Deus Ex 3

Pidesco

IIRC, in DX1 the level of tech for JC and the earlier prototypes was about the same without the added ugly prosthesis. Plus there are obvious issues with DX3 tech, evident by the fact that Jensen can't hold a glass without breaking it.

Aww, he just wants to feel again.

"I shoot/stab/slice people, because it's the only thing that makes me feel alive."

Drama confirmed.

Seems more deep than that, regarding the Icarus dream and his past I say that losing his arms wasn't his choice. He sort of looks like the person with a defining moment in his past, Noire style.

I hope so, because video games and cliches go together like gin and tonic.

I hope so, because video games and cliches go together like gin and tonic.

lol. awesome.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

"I shoot/stab/slice people, because it's the only thing that makes me feel alive."

That isn't an actual in-game line, is it?

Hey, it might be. I really hope they go more in the transhumanism and society way instead of trying to make yet another "character driven" plot where you have to decide whether you are human and love butterflies and puppies or a machine and only live for blood and the Emperor.

What would the world be like if everyone had awesome robot hands and couldn't hold a glass without breaking it?

Edited by Purkake

We'd have thicker glasses. Or all switch to cheap plastic cups that bend.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

We'd have thicker glasses. Or all switch to cheap plastic cups that bend.

The CamelBak folk will make a killing. The, uh, transhumanist stuff in the game should be pretty amusing.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, bro, I hear it's like that Icarus myth. Man will, like, try to play god and then learn a valuable lesson for the future.

That's some deep symbology, man. Maybe Jensen's last line will be "Welcome to the human race".

Funnily enough, I must be dull as all I took from the Icarus story was "RTFM".

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

its not exactly a new idea, its been kicking around since that icarus myth...

:)

oops: this was in response to virumors last bit

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Someone seems bitter.

Just trying to fit in.

Just be yourself. We'll love you either way.

Didn't the shifter mod for DX give Gunther an actual skull gun? awesome.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

What's wrong with being bitter?

It makes your face all scrunch up.

It makes you all grumpy, boring and unable to enjoy things just for the sake of it.

Where's the downside ?

See, man, that's hardcore.

It makes your face all scrunch up.

Like this?

Actually i'm so sour that biting a lemon doesn't affect me anymore, have a permanent frown formed in my skull lines. I if you keep at for 18 years you also will get one. :)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif