Random video game news.

Rosbjerg

The new Warhammer MMO is F2P.

So it's Warhammer again. Apparently everyone thinks I ask rhetorical questions. I was wondering if it was an original IP. Or, alternatively, what IP the new MMO was going to be. Didn't think they'd do a second Warhammer so soon.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Another Warhammer MMO. Christ, GW never lets up. If Relic announces Dawn of War 3 (apart from the Space marine demo they've just announced) as well it'll be time to shoot somebody.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Weren't they also working on a Roman Imperium MMO?

Who? And what the hell is Roman Imperium?

are there plans to release Bodycount on PC? I mean, will there be a demo?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

a warhammer mmo? can you actually play any character class from the tabletop game? like if i wanted to play a lizardman would i pick a skink blowdarter or a kroxigor? how would they balance that?

i guess its more likely they would just give you the main/most iconic troop from each race? sounds boring.

im sick of every games workshop game failing to capitalize on the awesome range of their universes. even dawn of war, which i liked, didn't let you choose any army you wanted, and the few armies they DID have only had half of the actual troop options that the army has in the tabletop game.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

On that topic, I found the collectors edition of WH Online for 15 euros. The price on that game has dropped like a rock, I've never seen a collectors edition so cheap. And its in this huge fancy box and everything...

Tempting.

Yes, I'm a big box with goodies whore.

Sorry, but Portal 2 crates crawl around on their own and this Bodycount thing has been way overhyped for me to bother with.

o:) Give the demo a shot.

I genuinely wanna know what people think, as for over hyped, I mean WTF? Really?

It's weird, I keep hearing about it all the time and I don't even know what it's about. Almost like there was an invisible force following me around and whispering "bodycount" into my ear every now and then...

Sorry, but Portal 2 crates crawl around on their own and this Bodycount thing has been way overhyped for me to bother with.

Jeez why are you pissing on the man's parade (that includes Morgy too)?

Regardless of how good or bad the game is he put a lot of effort into it, you don't have to dismiss it so vocally.

Obviously you are new here. This is not only a gaming forum, but also a factory of sorts. You see, happy bright-eyed idealists come in, we work our magic and empty cynical husks come out. This is how we sustain ourselves these days.

Yes but he wasn't praising Bioware, he's practically innocent!

Isn't Drowsy Emperor a rebranded RPGMasterboo?

Yes?

what?!?

there is no way drowsy and boo are the same person.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

what?!?

there is no way drowsy and boo are the same person.

That's the lie the matrix wants you to believe. o:)

I though my personality was too lovable to pass unnoticed in any shape or form. Obviously, I was mistaken.

RonJeremy2.jpg

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Epic Games president Mike Capps says how it is

"Everyone knows the middle class is disappearing from the console business. Gears of War, I hope will do really well, but a pretty good game doesn't make its money back any more. A game like Homefront sells a couple of million copies and they close the studio, right?

"That's not enough any more. That's pretty depressing. You don't want to see what happens to an industry where it's Call of Duty, Halo and Gears and no-one else has enough money to make any games any more. That's not a fun industry.

"I can't bet my entire company every time I make a game, that's a really dangerous business," Capps added.

This sucks.

He has some nerve to complain about it - he's one of the major reasons for the current situation.

When for the last few years various PC game genres were dieing left and right and niche audiences were becoming alienated all was fine for the makers of GoW.

Now that they conditioned the market to relay on production values and ignore games without sufficiently strong IPs they come crying that it's getting too much for them.

Unless some of those new games aim at different audiences than their recent attempts I don't see anything changing for the better.

It seems that lessons of minecraft have been ignored completely.

/rant