RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

I'm thinking you might be confusing Tales of Monkey Island with Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition.

But, with you, it's hard to tell.

Keep still.

Either way, let's get back to real games: Batman: Arkham City Catwoman trailer

Wait, you can play as Catwoman too?

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

The Ultima Forever site is live now. http://www.ultimaforever.com/

Looks like it's pimping Ultima Online and giving out Ultima 4 for free, which was actually released quite some time ago for distribution for free on certain sites belonging to members of the Ultima Dragons. It has all the box art from the main series, 1-9, expansions and the two Ultima Underworlds, but no love for the Worlds of Ultima games, Martian Dreams and Savage Empire.

Edited by MacMichael

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

UO is still subscription based? Didn't know people still played it.

It's also one of the very few MMOs to host an Oceanic/Australian server that's actually *gasp* in Australia, while the competitors just count their stacks of cash - so kudos for that. It's still probably the most 'open' MMIO out there too, maybe the only one that merits the term MMORPG (instead of stull like WoW which I'd classify only as an MMOG)

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

EA Slaps Richard Garriot in the face as well as Ultima fans: http://kotaku.com/5808095/ea-is-launching-...team-competitor

This Friday, Electronic Arts will unveil its own take on the popular online PC shopfront Steam, with the launch of a service called Origin.

I will now never purchase any EA game from now on.

So in the end, users will need to install 123145234234234 additional programs to play games. :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

A new HD version of Metal Gear Solid or Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes?

I wonder if they will release a HD HD HD version in 5 years.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

EA Slaps Richard Garriot in the face as well as Ultima fans: http://kotaku.com/5808095/ea-is-launching-...team-competitor

This Friday, Electronic Arts will unveil its own take on the popular online PC shopfront Steam, with the launch of a service called Origin.

I will now never purchase any EA game from now on.

They crossed that bridge a long time ago when UO2 was renamed "Ultima Worlds Online: Origin" and turned it into some sort of 3D steampunk MMO. Which was mercifully canned.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

So in the end, users will need to install 123145234234234 additional programs to play games. :>

EA's been running their own download portal for their own games so far, if they actually get other publishers on board, it might eventually cut down on the amount of programs you need.

Traditionally, I believe that the Battlefields have been more "open" while CODs have been more on rails. I think the angle now is that with the Frostbite engine and destructible environments, Battlefield is going to be a bit more dynamic and AI driven over the heavily scripted "cinematic" COD.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I had forgotten all about that game. Thankfully.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra