Good old Games

Gorth

I take my hat off to GoG for this sale and for the free Torchlight. 

I'm hoping to see the W2 on a daily deal for a few bucks less than it is now. I only have 9$ on my card so I'm 0.99 short :D

Your patience paid off: TW2 70% off today.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Nice, Chaos on Deponia is ~50% off, might as well nab that. Anyone played Signal Ops ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm really considering snagging Unepic, on account of my torrid love affair with Metroidvanias.  If I see it on a daily for 66% off or more I'll definitely get it.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Great sale indeed with one little problem. It's says Owned on all the games i would buy. :ninja:

Glad to see they've fixed that, for a couple days now it wasn't marking any games as owned, making it really hard to pick out stuff I want.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

You know, I already have these in hardcopy.  Wonderful thing about hardcopy is I don't need a backup per se...I already have the hardcopy...and TW2 and Torchlight don't even require the disk (got TW2 ultimate edition or whatever it is called which is the disk without any DRM apparently and TL never needed the disk).  I suppose the disks could melt someday and die that way, or some kids could get into the computer games and scratch and step on them (hopefully never will happen...but could)...but other than that...never a need to download another copy or anything to that effect.

On the otherhand, cheers to those of you getting the games cheap...that's always  a good thing.

So much on sale, so much I already own. Sam & Max, FTL and maybe the Daedilic pack look good.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I really want that Indie RPG Invasion Bundle, but the link doesn't add it to the cart. Anyone know a fix?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Tried it and it's working fine for me, both the button from the main page and from looking at the sub-page.

Pleased to see everything on best sale at the same time, wasn't looking forward to having to check daily deals every day.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Could you post a link?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The RPG Open Worlds Bundle with Avadon, all the Avernum and Geneforge games, and Eschalon Book 1 & 2 is a great deal for anyone thay likes old school turn-based isometric RPGs.

I'm thinking about scooping up Back to the Future.  While I heard it wasn't Telltale's greatest work, I love me some Back to the Future.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

That isn't working for me either...

If I click on the "buy now" button, it adds all 5 to my cart then tells me I can only gift the purchase since I own some of the games in the bundle. If I click on any other part of the banner, it links here where I can select the games to purchase.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

It says the promo has ended...

Thanks for the help though.

An alternative that's working for me is to just search for the games individually then add them to the cart manually. Tested using the search box in the top right corner. The system is smart enough to recognise when you manually assemble a bundle and apply the correct additional discount.

This also appears to be the only way to buy multiple bundles in one transaction, if I try to use the banners on the front page, adding a bundle places that bundle and that bundle only in the cart.

For what it's worth, I'm torn on whether to pick up the Daedalic bundle. I only already have Deponia 1 and wouldn't mind picking up the sequel, but none of the other titles in the bundle are really catching my eye. Aside from that decision my buys will probably just be non-bundled singletons, so no rush to do so if I don't go for any bundles today.

Edited by Humanoid
  • Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

• 2 weeks later...

The last day of the sale seems to be rather good value, to say the least.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

It's not quite as good as the second (or third, don't remember) day when they had all these discounts, plus more titles 50% off.

Though kudos to GOG for making a last sale day like this, I was kind of pondering if I should buy the Wadjet Eye selection or buy some other single title, but now after sleeping on it, I chose to grab it

Wadjet Eye's next game is Blackwell 5. I figured I would get that set in case a discount was offered there with all of them.

Plus it beats having them all in 4 different sites.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

There's an Atari sale on this weekend.

http://www.gog.com/promo/atari_weekend_promo_120713

65% off everything.

I picked up a few I didn't have. Missed out on the Roller Coaster Tycoon promo because it took my PayPal funds longer to clear than usual. I was wondering if they included both Canada Day and Independence Day in with the wait. So I picked those up anyways.

I think the first thing I'll test out is if you can have "accidents" in those ones like you could in Theme Park.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

There's an Atari sale on this weekend.

http://www.gog.com/promo/atari_weekend_promo_120713

65% off everything.

I picked up a few I didn't have. Missed out on the Roller Coaster Tycoon promo because it took my PayPal funds longer to clear than usual. I was wondering if they included both Canada Day and Independence Day in with the wait. So I picked those up anyways.

I think the first thing I'll test out is if you can have "accidents" in those ones like you could in Theme Park.

Masters of Orion for $2.00!!!!!!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm about the only person in existence who actually liked MoO3

Nope, there is whatshisname on this forum who keeps trying to convince people that MoO3 was a great game.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'm about the only person in existence who actually liked MoO3

Nope, there is whatshisname on this forum who keeps trying to convince people that MoO3 was a great game.

Freaks

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Freaks

Yeah.

Trying to figure out if enjoying MoO3 is reason enough to put someone on my ignore list. Though at least Zoraptor seems to be reasonably ashamed of his condition ;)