KOTOR 3 development stalled

I wouldn't have high expectations if it were made in-house at (no offense to) LA. It doesn't seem like the sort of game they were ever prone to put out and be good at making, especially considering the focus on story and character in the series so far. They started the trend with two out of house developers.

Does this mean there will be no third in the series? I think the series is pretty much beaten to the ground, really, unless they wanted to take it another hundred years in the future. I can't see the story of Revan continuing momentum much more, though I guess we'll see once we've played the first sequel (ha).

I don't see a need for it.  Sure make the graphics look better and a few other tweaks but overall the game is pretty good as it is.

By the time they get round to releasing it though, we'll probably be looking at the next home console generation and more widespread penetration of what are now enthusiast graphics cards.

The current engine may do the job for now, but against the wave of the future, it would look a little backward.

They might be able to take the story of revan and work it in to a third one. Prehaps if you go light in the first to games, then after taking out the sith lords in this game then the republic/jedi order sees to try and rebuild itself using his image or something, and thus you may explore the life or revan or something. Ehh, maybe they can't make a third game with revan and rather another hundred years like you say. Because they do have a good four thousand years between this and movies. Which could have some potental for a new game. Or maybe the new republic but how would I know.

Evolutionary Development

Starting with KotOR(1) as the first in the first place and then KotOR II as the 2nd installment seems like a bit unorthodox approach for LucasArts anyway. Would have thought they would have made KotOR IV as the first then, V & VI as the next...and then after a 20 year break, continue with the I, II and III. :wacko:

(Signatures: disabled) 

Man, the second game hasn't even been released yet and they were already working on a third?  How stupid is that?  They don't even know for sure that KotOR2 will sale good enough to warrant another sequel.

I think there are times when success of a sequel, at least in terms of cold, hard cash, can be assumed. :wacko:

The sequel to KOTOR is only slightly less likely to fail than Half-Life 2, Doom 3, or any other continuation of a game that sold a gazillion copies and was fawned over and worshipped by game reviewers everywhere.

That being said, if KOTOR3 is developed internally by Lucasarts, someone is going to be coughing up a lung soon.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I think the third, being based more on the second than the first if based on any of the others (more than likely), would be very much it's own game compared to the sequel they're currently working on.

I would definitely prefer they did some sort of IP, though. The main reason I'm looking forward to this game is it's potential as an RPG, not because it's Star Wars.

Doubt it.  I think the majority of the staff will be shifting to the NWN2 project.

FU: Obsidian will get to about 42 or 43 people once NWN2 is fully staffed. However, not everyone will be working on NWN2. The core team from KOTOR2 will be moving on to another project. I am still working on figuring out what that is going to be...

In the gamespot interview with Feargus(as above), the core Kotor team is going on to a new project. And the rest is going to be NWN 2 I think. So that team could go to work on Kotor 3 and they could start hiring again. Maybe not, well have to wait and see.

Evolutionary Development

" claim the series as their own. "

No. Obsidian could make the next five KOTORs, and thes eries would still have been BIO's. Afterall, it was BIo 9and LA) who made KOTOR a big head. Without a successful first game there'd be ZERO sequels.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.