The new Commodore 64 released!

Jaesun

It is pretty cool, that looks like a standard digital monitor jack on the back though, they ought to have more option for connecting to TVs.

BACK PANEL CONNECTORS:

1 12V DC Jack

1 PS2 KB/Mouse connectors

1 HDMI

1 DVI-D

1 VGA

4 USB 2.0

1 RJ45 LAN (10/100/1000)

3 3.5mm Audio with S/PDIF out

HDMI works for me. And oops, sorry for posting this on the wrong forum! :lol:

It says it's a fully functional pc that ships with Linux but can have windows installed.

Does that mean one can play actual pc games on it?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Man, that is tempting... trying to picture it next to my original Commodore 64 (I still have one in working condition) :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Not really. It has an Atom processor and an Ion 2 graphics processor (think netbook/htpc specs) so it can only handle low end games. It's really nothing more than a fancy (ugly) case for a low power computer.

Not really. It has an Atom processor and an Ion 2 graphics processor (think netbook/htpc specs) so it can only handle low end games. It's really nothing more than a fancy (ugly) case for a low power computer.

That's what I thought.

I'm not sure what it's appeal would be in a practical sense.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

That's what I thought.

I'm not sure what it's appeal would be in a practical sense.

Hmm i think you could probably play any game released by 2005 on it. So it's not that bad.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Bah, amateurs. I, of the Commodore Master Race, had a Commodore 128! Much better than a puny Commodore 64.

We could play like.. three games with better sound than the Commodore 64 version. So worth it!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

What about this should make me want one?

I'm not seeing the appeal.

Are they releasing any games for it?

Any apps for it?

What will I be able to use it for?

The unit also ships with a built-in Commodore 64 emulator and a few 8-bit classics pre-installed.

The unit also ships with a built-in Commodore 64 emulator and a few 8-bit classics pre-installed.

For 250-900 USD?

Not seeing the value here.

HTPCs cost something in that range generally, and this essentially is a HTPC in a cheap plastic case - though not sure how Atom does with HD video. I'd go Zacate or even full Sandy Bridge once we hit the upper end of that price scale.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Call me when they release a new Spectrum 48K.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

HTPCs cost something in that range generally, and this essentially is a HTPC in a cheap plastic case - though not sure how Atom does with HD video. I'd go Zacate or even full Sandy Bridge once we hit the upper end of that price scale.

Lacking the ability to play current games off any platform seems to put a major dent in its usablity. It appears to be little more than movie player/internet browser, which is fine, but probably not worth the current price tag.

If I have 500 USD to spend on a convergence device of some sort, I think there's better choices.

Bah, amateurs. I, of the Commodore Master Race, had a Commodore 128! Much better than a puny Commodore 64.

We could play like.. three games with better sound than the Commodore 64 version. So worth it!

Same. C=128 supremacy.

Here's a frustrating game I recently remembered playing on it (C=64 game but whatever):

Same. C=128 supremacy.

Here's a frustrating game I recently remembered playing on it (C=64 game but whatever):

Back to work Sawyer... Who let you out of the cage again... I'm telling Feargus.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

What about this should make me want one?

I'm not seeing the appeal.

Are they releasing any games for it?

Any apps for it?

What will I be able to use it for?

Can I attach a 1541 drive to it, allowing me to use my old C64 5/14" discs? Commodore Datasette 1530 and cassette tapes? How about cartridges?

My old C64 is dead. :shifty:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Woah, it would be so cool if they had those old joystick ports on this new machine! I miss playing with my Wico Redball! Absolutely indestructible joystick.

Beat that, Mr Trying-To-Steal-My-Spotlight Sawyer.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!