What you did today

Tale

So I've fallen head over heels in love with a girl, and I think she has fallen head over heels in love with me. This has never happened before. It feels so perfect.

I had that happen once. It was great, right up until the point it all went horribly, horribly wrong. And now I am emotionally scarred and my soul will be bleeding for the rest of my life... ;)

Saviour the moments you have together, build good memories, and may it actually last and grow.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

So I've fallen head over heels in love with a girl, and I think she has fallen head over heels in love with me. This has never happened before. It feels so perfect.

If it feels perfect, well, it's not real. If you do couple up, well enjoy the benefits of it, or something.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Congrats Krez.

Woke to the sound of a loud crash at 3 AM. Coyotes had knocked over the gril.... again. Actually I had not heard or seen hide nor hair of them since the flood. As aggravating as they are, I was sort of glad to see they are ok. There were four of them on my porch.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I had that happen once. It was great, right up until the point it all went horribly, horribly wrong. And now I am emotionally scarred and my soul will be bleeding for the rest of my life... ;)

*high5*

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Don't let these negative nellies spoil your fun Krezack. I'm madly in love with my wife and it gets better with each passing year. Enjoy every moment!

Driving from Oregon to California was king of eye opening. I'm a big fan of California, I've lived there my whole life. It's a great state. But Oregon was extremely nice. The roads alone were incredibly different. Oregon had these great highways, clearly maintained regularly. We encountered road crews a few times and they were busy. We even had a conversation with a stop sign lady and she was having a blast. Once I hit California it was like I entered a different country. Roads were worn out, the ones being worked on were a mess and spread our for miles. Nobody seemed to be working and the crews were smaller.

I'm not planning on moving, I've got job security and family, but I can see the appeal.

Don't let these negative nellies spoil your fun Krezack. I'm madly in love with my wife and it gets better with each passing year. Enjoy every moment!

Driving from Oregon to California was king of eye opening. I'm a big fan of California, I've lived there my whole life. It's a great state. But Oregon was extremely nice. The roads alone were incredibly different. Oregon had these great highways, clearly maintained regularly. We encountered road crews a few times and they were busy. We even had a conversation with a stop sign lady and she was having a blast. Once I hit California it was like I entered a different country. Roads were worn out, the ones being worked on were a mess and spread our for miles. Nobody seemed to be working and the crews were smaller.

I'm not planning on moving, I've got job security and family, but I can see the appeal.

California's spending priorities are all backasswards. The roads and bridges are crumbling but hey if you are a state employee and want a boob job or a sex change, your fellow Californians will pay for it.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The fact that it worked out for you and didn't work out for us doesn't make us negative, it makes you lucky.

I mean, I know I'll never be able to let fully go again, because the last time I did, I wound up in a bathtub with a knife. 'cept then I decided that I wanted to be a doctor on my headstone, and eventually found a reason to live, even if it was a small and petty one. :)

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Nevermind.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

20060424.jpg

Tried that once, he sort of did see the point but didn't work on ceasing his moping.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You mistake me Hurlshot, I'm not being negative there.

It's always nice to see a relationship that's really, deeply in love grow strong.

As opposed to just a "nice, friends with attraction and feel compatible and with a dose of lust" that so many seem to go with.

But part of that is when it can go wrong, it's a fair piece of hell to recover from.

Even with the way it can still hurt even now, if I got the freaky, sci-fi chance to go back and stop it from happening I wouldn't. The good times, and the feelings together were bloody good and worth the pain afterwards.

It's just.. really, really not fun having it linger on years after and occasionally slice into the consciousness when something causes it to flare up.

That and the emotional scarring makes it really hard to move on with new people and let the same thing (potentially) happen again.

I'm a cynic. I'm a romantic. I'm a tad jaded. And I'm just a touch soul-burnt over it all.

But I'd still rather have people I know enjoy the fruits of honest love if they meet the person that actually kindles it.

Hm, can you really be a cynic and a romantic at the same time ?

Hm, can you really be a cynic and a romantic at the same time ?

Certainly. The romantic in me leans into the sweet gestures of life.. The cynic in me contemplates on the manipulations behind them.. Depending on the mood, one can rate higher then the other.

Besides, it's almost impossible to be a cynic if you didn't have some streak of romanticism to start with... One that usually ends up crushed before the cynicism really flows.. :)

You guys are a depressing bunch, except for Hurlshot.

Hey, hope is but the first step on the road to disappointment :lol:

Don't listen to these goons. You're a man. So if for some reason it doesn't work out you can always man the f*** up and get over the disappointment. :)

*ducks hurled objects*

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ah you weren't there long enough to experience the general xenophobia. I'm not sure Oregonian's like anyone.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Had a rough night with little sleep, and then woke up with the joys of a headache stabbing and grinding away...

Although at least there's no stress of the dogs this week, they're off with my sister so a certain sense of peace.

But then going to have to keep an eye on mom, she's got a brief hospital visit and surgery this week. Some bones removed from her hand, hopefully reduce at least some part of her pain levels and maybe provide a bit more mobility again for her... Although it's going to be in a cast for 6 weeks or so after...

Listened to the soundtracks from the Crusader games at work. Yes, that is all I've done today. ;)

I love the Red Sox 10th inning walk-off win against the Yankees last night (great game, great low-scoring contest), but it would definitely be nice if these two teams could manage to finish a game by 3 hours like most others. 4.5 hour games, sheesh.

Currently paying bills & wondering if I can spare the funds for a shiny new camera lens.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Stretching my mind out by trying to develop a system model of riots.

And just went to get some snackables for lunch, opened up a jar of pickled onions to go with the cheese and biscuits.. and found that the jar had fermented. That is the first time I've ever seen that happen.

Despite not having heard the song in years can't get "Blue Suede Shoes" out of my head. Odd, but another day of working while listening to riot coverage as dull as it is.

Take a system model for Zombies, infact something Dead Rising did well - one lead zombie, and a bunch of followers. Break 'em into small groups.

The only difference is their motivations, speed, strength etc... etc...

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Take a system model for Zombies, infact something Dead Rising did well - one lead zombie, and a bunch of followers. Break 'em into small groups.

The only difference is their motivations, speed, strength etc... etc...

Further proof that the London riots is indeed a zombie outbreak. Hmm better start packing my survival gear.

Also I did absolutely nothing today, as evident.

Fortune favors the bald.