Dragon Age 2

Darque

Hahaha.

Looks like even Bio fans could be alienated by a design philosophy that revolves around catering to the largest possible amount of people, no matter the price. ADHD-afflicted teenagers putting down the game before earning an achievement? We can't have that - more titties and blood splatter are clearly the solution. And get rid of all those confusing numbers and needlessly convoluted mechanics, not everyone can count, much less add and substract. Oh, and that fazing interface and tactical camera need to go as well, the game is meant to play in autopilot anyway.

Sorry folks, but Bio's datamining has revealed that retards players can only be trusted to move from one encounter in the derp roads to the next, that's it. So that's what they are keeping. I also read that DAO's lead designer quit his job shortly after completing work in that game, but he hasn't revealed his reasons. And now those who told us oldfags who wanted a solid RPG to go play Torment are apparently hating the changes. Roofles indeed.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Trying out PS3 demo now. For a supposedly console primary platform, the game is definitely superior on PC. Not just graphics, which may be specifically lackluster on the PS3, but controls. Having to pause to select any spell beyond three. It's too slow. Edit: I see now there's a toggle for the next three. 6 doesn't sound so bad.

I like pause on AoE though. PC needs that feature.

I'll try 360 demo tomorrow.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I like pause on AoE though. PC needs that feature.

So hitting space bar isn't easy enough?

Obviously I'm not smart enough to press space. That's why I need it done automatically when I select an area spell.

ObviouslyI'mnotsmartenoughtopressspace.That'swhyIneeditdoneautomaticallywhenIselectanareaspell.

fixed :sorcerer:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Does anyone else hate that they turned Hurlocks into undead chimps in armor?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

You're the only one who hates the new Hurlocks. There's certainly been no comparison of them to Power Ranger Putty Patrol.

You're the only one who hates the new Hurlocks. There's certainly been no comparison of them to Power Ranger Putty Patrol.

had to google. was amused.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

"Physical damage: 14,666"

Still the offline MMO, I see.

He's running it with console mods for extreme stats.

"Physical damage: 14,666"

Still the offline MMO, I see.

He's running it with console mods for extreme stats.

Not exactly. I didn't modify him one bit, i only leveled up Hawke, Aveline and Varrice were the auto leveled up to level 49 when they joined, i just had distritbute points into talents, no influence on the stats.

When i run it again i'll look at how much damage you actually do when you reach the level requirement for that talent. And it was manipulating memory not console mods.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Level 49 is pretty extreme, since the game has a softcap around 20.

But thanks for the details.

Edited by Tale

Archlance.jpg

Here you go. Both level 11 to get the Archer Lance upgrade as well, important stats:

Hawke

Dex 30

52 DPS 55

Varric

DEX 36

275 DPS 293

With his weapon at level 23 Varric did about 7000 damage with this talent and you've seen the level 49 damage. So i guess highest level enemies will have 99,999 health so they won't die with one hit or mabye there won't be any weapon with 275 DPS, which i doubt and expect even higher DPS.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Marionetten wrote...

Not sure if this has been posted but Swedish PC gamer reviewed Dragon Age II. They complimented the game on its story telling while criticizing the plot for feeling rushed and unfocused. Apparently the recycled areas are bad enough to elicit a giant WTF. Unfortunately, they didn't go too deep into gameplay but they seemed to like it well enough. They did however express fears about future DLC.

Oh yes, it got 85. Ten points lower than Dragon Age: Origins.

Marionetten wrote...

...they didn't go too deep into gameplay. They did however seem very pleased with the story telling. Pleased enough to compare it to Planescape: Torment's. Most of their issues lied with the plot itself. Apparently the game lacks a major antagonist until the very end. They said that most of the game was spent in Kirkwall running errands for the three factions.

Qunari, Circle and Chantry. Yes, apparently we can side with the Qunari.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

still though, a TEN point drop is a big difference. that is the reviewer saying "this game is most definitely not as good as the last one". Considering that sequels in videogameland are often better than the originals, this is a poopoo sign that DA2 now wears around its large and spikyarmored neck.

I'm expecting to like it anyway, but if i don't like it A LOT then I'm going to stop pre-ordering bioware games for a while in case they are going back into one of their slumps.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

"Considering that sequels in videogameland are often better than the originals"

I haven't done much official research into the subject, but if I were to hazard a guess that most sequels tend to get ratedlower than the originals. This is doubly true for expansions.

One clear example is HOTU which reviewers and most gamers agree is better than the NWN OC 9and SOU0 yet is rated far lower...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

10 point difference is almost meaningless when they're not released in the same time period. These scores aren't objectively quantified. They're heavily influenced by their surroundings.

What it means is "I did not enjoy DA2 now as much as I enjoyed DAO then." That's the best it can mean.

Edited by Tale