Random video game news.

Rosbjerg

Do NOT buy Red Alert 3 :p Well unless they include Gemma Atkinson , game was just poor.

Well since EA sticks to its stupid policies come hell or high water I'm not likely to anyway. I think they did a decent job on the graphics but I can't speak for anything else.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

chances of an EA system shock 3 being good?

depends how well deus ex HR does. between bioshock being a smash hit, and if Deus Ex HR sells well, maybe EA will greenlight a system shock 3 that tries to reclaim some of what made part 2 so good.

eh, who am i kidding, it will probably end up a facebook game.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Kinda pointless for a game that you finish in 6 hours and then forget about the next day.

I don't. And i need 9 hours afterall i'm collecting all the treasures and acquiring trophies, then another 6 for Hard and another 9 for Crushing. Plus 4 weeks of time of mp. Now you are a different story.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Better known as the obsessive-compulsive disorder.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Kinda pointless for a game that you finish in 6 hours and then forget about the next day.

I don't. And i need 9 hours afterall i'm collecting all the treasures and acquiring trophies, then another 6 for Hard and another 9 for Crushing. Plus 4 weeks of time of mp. Now you are a different story.

i liked uncharted 1 and 2. but they are definitely games i played once through and thought "wow that was cool!". then put on the shelf and never touched again. i'll probably replay part 2 in a year or two, but the games are more about wow and story than gameplay imo.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i think i agree with all that except maybe ME1, i think i got 3 plays out of that game all within about 3 years.

oh wait, that is still agreeing with you.

the only games i've played lately that i IMMEDIATELY replayed were... hmmm, starcraft 2, fallout new vegas (about 10x in a row...), dragon age, ME2, and bioshock... eh that might be it. i usually try and wait at least a year before replaying something.

i have a feeling im going to play Deus Ex HR multiple times right away though. been waiting a long time for this one.

edit: thought of one more: batman arkham asylum

Edited by entrerix

EA gonna rape...I mean revive some old classic franchises

Can't wait for that innovative multi-player-only System Shock developed by Bioware Studio #34.

Well Chris Roberts is apparently keen to come back to gaming so I'm willing to put my cynicism aside for a short while.

NEW

WING

COMMANDER

BY CHRIS ROBERTS

I think, I just creamed my underpants

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

With the release of TOR coming in a few months, whats the general tone of the speculation/leaks:

will it bomb?

Bomb as in not keep subscribers, I think we can all agree that it will sell well at first.

i bet TOR will be ok for about a year, then slowly die, then they will move it to free to play, where it will slowly chug along for 10 years, eventually kinda sorta recouping the cost of the whole endeavor.

I somehow don't think EA suits would be pleased with that outcome considering how they tend to kill off servers and multiplayer support on games that don't meet their expectations.

With the release of TOR coming in a few months, whats the general tone of the speculation/leaks:

will it bomb?

Bomb as in not keep subscribers, I think we can all agree that it will sell well at first.

I'd really like to know the reasoning behind expecting it to bomb.

The universe and the developer has a massive fan base and the production values look excellent.

I get that the 'personal storyline' angle won't keep players forever but general level of polish seems to be similar to WoW and just like Blizzard Bioware is leaving plenty room for expansions.

The only way I could see people leaving early is when they find out that being Jedi/Sith in an MMO is not an instant OWN button.

But any such gamers were unlikely to stick with a multiplayer game anyway.

I am looking forward to TOR; the story, companions, lore, and classes look interesting. But the gameplay itself so far has been very unimpressive, it just looks bad from the animations to the skills themselves. Unless that surprises me I don't expect to play it.

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

The key has always been post-release support. If they add content and fix whatever problem will pop up in a timely manner, it will be fine.

Well, that and a decent end-game.

Well, this is MMO's you're talking about... if it wasn't supported after there'd be no reason for the monthly fee

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I really need to see how the open beta goes to be sure, but I think TOR will be fine. The key is if it is ready. If they rush it, that's a death sentence.
Good luck with that, there is no open beta, and they've stated as much. All they've announced is they're holding beta weekends in september where high number of people will be INVITED to join.

The lack of an open beta suggests they might be rushing... or very confident

Or trying to limit player exposure to the game to forestall any negative impressions before the game gets released.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

PCGames.de previews Aliens: Colonial Marines (German)

...and they're left uminpressed. Seems like Gearbox is gonna deliver just another mediocre and uninspired shooter (not that they ever got out of that hole before). But let's wait and see for the final release.

I'm actually much more looking forward to the ALIEN game from Creative Assembly, mainly because they ramp up a fresh team, plus they're using the Alien setting, not the totally overused and overrated Aliens.

Or trying to limit player exposure to the game to forestall any negative impressions before the game gets released.

I dunno, I think they're intentionally trying out different ways of testing loads etc. instead of just doing what everybody else is doing. Suspect they also expect that the servers would get absolutely hammered in an open beta, which is why they're also having the "soft" open for people who've preordered. All about not getting everybody on at the same time.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I dunno, I think they're intentionally trying out different ways of testing loads etc. instead of just doing what everybody else is doing. Suspect they also expect that the servers would get absolutely hammered in an open beta, which is why they're also having the "soft" open for people who've preordered. All about not getting everybody on at the same time.

Hardly.

They are just following WoW model - Blizzard didn't throw an open beta either.

When you generate that much hype it's actually counter-productive to allow gamers to extensively test the game.

So far all Bioware dose differently is renaming stress tests (beta weekends? seriously?) and allowing early start for pre-orders - all perfectly standard in modern MMO launches.

Hardly.

They are just following WoW model - Blizzard didn't throw an open beta either.

When you generate that much hype it's actually counter-productive to allow gamers to extensively test the game.

So far all Bioware dose differently is renaming stress tests (beta weekends? seriously?) and allowing early start for pre-orders - all perfectly standard in modern MMO launches.

Ok, so you start "hardly" and then everything you say agrees with me? :) Blizzard still doesn't equal everybody else, or did Bobby Kotick take over the world while I was asleep? ;)

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Ok, so you start "hardly" and then everything you say agrees with me? :)

Well no - I think anyone would do the same with the project of this size, there is simply way too much at stake to take chances with it.

So I wouldn't call it trying new things or preparing the launch differently from other companies, those things have all been done before.

The only interesting questions regarding TOR is it's longevity and eventual Blizzard reaction if the exodus from WoW dose take place.

It's not like Blizzard position is set in stone and failing to adapt to console gaming may yet cost them dearly.