RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

It might not end up a bad game, although if the story and gameplay end up being like WoW and they don't try to take the MMO further than that - then I don't see the point of it.

It also might be a bit too much to expect another Starcraft game with two coming up already. Yet they haven't had a new IP for so long you kinda stop expecting them to do anything but milk their existing ones.

Oh yeah these are the people that take at least half a decade to make a game, why are we discussing this again? We might not even be playing it in this incarnation

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Starcraft MMO?

Levelling as a Zerg would be interesting. 3 factions would be better than 2 for PvP, though.

Also, in game ads from solid evidence

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Starcraft MMO?

No. Blizzard confirmed that Titan is an entirely new IP.

Interesting, and is Titan an MMO?

I can see them going the scifi route, even if it isn't the Starcraft universe.

Maybe a Steampunk IP. WoW already has some characteristics of that with all the goblin stuff.

I just wonder how far out it is. They take forever on this stuff, but they are also super secretive about development. So it could be far along already. I would think releasing it somewhere around the 10 year mark for WoW would be a good idea.

Starcraft MMO?

No. Blizzard confirmed that Titan is an entirely new IP.

Interesting, and is Titan an MMO?

I can see them going the scifi route, even if it isn't the Starcraft universe.

Maybe a Steampunk IP. WoW already has some characteristics of that with all the goblin stuff.

I just wonder how far out it is. They take forever on this stuff, but they are also super secretive about development. So it could be far along already. I would think releasing it somewhere around the 10 year mark for WoW would be a good idea.

Titan is the codename of the new MMO. Don't expect it to be released prior 2014 or 2015.

Allegedly, it's gonna be set in the not-too-distant-future, due to some clues that Blizzard is hiring an ingame-advertisement manager, where they can add Coca Cola ads and stuff. Wouldn't fit right into a fantasy game.

Plus it might be maybe F2P.

if Titan were a cyberpunk game that didn't require a monthly fee i would certainly give it a go

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Titan is gonna make SWTOR obsolete.

You heard it here first.

I will remember that in 3-4 years when this baby hits the early alpha stags of testing!

Seriously though, that would be ideal for me. I'm pretty sure I will get about two years out of TOR before I need something new, so hopefully I'll have a new major MMO to drool over by then.

if Titan were a cyberpunk game that didn't require a monthly fee i would certainly give it a go

I'd give my left nut for anything AAA cyberpunk. Nothing shiny, mainstream and hi tech like DX HR, but real dirty cyberpunk a la Blade Runner.

But basically I'd do the same for any futuristic game that doesn't include jedi, space marines and clean design in it.

I doubt we'd get dirty cyberpunk from Blizzard, they have a core audience to reach and they like gnomes with pink hair.

You know there is that statement from whats his name that the game will be casual in nature, so there is the distinct possibility that it'll be something much simpler than an RPG and much less wide in scope than their current IP's.

maybe its going to be a competitive type game? something like these dota whatever games i keep hearing about?

competing teams of cyberpunk operatives with premier design and the built in competitive blizzard fanbase from starcraft and dota stuff could be a HUGE hit for them

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

With the new trailer for Resident Evil 6 out, I couldn't help but think they're turning it into a straight out 3rd person shooter. It seems even more action oriented than RE4 and RE5 were.

Also, 3 protagonists this time? I wonder how that's going to work, whether the game switches from one to the next after each "chapter" is completed, or if they're almost like separate "games" like with Chris/Jill in RE1 or Leon/Claire in RE2.

I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't seem Jill Valentine is going to be in the game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

concerning the Halo connection, I can't give you a link since the video was deleted, but the guys speculating had had a couple of connections, not just the two codenames. one being Blizzard advertising Halo at some point

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

that's exactly why I'm mentioning it. they had payed for Halo ads, they hired Halo MMO's lead designer who is now LD on Titan. and Activision published Bungie's games IIRC

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

that's exactly why I'm mentioning it. they had payed for Halo ads, they hired Halo MMO's lead designer who is now LD on Titan. and Activision published Bungie's games IIRC

So, some Ensemble guy is now the lead designer of Titan? Okay, that's possible. But Activision didn't publish any Bungie game. They do however publish their next games(s).

I still don't see how Blizzard would evenbe allowed to pay ads for a property they don't own.

they hired Halo MMO's lead designer who is now LD on Titan.
Ghostcrawler?

Ehh. I doubted SWTOR. And however much I feel this idea is baseless, I've been wrong before.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Rosberg, stop deleting/altering my posts, man.

I though this was a free country.

Nah man, this is the Anschluss. But tone down the flaming and sarcasm and you won't hear a pip from me.

That would be interesting.. Where is Funcroc when you need him - I'm sure he has some dirt on this Titan.

Fortune favors the bald.

hearing about 600 people working on resident evil 6 makes me very very worried. final fantasy 13 had huge numbers like that and was a complete mess, the whole project looked without direction, hopefully capcom avoids that pitfall here

edit: and holy crap that article about the XCOM combat gets me excited. I don't care how close it mirrors the original, i want to play that game! it looks like frozen synapse with moar graphicz!

Edited by entrerix