The funny things thread

Gorth

Apparently, they were designed as part of an outdoor advertisement which won the Grand Prix award at the Cannes Lions 2004 Award for Outdoor and Print.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Now we need Max Payne reading it

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

He and Gilbert Godfried should team up for an audio-book. Jon for Mr. Grey's lines and Gilbert for the main female lead (whatever her name is).

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

3vPcP.gif

Gravity 1:0 Cats

I'm gonna call gravity two. Used to have a shelf about 7 feet up in my old house by a window, cats would go up there and sun themselves. One day I come over because of a racket to see that one of the cats has accidently rolled one to many times and is now clinging to the carpeting up there (that's not stapled down) trying not to fall. He ended up being caught by a family member.

Nothing, and I mean nothing is funnier than plastic American-Celts who are always woadier-than-thou.

FREEEEDDDDOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!

and don't get me started on 'Irish-Americans' singing Danny Boy and funding terrorism.

I just laughed at a classmate in Cali who would basically go "Have I mentioned I'm irish?" every time they did something. Technically I might have been more Irish than her (my dad's, mother's mother was of the MacAnany family or something with a complete geneology leading to an Irish King of all things). Although I'm more tempted to follow the "I'm Spanish>English>American!" line given family history and my name matching to a british town (with an Ellis Island style edit)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swanwick,_Derbyshire

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It's a shame that list doesn't include murder of dissidents, suppression of free press, electoral corruption, state corruption, overseas assassination programs, alcoholism death rates, institutionalised kleptomania and uber-camp, posing bare-chested politicians.

Because Mother Russia would score reasonably well.

sonsofgygax.JPG

It's a shame that list doesn't include murder of dissidents, suppression of free press, electoral corruption, state corruption, overseas assassination programs, alcoholism death rates, institutionalised kleptomania and uber-camp, posing bare-chested politicians.

...and you also forgot Police brutality, Waffen SS style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqzoKY1CyAg

Edited by Morgoth

Hardly Waffen SS style - most of them are still breathing. I doubt the US would have the most brutal police force in the world, anyway.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Dissing the US helps prevent cancer and heart disease in 32% of practitioners.

Yes, but there are plenty of legitimate gripes to complain about when it comes to the US. Making up a bunch of fake statistics is pretty sad.

Hah, nice.

Newspapers get all their photos from online auction services, there aren't many staff photographers left and everybody's got a camera phone. It makes sense that the uploaders migth photoshop something up to make it more marketable. Doesn't necessarily have any bearing on the professionalism of the journalist.

There is software available that can detect a certain level of pixel manipulation though. I guess they didn't bother.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.