoft.

Watchdogs looks like the only game that's intriguing to me. The other either don't appeal to me, or they're PS3 exclusive (which I don't own).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)