Character reveal trailer

Very pretty enviroments, really liking the lighting in this game. It's impressive because this is the first Onyx engine game. Hope to see more Obsidian games being developed with this engine. (I think that it is no brainer.) Alpha Protocol 2 with Onyx Engine? Yes, please.

It's been said before but yeah, the lighting and colors make the game come alive really.

I wonder if the guy doing the narration for these videos is also featured in the game itself. Always liked him as a voiceactor, he has done some awesome stuff (he was superb as Dean in Dead Money, think it's the same guy at least?).

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I would be surprised if the narrator isn't The Venerable Odo, the one who kept the children of the Legion out of Jeyne Kassinder's clutches and also the man who called for a meeting of those same children back at the Montbarron's estate. So yeah, I think he's going to be in the game.

Dungeon Siege 3 character introduction: Lucas Montbarron (from Square Enix Members)

Looking for some Dungeon Siege 3 gameplay footage? You'll want to check out this video, which introduces the character of Lucas Montbarron and shows off his fighting style. Lucas focuses on melee attacks, with both a sword and shield, in order to dispatch his enemies.

We'll have more Dungeon Siege 3 videos, showing off more characters, here every friday for the next few weeks. So make you keep checking back. If you haven't pre-ordered the game yet, you can do so now and guarantee yourself the four bonus items that are exclusive to pre-orderers. There's less than two months to go until Dungeon Siege 3 is available on May 27th, so you'll be hearing plenty more about the game in the coming weeks.

I think the trailers have all been good (Katarina has already been discussed, but it manages to make her character fun to play). But I don't think they're doing a great job of presenting the game from its best-looking side so to speak. I think the game looks extremely gorgeous in some of the top-down stuff we've seen (that machinima preview comes to mind) but it doesn't look as good when zoomed in.

But yeah, I think it's still worth it in terms of introducing the characters. I'm pretty impressed that they, aside from Lucas perhaps, all feel rather non-conventional which is great. I was re-reading an old interview with George Ziets today (because I just finished a replay of MotB) and the stuff he says about fantasy games and settings is just bang-on, and I *really* hope he has brought that kind of thinking to Dungeon Siege 3 as well.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

This one actually seems somewhat interesting. I'd like to see Obsidian make some really interesting characters, no one else seems to.

Interesting in gameplay or story? They seem interesting enough to play as, but I was never expecting a super deep story with deep characters for this game. This is more about killing everything that moves, grab loot and kill some more to get even better loot.

This one actually seems somewhat interesting. I'd like to see Obsidian make some really interesting characters, no one else seems to.

Interesting in gameplay or story? They seem interesting enough to play as, but I was never expecting a super deep story with deep characters for this game. This is more about killing everything that moves, grab loot and kill some more to get even better loot.

So were DS1 & DS2 at the core of it, but they were more tactical. This seems more like oh Streets of Rage (Yes very old!!!) or something. The focus isn't so much on the killing as button mashing to smash whatever's around your character and all the action's at point blank\near point blank range.

I was hoping Reinhart would be the traditional mage - nature because combat magic skills have already been hybridised. Looks like an epic fail though. Judging by the video I just saw he's a hybrid monk\rogue with nature mage skills. So the only class that's been carried from DS1\DS2 is in fact melee aka Luke the babyfaced killer. I'll keep watching\reading but I have to say I'm intensely disappointed in what I've seen of the game. The graphics are great, but that's to be expected of any modern game. Everything else is pretty disappointing. Maybe it'll prove a hit with other sections of the gaming community\the console gamers.

So were DS1 & DS2 at the core of it, but they were more tactical. This seems more like oh Streets of Rage (Yes very old!!!) or something. The focus isn't so much on the killing as button mashing to smash whatever's around your character and all the action's at point blank\near point blank range.

I was hoping Reinhart would be the traditional mage - nature because combat magic skills have already been hybridised. Looks like an epic fail though. Judging by the video I just saw he's a hybrid monk\rogue with nature mage skills. So the only class that's been carried from DS1\DS2 is in fact melee aka Luke the babyfaced killer. I'll keep watching\reading but I have to say I'm intensely disappointed in what I've seen of the game. The graphics are great, but that's to be expected of any modern game. Everything else is pretty disappointing. Maybe it'll prove a hit with other sections of the gaming community\the console gamers.

Really? I didn't take that away from the video at all. You have a combat magic stance (entropic, ranged, aoe), and a nature magic stance (lightning, melee, single target). The melee is a bit odd, but it reminds me of a cesti from DS2 (and to be honest, I'm kind of glad this isn't another generic mage with a dress and a staff... again). The doppelganger spell was one I missed from the first DS, and I'm glad to see they brought it back in this game. This character may not be completely true to a basic caster from the first two games, but it reminds me of the kind of character I would make from the second game (unconventional and challenging, yet still very effective... kind of like a magic based fist of stone).

Really? I didn't take that away from the video at all. You have a combat magic stance (entropic, ranged, aoe), and a nature magic stance (lightning, melee, single target). The melee is a bit odd, but it reminds me of a cesti from DS2 (and to be honest, I'm kind of glad this isn't another generic mage with a dress and a staff... again). The doppelganger spell was one I missed from the first DS, and I'm glad to see they brought it back in this game. This character may not be completely true to a basic caster from the first two games, but it reminds me of the kind of character I would make from the second game (unconventional and challenging, yet still very effective... kind of like a magic based fist of stone).

Oh I've no problem losing the dress :thumbsup: Melee is probably a little like the cestus, but I never meleed as a mafe in DS2. I used it purely for the perks provided e.g. better combat magic damage. It's also a very monkish fighting style. For myself no problem with a staff, it's a cool weapon - Think Gandalf - Lord of the Rings, except DS has the option of making it graphically really cool. Again though it's a matter of equipment perks rather than direct usage. I think in DS2 I went primarily combat mage, but may have looked at picking up a few melee survivability skills. Basically a caster though.