Random video game news.

Rosbjerg

Awesome. Also, what's this Megaton stuff ?

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You Internet people have strange customs and language....strange indeed.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Only if you identify items for me.

Since poor Nightshape didn't receive any impressions from the Obsidianites, here's what NeoGAF says on his ex-project:

First guy hates it:

Wow. This is one of the worst shooters I have played in a long time. It's like they took all of the bad elements of Bulletstorm while at the same time removing the creativity, using the same art style but duller and utilising possibly the worst cover system on a console.

(...)

Right now, unless the full game is an incredible jump in quality, this game is worse than Duke Nukem Forever. At least DNF had some redeeming features.

Another guy (only positive impression I could find :| ):

Demo was pretty fun. I'd buy it at a low price.

(...)

Well, it's hard to tell what's happening. Full stop. I thought I had unlimited ammo until I noticed the poorly designed hud. I died twice because it doesn't properly convey how damage you've taken. Enemies blend with the environment the the messy scenery and orbs everywhere make it worse; relying on the mini-map to find enemies is not a good thing.

That said, the feeling of just strolling around, wrecking enemies and the environment is entertaining. Very mindless, stupidly simple, but fun. The shotgun is thoroughly satisfying to shoot. With the 'whateverthe****rightonthedpadis' enabled, you can blast through an entire wall and the guy behind it.

are there plans to release Bodycount on PC? I mean, will there be a demo?

Not to my knowledge, I believe that it was a mistake to not do a PC version, but it wasn't my call - team members did want to do one.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Obviously you are new here. This is not only a gaming forum, but also a factory of sorts. You see, happy bright-eyed idealists come in, we work our magic and empty cynical husks come out. This is how we sustain ourselves these days.

Yet, I have been here for years.

Since poor Nightshape didn't receive any impressions from the Obsidianites, here's what NeoGAF says on his ex-project:
First guy hates it:

Wow. This is one of the worst shooters I have played in a long time. It's like they took all of the bad elements of Bulletstorm while at the same time removing the creativity, using the same art style but duller and utilising possibly the worst cover system on a console.

(...)

Right now, unless the full game is an incredible jump in quality, this game is worse than Duke Nukem Forever. At least DNF had some redeeming features.

Another guy (only positive impression I could find :| ):

Demo was pretty fun. I'd buy it at a low price.

(...)

Well, it's hard to tell what's happening. Full stop. I thought I had unlimited ammo until I noticed the poorly designed hud. I died twice because it doesn't properly convey how damage you've taken. Enemies blend with the environment the the messy scenery and orbs everywhere make it worse; relying on the mini-map to find enemies is not a good thing.

That said, the feeling of just strolling around, wrecking enemies and the environment is entertaining. Very mindless, stupidly simple, but fun. The shotgun is thoroughly satisfying to shoot. With the 'whateverthe****rightonthedpadis' enabled, you can blast through an entire wall and the guy behind it.

Every game is a mixed bag, I don't see how its like Bulletstorm though - but I'm obviously in a position of not being able to actually call that, I guess it depends what people focus upon. I didn't like Bulletstorm, I played the game, and finished it, but I didn't exactly enjoy the experience, I played it a few weeks after I'd finished working on Bodycount, and not at any point did I think the games had anything in common, that doesn't mean its not there it meant I didn't see it.

Certainly not one for the NeoGAF crowd, they certainly don't like the game at all. Interesting on another forum (the Chaos Engine), most of the complaints are about the FOV shifting etc... The word as I can see it now is its being recieved as mediocre. The initial 2010 E3 response gave me the impression that it wasn't a game the public wanted.

Obsidianite feedback is welcome too, the NeoGAF folks aren't exactly being constructive.

Despite the wording this is not a request for more jpgs from 'boo

You know you want them... :o

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

It all makes sense now

I just found out, that the Tim Cain got married last week, and left the Carbine Studios today. He did announced that through his facebook page, for those who don't believe me, check his facebook page by yourself.

For some of you, it might be also surprise that it was same-sex marriage. I was pretty surprised by myself

Okay.

Okay...

Oh...kay....

Oh... *shruggs*

So I played the Bodycount demo this morning... Yeah, I sort of played that level 2 years ago, so it was very lacklustre for me.

Edited by Nightshape

From facebook:

"Concept art video -- NOT IN-GAME FOOTAGE Genre : 3rd person action-adventure Platforms : PS3 / Xbox 360 Release date : Fall 2012 Neo-Paris 2084"

Holy cow Neo-Paris 2084 I'm sold!

Edit: Here's a short synopsis:

"Neo-Paris 2084,

Augmented reality and memory manipulation have taken control of peoples’ lives.

You can now digitize, buy, sell or trade your own personal memories. The last remainders of intimacy have been swept away, in what appears to be a simple extension of the development of social networks and geolocation at the beginning of the 21st century.

The “surveillance society” has been accepted by the citizens themselves, in exchange for a few technological benefits. It is a reality that no one even thinks of challenging anymore.

This memory-based economy gives an immense yet uncontrollable power to a handful of people…"

Edited by Morgoth

It all makes sense now

I just found out, that the Tim Cain got married last week, and left the Carbine Studios today. He did announced that through his facebook page, for those who don't believe me, check his facebook page by yourself.

For some of you, it might be also surprise that it was same-sex marriage. I was pretty surprised by myself

Okay.

Okay...

Oh...kay....

Hmmm, I can't find a facebook page for Tim Cain beyond the public one that doesn't have any details beyond a minor biography. Is there really a source for the fact that he left Carbine?

As for the MMO....that image doesn't inspire much confidence, but it's Tim Cain right? Has he let us down before?

It all makes sense now

Okay.

Okay...

Oh...kay....

shakehead.gif

Was the bride David Gaider?

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

New Reckoning trailer

I'm posting this for one reason and one reason alone. Is that narrator Claudia Black?

If so, day one buy.

Tim Cain's MMO announced

ss_preview_WS_Aurin02.jpg.jpg

From Fallout to...this. :p

How the mighty have fallen.

That trailer is really interesting. If it wasn't an MMO, I'd be excited.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."