Deus Ex 3

Rosbjerg

No. More. DX. ugh

I'd agree but only if if you replace DX with Bioware.

I mean, jeezus kriste, freaking BW?

ugh. 2x.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Ok, I'm gonna get bitched at, but the truth is, I never liked DX. I always found it annoying, the music childish, the dialogs fake and cheesy, and the plot ridiculous.

But I always enjoyed the premise. So I have high hopes for DXHR, reassured by some personal experience. Cooomeeee onnn, tuesday.

Edited by vault_overseer

Ok, I'm gonna get bitched at, but the truth is, I never liked DX. I always found it annoying, the music childish, the dialogs fake and cheesy, and the plot ridiculous.

These are all true. Plus the stealth was poor and the fps combat atrocious.

Still, somewhow it overcame all these in some sort of weird cyber/gaming gestalt.

A layman's terms: a miracle. Yet there you go. If the head of Jesus Christ can appear in bread mold, why not DX?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

No, you'll only be left scratching your head at what everyone's drooling about like I was. It was a great game at the time supposedly but it hasn't exactly aged gracefully (early 3d graphics ftw). Just play the new one.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Yeah, well that's just like, your opinion, man.

^^

I have Deus Ex and Baldur's Gate II installed on every computer I own. Always.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

No, you'll only be left scratching your head at what everyone's drooling about like I was. It was a great game at the time supposedly but it hasn't exactly aged gracefully (early 3d graphics ftw). Just play the new one.

Well, I played Planescape Torment recently and I was very pleasantly surprised. Of course I found a mod that made it work in 1920x1080, which helped a lot.. But I've also seen some good graphic mods for Deus Ex.

Fortune favors the bald.

Yeah, well that's just like, your opinion, man.

^^

I have Deus Ex and Baldur's Gate II installed on every computer I own. Always.

Okay, I'll own up to BGII and Alpha Centauri.

Well, I played Planescape Torment recently and I was very pleasantly surprised. Of course I found a mod that made it work in 1920x1080, which helped a lot.. But I've also seen some good graphic mods for Deus Ex.

Well see there, I played PT multiple times and I'd say that game offers something you won't get anywhere else, hence I'd always recommend it. To everyone. At great length. Or at least for as long as I can get them to listen.

With Deus Ex I was under the impression I was playing a once great but dated game. I really like Blade Runner and cyberpunk and I was perhaps expecting a deeper, more meaningful story. Deus Ex is more the Neuromancer side of things. In fact its basically as close to Neuromancer as you can get.

The fact is I barely remember it now, a few visuals and nothing about the story so that says something in itself.

The fact is I barely remember it now, a few visuals and nothing about the story so that says something in itself.
Other than the obvious fact that the game failed to attract your attention, you mean?

Heh.

@Ros: DX is a great game, if you can get past the terribly dated graphics, even worse animations and lackluster gunplay. The plot and characters are what the game is all about, so if for whatever reason they aren't up your alley, you'll find playing it a chore. You should at least give it a shot.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I'm not seeing a problem there, the man didn't ask for an opinion and he got it. He got others as well so he has more advice to help him make up his mind.

the man didn't ask for an opinion and he got it.

:lol:

That happens a lot in this forum.

Aahahahahahhaha :lol:

*did

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Why did someone copy a preview and paste it in there

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Money. I like the way this game looks but it smells like all the reviews are going to be 90+ by default.

Money. I like the way this game looks but it smells like all the reviews are going to be 90+ by default.

I though that was obvious considering amounts of hype this game has.

It was but it stinks more than usual. I'm skeptical that the game is as top notch as they are going to claim it is. Call it a gut feeling

Although I certainly wish for it to be.

Btw has it been noted that the character models, faces specifically and their animations are complete crap? Apart from the protagonist who has obviously been given special attention.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

They look good enough I think. Part of the problem with the plastic looking faces in the latest trailer may be the lighting, the 20 minuet gameplay footage they posted months ago in the city looked much more convincing.

Edited by Serrano

Game is not crap, I'll bet 20 on it. Animations are fine for "social" bosses, otherwise they're passable. Certainly better than in bethesda games.

Never said it was.

Are they better than VtM Bloodlines in your opinion?

They look good enough I think. Part of the problem with the plastic looking faces in the latest trailer may be the lighting, the 20 minuet gameplay footage they posted months ago in the city looked much more convincing.

Could be, could be.