What are you playing now?

rage was the worst game i played all year. i ranked it #16 out of the 16 games i played that were released in 2011.

i'm currently playing binding of isaac, getting over the difficulty, having fun with the attempts. i've done 8 playthroughs, so far have only gotten to the last level once. died in the second room... still haven't seen the last boss.

i think tomorrow i'm going to start LA Noire, and will try and finish it over the next week, anyone know about how long it is?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i think tomorrow i'm going to start LA Noire, and will try and finish it over the next week, anyone know about how long it is?

Depends how thorough you are. It didn't take me too long, as I recall, but I also didn't finish all the little side missions and whatnot. It's a LOT shorter than GTA, for instance, if that's what you're expecting.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

This doesn't strictly belong here but what do people make of Kingdoms of Amalur? EA's publicity machine is really picking up pace.

Giant Bomb have an interview with ex-Bethesda bigwig Ken Rolston and the first 30 minutes are viewable here, courtesy of OXM.

Pedigree be damned, I cannot see this game being any good. Prove me wrong, Rolston! Prove me wrong.

Everything I've heard about it thus far has sounded like a typical B-grade mediocre ARPG, but the combat looks potentially fun and fresh. If they get it right.

I'm optimistic about Amalur. Incredibly glad they're having that demo. My optimism means I'd probably end up getting it. At least a demo can let me re-evaluate that initial position.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Catwoman absolutely sucks to use. It takes like one hit (exaggerating, but only slightly) for her to die. So on the final Catwoman mission, I can't last long at all because Two-Face's thugs all have guns. And I'm only playing on Normal!

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Catwoman absolutely sucks to use. It takes like one hit (exaggerating, but only slightly) for her to die. So on the final Catwoman mission, I can't last long at all because Two-Face's thugs all have guns. And I'm only playing on Normal!

Get all suit upgrades.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Get all suit upgrades.

Her suit is upgraded all the way for ballistics, which should be the only thing that affects me when they're shooting at me. And still she can't seem to take more than a couple of shots before she's in the red.

Giving TOR a break to putter around in EVE, got a T3 Cruiser, so have to see how it handles L4s compared to my BS, course knowing my luck I'm going to get ganked an 500MM ISK goes to waste :(

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This doesn't strictly belong here but what do people make of Kingdoms of Amalur? EA's publicity machine is really picking up pace.

Giant Bomb have an interview with ex-Bethesda bigwig Ken Rolston and the first 30 minutes are viewable here, courtesy of OXM.

Pedigree be damned, I cannot see this game being any good. Prove me wrong, Rolston! Prove me wrong.

It's got enough reasons to warrant a purchase for me (with Todd McFarlene and R.A. Salvatore involved). I'm not that jaded that I can't appreciate their work. My only concern how cohesive these talents are in the final product. Not too keen on the Oblivion manager, but yeah, I'll buy it.

Her suit is upgraded all the way for ballistics, which should be the only thing that affects me when they're shooting at me. And still she can't seem to take more than a couple of shots before she's in the red.

Don't get shot.

To win that part, all you have to do is take out Two Face. I knocked out two of his patrolling goons and when no one was around him, I swooped down and smacked him around. He dropped before anyone could get close enough to shoot me.

Todd McFarline might have done the concept art, but it looks more like Fable than Spawn. If RA Salvadore wrote the setting, it will be generic fantasy land.

That said, it's supposed to be a fairly large world that you get to explore with lots of skills like the Elder Scrolls, so I'll be picking it up.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

To the Moon

THERE IS NOTHING MANLY ABOUT THESE TEARS, HOW DO I MAKE THEM STOP

So, it's a visual novel. Very moving. I'm not actually yelling, by the way. That would require being able to breathe.

It's got enough reasons to warrant a purchase for me (with Todd McFarlene and R.A. Salvatore involved). I'm not that jaded that I can't appreciate their work. My only concern how cohesive these talents are in the final product. Not too keen on the Oblivion manager, but yeah, I'll buy it.

Not enough to get me to play. Not even interested in the game. The press is working though, I'm going to play the Demo simply for the ME3 extras.

Todd McFarline might have done the concept art, but it looks more like Fable than Spawn. If RA Salvadore wrote the setting, it will be generic fantasy land.

Hmm - have I been the victim of some fancy advertising? I thought those weapons looked like air filled plastic, not exactly what medieval Spawn would be carrying around (don't know if Todd Mc Farlane did the art for that, just a comparison). I wonder if R.a Salvatore wrote the lore for the world, or the actual lines appearing in each - e.g. - quest?. I pretty curious about that now.

Yeah, Salvatore doing the writing = I have zero hopes for writing. It's hard enough for a non-gaming writer to get into writing for a game.

And oh wow, that video shows the game looks worse than it's ever looked. It's like the kiddy cartoony of Guild Wars, but without the art direction of Guild Wars (which was sometimes awful but sometimes impressive). And those faces, it's like the latest Pixar-Disney!

Once again, the combat might be fun/different enough to justify playing this for any length of time, but...

Combat looks good from the things I've seen. For one, they've got a combo system. That's not something I'm used to in RPGs. There's lots of ways combo systems can go wrong, so it's not a sure thing, but I'm glad someone's put one there.

Actually I think RA Salvatore might be a good fit for video game writing. He has simple and clean dialogue in his books, and he creates memorable characters. Not every author needs to write like Tolkien.

That said, I agree it will still be generic fantasy, and the screenshots seem to support that.

edit: Just read the world building thing Oner said. Ah well, forget the dialogue then.

Edited by Hurlshot

I have to say, I really like the initial plot. Your fate is written until you die. Some mage or whoever resurrects you, so there is a person unbound by fate.

On the other hand, I doubt they delve into the idea that the mage succeeding in his experiment and creating a free person is the result of fate or not.