RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

On Games, Reviews, And Criticism -- Part 1 - Giantbomb

Thoughtful discussion between a Giantbomb writer and a Bioware designer on the roles of and distinction between reviews and criticism. Looking forward to part 2.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Oh the whole story is a lot more interesting, think of that as the closing chapter of that studio.

Its also all true, Semi is a good friend of mine.

http://jheriko-rtw.blogspot.com/

Also the picture of the trooper, that isn't Semi.

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Heh, "11 hours rest in any given 24 hour period"... which part of the world was that again? (not in the world of Software making for sure) :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Don't have a link to the actual story of where Korea approved it, but apparantly Korea finally approved Diablo 3

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/...and-update-soon

Jay Wilson hit Twitter this evening and he seems pleased that the Korean Game Rating Board finally came to their senses and appoved a rating today. He also reiterated that updates are coming on exactly what they are a currently working on.

Blizzard Quote:

Got our ratings from Korea! No, this doesn

Lots of new XCOM: EU infos and screenshots found in this thread

This game makes me very exciting, even though I never played a XCOM game before.

But Firaxis knows what it's doing, plus this:

1aWf2.jpg

BRAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNSSSS!!!!!!

I like it.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

StreetHurricane_05_1280watermark.jpg

Very nice. I assume the other sucky screen I posted earlier must be from an earlier stage of development, or just made in a very bad angle.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Right now we've only seen screenshots from the console version, the PC version is gonna have a custom UI.

If this game is gonna be a success, there might be a more widespread renaissance of TB tactical games in the future. Who else than Firaxis to make the first step? How often do we see a Tripple A TB game with full publisher support in these days and age?

Right now we've only seen screenshots from the console version, the PC version is gonna have a custom UI.

If this game is gonna be a success, there might be a more widespread renaissance of TB tactical games in the future. Who else than Firaxis to make the first step? How often do we see a Tripple A TB game with full publisher support in these days and age?

You just made me tear up a little. :lol:

That would be magnificent.

I remember Incubation :lol: sadly, my copy was lost many years ago

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Btw anybody knows the old Blue Byte game Incubation? The game clearly kicked my ass back then but I certainly would like to try again. Well they don't have it on GoG unfortunately...

???

they do have it with expansion pack

Incubation on GoG

Yikes, thanks! I just used the search field and it didn't pop up. Silly me.

No problem :lol: I also love this game, it was so much fun in hot seat.

I love Incubation. Played it a lot and finished it quite often. Just not the wilderness missions. It was just too hard for me at some point.

I'd love to have a remake of Incubation. The same game with just more pretty graphics and some editing tools. Yeah.

Blue Byte should do that instead of more Settler games. Never liked Settlers. :>

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Blue Byte should do that instead of more Settler games. Never liked Settlers. :>

Are there even the same people working at Blue Byte nowadays? I know they also got credited along with Related Design for Anno 2070 (great game), but I agree, never liked the Settler series, except Settler 3.

Either way, if XCOM: EU is a success, let's hope Ubi does the right thing.

Let's be optimistic! Yeah...