Mass Effect 3

Gorth

i bet the bad ending for ME3 has the reapers win and choose humans to be the remainder race, taking the role of the collectors for the next generation of races.

i bet the good ending makes no sense.

based 'pon harbinger comments and the existence o' the human-reaper hybrid at the end o' me2, it would appear that the reaper goal is to make humans the new template for their planned species evolution... not new collectors. is a better story angle too. no human is gonna advocate servitude to the reapers as a race o' mindless drones, but am seeing that some human individuals and organizations (cereberus) may not be so opposed to galactic human-reaper supremacy as an alternative to seeming inevitable extinction. more opportunities for conflict.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

oh yeah, i forgot about that human reaper bit, so what race are the reapers currently copying? space lobsters?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

If you have a hard time believing that lobsters were once the dominant life form in the galaxy, then you just don't know, man.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If you have a hard time believing that lobsters were once the dominant life form in the galaxy, then you just don't know, man.

The jellyfish species (sorry, forgot their name) nothing less than worships their crustacean overlords :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

While Shepard / reaper storyline is trilogy, Mass Effect brand is just getting started so I wouldn't bet on any storyline or at least not canon ending for Mass Effect 3 that would somehow make next games more difficult to develop.

I wonder if Bioware just use KotOR angle and Shepard leaves with reapers, as best, last hope for the humanity :)

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

oh yeah, i forgot about that human reaper bit, so what race are the reapers currently copying? space lobsters?

they look like cuttlefish. is not lobsters but cuttlefish. for the jeopardy fans, cuttlefish is the biggest brained invertebrates.

as an aside, am recollecting that the etymology o' "cuttlefish" is kinda amusing... and somehow appropriate for a bio uber monster.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

from wikipedia:

"Cuttlefish eat small molluscs, crabs, shrimp, fish, octopuses, worms, and other cuttlefish. Their predators include dolphins, sharks, fish, seals and other cuttlefish. Their life expectancy is about one to two years."

well, now we know what the reapers are scared of...

Space Sharks.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

While Shepard / reaper storyline is trilogy, Mass Effect brand is just getting started so I wouldn't bet on any storyline or at least not canon ending for Mass Effect 3 that would somehow make next games more difficult to develop.

I wonder if Bioware just use KotOR angle and Shepard leaves with reapers, as best, last hope for the humanity :)

Holding my breath for a Blasto the Hanar spectre, game.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Guest The Architect

I'd buy that.

"This one does not agree with your face." *shoots Volus*

I wonder if Bioware just use KotOR angle and Shepard leaves with reapers, as best, last hope for the humanity :lol:

I don't generally get too into the Bio-bashing around here, but it would fit the Bio pattern of fan-service catering if what started as a forum joke rose past "amusing comic-relief cameo" to stand-alone product.

That's bio-bashing? Most companies could only hope to be able to do that kind of thing.

You call it fan-service. I call it experimental.

Edited by Tale

I wonder if Bioware just use KotOR angle and Shepard leaves with reapers, as best, last hope for the humanity :lol:

I don't generally get too into the Bio-bashing around here, but it would fit the Bio pattern of fan-service catering if what started as a forum joke rose past "amusing comic-relief cameo" to stand-alone product.

I would really love if they did something that would incite something other than bashing, but have lost themselves.

Although I have to say that ME could be a worse game, I just don't agree with the logic of having a extremely detailed universe that rivals established Sci-Fi IPs and treat your story as a Saturday morning cartoon. But they have established consistence between these 2 games and i'm expecting 3 to be along those lines.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Guest The Architect

I like the Reapers, they're a fun bunch, but I'll be annoyed if they all look like giant squid. I've yet to see one that doesn't, other than Mr. Terminator wannabe. Otherwise, that's a hell of a lot of seafood the Reapers have turned to goo. What a waste! I usually have no respect for those who have no respect for seafood, but I'll make an exception for the Reapers. The fireworks they put on every 50,000 years are worth it.

Edited by The Architect

Pretty much just because they consider Shepard awesome. He's been a bit of a silly ego-stroke protagonist from the get go. It doesn't matter that he wasn't working alone, it was all him.

I hope Mass Effect 3 will let me finally start gunning down Cerberus Operatives while yelling "FOR KOHAKU!"

Edited by Tale

Mordin does some hand-waving about humans having greater internal genetic diversity than other sentient species.

Bioware writing sci-fi...

By that logic they should be harvesting dogs or growing bacteria and harvesting them.

Edited by Purkake

Mordin does some hand-waving about humans having greater internal genetic diversity than other sentient species.

Yup that was something else. By that logic they should be harvesting dogs or growing bacteria and harvesting them.

Maybe they already did it? AHAHAH.

Drew Karpshyn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> u

R00fles!

Bioware writing sci-fi...

By that logic they should be harvesting dogs or growing bacteria and harvesting them.

Ehh, it's not unique to Bioware. Humans are special is borderline omnipresent in fantasy and space opera with multiple intelligent races. The reasoning is never anything other than mind bogglingly stupid.

Was there ever any plausible reason given why the Reapers were harvesting humans, the newbie race, beyond Shepard being awesome? It's not like she was working alone anyway.

My sneaking suspicion is that some Protheans did something to humanity (per the trinket the Asari Consort gives you's revelation when used on that Prothean object that the Protheans visited/did something to early man) as a last ditch effort to create something that could eventually stand against the Reapers (since the death of the Prothean's took some time (per Vigil on Ilos) and there's indications the Mars outpost was remote relative to Prothean society, IIRC) and that its this that the Reapers/Collectors were ultimately trying to figure out.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Thanks! It'll probably won't turn out that way though - I have a terrible track record with these sort of things...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

<theory>My sneaking suspicion is that some Protheans did something to humanity (per the trinket the Asari Consort gives you's revelation when used on that Prothean object that the Protheans visited/did something to early man) as a last ditch effort to create something that could eventually stand against the Reapers (since the death of the Prothean's took some time (per Vigil on Ilos) and there's indications the Mars outpost was remote relative to Prothean society, IIRC) and that its this that the Reapers/Collectors were ultimately trying to figure out.</theory>

That must have been the Protheans injecting the "awesome" into Shepard's ancestor.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.