I wondered my Shepard didn't go for a headshot, rather than shoot him in the chest and let him bleed out that way. As for Kai Leng, I must say I felt ripped off by that fight with him in the temple and his plot induced victory.

Finished up Rannoch last night,

I must say I laughed at three renegade interrupts to shoot Legion when he's on his knees.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I wondered my Shepard didn't go for a headshot, rather than shoot him in the chest and let him bleed out that way. As for Kai Leng, I must say I felt ripped off by that fight with him in the temple and his plot induced victory.

Same as Saren in ME1 on Virmire.

And for more Casey Hudson quotes

"I didn't want the game to be forgettable, and even right down to the sort of polarizing reaction that the endings have had with people--debating what the endings mean, and what's going to happen next, and what situation are the characters left in," he said. "That to me is part of what's exciting about this story. There has always been a little bit of mystery there and a little bit of interpretation, and it's a story that people can talk about after the fact."

I don't complain that there's mystery and some question "where does the universe go from here".

I complain that the end of a freaking trilogy has no closure, and no real coherency with everything that's gone before in the trilogy.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

And for more Casey Hudson quotes

"I didn't want the game to be forgettable, and even right down to the sort of polarizing reaction that the endings have had with people--debating what the endings mean, and what's going to happen next, and what situation are the characters left in," he said. "That to me is part of what's exciting about this story. There has always been a little bit of mystery there and a little bit of interpretation, and it's a story that people can talk about after the fact."

I don't complain that there's mystery and some question "where does the universe go from here".

I complain that the end of a freaking trilogy has no closure, and no real coherency with everything that's gone before in the trilogy.

"I didn't want the game to be forgettable, so I decided to copy Deus Ex: Human Revolutions' endings." I think they've become too convinced of their own excellence in Edmonton.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

6nsCM.jpg

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

So I guess we get the conclusion as DLC sometime in the future then, heh. Could see that attitude in their handling of somethings in TOR, as well, criticism is all haters, etc.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The likes of BC3kAD and Daikatana are also unforgettable, as punchlines. ME3 will probably take up KoTOR2's mantle in terms of punchlines for the next few years.

But eh, any jabs at it now just get lost in the tsunami, what am I going to do in my spare time now? Will pick it up in due time as I've gone ahead and totally spoiled myself of the start/early parts and there are no particular turn-offs there - unlike DA:O which I wish I didn't buy blind (or at all) because the establishing plot totally killed any drive to follow the narrative to any sort of conclusion. I can forgive a bad ending far easier than that.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

So I guess we get the conclusion as DLC sometime in the future then, heh. Could see that attitude in their handling of somethings in TOR, as well, criticism is all haters, etc.

Frankly, that's the better scenario. The other one is them adopting the "toggle" attitude. (ie. "we know better").

I think the major problem here is that people have been crying wolf since the EA acquisition. They still probably haven't realised how bad they ****ed up this time, just because a bunch of inane whining has greeted every release so far.

You know.. this could really reinforce my random thought that the whole thing is a dream. Shepard actually died on Eden Prime after getting hit by the Prothean Beacon, and the last three games have just been his neurons firing randomly as he dies...

You know.. this could really reinforce my random thought that the whole thing is a dream. Shepard actually died on Eden Prime after getting hit by the Prothean Beacon, and the last three games have just been his neurons firing randomly as he dies...

Or on the operating table in ME2...

It's no worse than some of the other theories.

As much as I like to take pot shots at EA, yeah, it's silly to blame them for writing or sundry other creative issues. (Couldn't blame them when a programmer accidentally deleted the only complete copy of the entire source code of Strike Commander a few months into development when attempting to do a compile test....)

But yeah, I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it - as a conclusion to a first series obstensibly written to set up an ongoing game world ends up removing one of the seemingly fundamental premises of that world. It's like if the first published Dungeons and Dragons adventure involved extermination of all dragons forever. And there's not a whole lot of space in which to create prequels from the human perspective given that it was established there was only one real conflict that occurred between first contact and the events of the first game.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Frankly, that's the better scenario. The other one is them adopting the "toggle" attitude. (ie. "we know better").

I think the major problem here is that people have been crying wolf since the EA acquisition. They still probably haven't realised how bad they ****ed up this time, just because a bunch of inane whining has greeted every release so far.

At this point, probably would be the best, even with the flak they'll rightly catch for that. As for Bioware being unable to see their error and this is the fan's fault. Ehh, they're smart and sane people right ?

Wonder if that indoctrination attempt theory is true.

Edited by Malcador

Even more reason to hate them

As for Bioware being unable to see their error and this is the fan's fault. Ehh, they're smart and sane people right ?

Not saying it's the fans' fault, am saying that the combination of negative feedback and commercial success might have dulled their senses. Certainly their early response (and that of several major gaming news outlet) shows a serious disconnect.

Not saying it's the fans' fault, am saying that the combination of negative feedback and commercial success might have dulled their senses. Certainly their early response (and that of several major gaming news outlet) shows a serious disconnect.

Whilst I'm aware that there has been some.. really rabid antisocial rants about the endings, I do find it a wee bit troubling that the majority of the people responding in positive statements about the ME3 endings are basically saying that ALL negative comments are "whiny, rabid fanboi's" who "haven't got a happy ending where their Shep walked off with the Alien Love Chick of their choice". Or resorting to the "It's a relevant ending, it's intellectual and MYSTERIOUS. It's not meant to be understood. I get what it meant and like it."

It seems that no-ones willing to admit even the possibility that there might be a relevant issue here.

• Like 1

That just pushes my buttons. Sometimes I forget I even have buttons.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

You only need one, no ?

That just pushes my buttons. Sometimes I forget I even have buttons.

This approach works if the ending is good. If it's bloody awful it just makes it worse. Like they had no idea what to do so why not leave it up to everyone's own imagination.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I don't wish to make potentially unfair claims about Mr. Hudson. But that doesn't mean I'm not thinking them.

There is a decent discussion to be had about where the lines are separating detachment, where one does not really understanding the situation, dishonesty, where one is afraid to face the truth, let alone admit it to others, and sheer bloody salesmanship, where one knows what's going on, but twists it around and smiles at you the entire time. One of those is the reason I can not to go the mall.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."