Change name from Obsidian Entertainment to "Obsid Entert"

Funny thing is, if Obsidian listened to you, queue a thousand people going "OMG I CANT BELIEVE IT SO SOMETIMES BOSS DROPS THIS UNIQUE WEAPON AND SOMETIMES HE DOESN'T? OMG OBSIDIAN U SUCK WHY DONT I GET THIS DROP OMG OMG" :lol:

Doesn't mean you're wrong, but generally speaking, just means "this game doesn't do what I want" is not "this game is half done".

Ok, but I'm not just talking about this game. I'm talking about most "Obsid Entert" games in general up to this point.

Funny thing is, if Obsidian listened to you, queue a thousand people going "OMG I CANT BELIEVE IT SO SOMETIMES BOSS DROPS THIS UNIQUE WEAPON AND SOMETIMES HE DOESN'T? OMG OBSIDIAN U SUCK WHY DONT I GET THIS DROP OMG OMG" :lol:

Doesn't mean you're wrong, but generally speaking, just means "this game doesn't do what I want" is not "this game is half done".

My sentiment exactly. In fact I have no idea what the OP is even talking about. There is plenty of loot in this game. Actually.... there is FAR more loot in this game than other "recent" additions to the dungeon-crawler RPG genre. *cough*DA2*cough*

I didn't originally post this here. I posted it in General. I'm not talking only about this game. It's most Obsidian games in general.

I didn't originally post this here. I posted it in General. I'm not talking only about this game. It's most Obsidian games in general.

So? Most BioWare games are masterpieces. That doesn't excuse what happened with DA2.

Most Bethesda games are mediocre at best but now they give us Skyrim and it looks like a great game.

Most Obsidian games are nearly unplayable at launch due to bugs, but now they give us DS3 and I can't seem to find any bugs at all while playing.

CoD is still CoD and every new CoD is just a mod. Gearbox gave us Borderlands and then turn around and give us DNF which frankly was not worth the 10 year wait.

What is your point? Are you just hatin'?

I think generally bosses were a good balance - not too long because of super gigantic HP bars, and not too simple where you just figure out 1 thing and you could toy with them. A little more variation would have made things very interesting though - i.e. bosses that shake things up a bit more in HC mode, say, Rajani summoning hounds, Yaru-Yatum chasing you around, etc.

And certainly they pulled out all the stops with the final battles, they were awesome.

Let's talk multiplayer. In the past DS games, players weren't limited to only 4 characters where each player has to be a different one. I have 5 friends that have played through DS1 and 2, but we can't play this one together because of the limitation. Again...Obsid Entert should have consulted more with Gas Powered Games if just not to let the LAN play end up half-assed.

Edited by GuruChaz

If you guys want to do something spectacular, allow more than 4 players to join a multiplayer LAN game regardless if someone plays the same character or not.

and...

Do something about the flaws and poor AI in Alpha Protocol. Don't just leave it like it is. Thanks.

If you guys want to do something spectacular, allow more than 4 players to join a multiplayer LAN game regardless if someone plays the same character or not.

and...

Do something about the flaws and poor AI in Alpha Protocol. Don't just leave it like it is. Thanks.

This game was designed around the 4 characters specifically. It wouldn't work with more than 4 players on the field without some sort of alternate game type and strip the characters of their identities and replace that with generic classes. This is sort of like i've suggested with the Arena/Last Stand mode potential, even though I think 4 people is a perfect number for that as well. 4 is a solid coop number.

Also this is the Dungeon Siege III thread. You can find the Alpha Protocol tech support forums here

and...

This game was designed around the 4 characters specifically. It wouldn't work with more than 4 players on the field without some sort of alternate game type and strip the characters of their identities and replace that with generic classes. This is sort of like i've suggested with the Arena/Last Stand mode potential, even though I think 4 people is a perfect number for that as well. 4 is a solid coop number.

Also this is the Dungeon Siege III thread. You can find the Alpha Protocol tech support forums here

It's not a solid number for my group of 5 people that played DS1 and DS2 and would all like to play this one when they come in for a week long LAN vacation that we do every year.

and...

It's not a solid number for my group of 5 people that played DS1 and DS2 and would all like to play this one when they come in for a week long LAN vacation that we do every year.

Apologies I have never played DS1 or 2 and this game is a fresh concept to me, thus I don't consider the first two games.

Also, DS3 is a different developer than the previous 2 entries and I don't ever expect new developers to clone previous entries.

The fact that this game is named DUNGEON SIEG 3 means that the first two games should be considered. How can you have an honest conversation with anyone about Dungeon Siege THREE without considering Dungeon Siege ONE & TWO?

Well, the obvious : Fallout 3. Dungeon Siege 3 as originally planned by Chris Taylor (think Space Siege).

There are these things called publishers who usually call the shots on such things as patches. Obsidian can't patch the game without the consent and resources of Sega.

Hate the living, love the dead.

The fact that this game is named DUNGEON SIEG 3 means that the first two games should be considered.

No, not necessarily.

How can you have an honest conversation with anyone about Dungeon Siege THREE without considering Dungeon Siege ONE & TWO?

Just like that, lots of people are doing it. It's working just fine.

The fact that this game is named DUNGEON SIEG 3 means that the first two games should be considered.

No, not necessarily.

How can you have an honest conversation with anyone about Dungeon Siege THREE without considering Dungeon Siege ONE & TWO?

Just like that, lots of people are doing it. It's working just fine.

Finally. I agree.

I do understand the desire of fans of anything - books, films, games - wanting sequels/prequels etc. to essentially be 'more of the same' (yet also 'new & improved'...fans can be demanding, hehe), but there is absolutely nothing that says they must be. Absolutely nothing.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

and...

Apologies I have never played DS1 or 2 and this game is a fresh concept to me, thus I don't consider the first two games.

Also, DS3 is a different developer than the previous 2 entries and I don't ever expect new developers to clone previous entries.

You're joking, right? OMG...what a typical PR answer.

There are these things called publishers who usually call the shots on such things as patches. Obsidian can't patch the game without the consent and resources of Sega.

Sega can't even fund patching for Alpha Protocol. SEGA is a joke.

and...

You're joking, right? OMG...what a typical PR answer.

PR?

And no i'm serious bud. In no way would I expect a new developer to not want to do things their way and make the franchise that was handed to them their own. DSIII is bug free and very fun (in my opinion) therefore i'm happy with what Obsidian did with it.

You're suffering from an acute medical condition. It's called, "Being a Cynical A-hole".

Just thought I would let you know.

I'm proud of my cynicism and find it insulting that you list that person as one of us.

Take it back! *shakefist*

Finno-Ugric cynic force is go!

Sega can't even fund patching for Alpha Protocol. SEGA is a joke.

Riiiiiiiight. SEGA is the joke here, nevermind that they are still a Fortune 500 company.

Riiiiiiiight. SEGA is the joke here, nevermind that they are still a Fortune 500 company.
Can't as in can't be arsed, not as in doesn't have the money.

That's definitely not how I read that comment by GuruChaz. As in they can't be arsed, well yeah, even though I like Alpha Protocol as an IP, it failed on many levels. The most important of which was success. The game just didn't do well enough to warrant any patches or DLC and from a business perspective SEGA decided to cut their loses and drop the IP completely. Sad really because there was some really cool things about AP that I would liked to have seen in another "better" game in the future.

And perhaps we will eventually.