Deus Ex 3

Pidesco

I don't think I've ever complained about a game delay in my 20+ years of gaming. Given the option I would rather play a good game tomorrow than a bad game today.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I don't think I've ever complained about a game delay in my 20+ years of gaming. Given the option I would rather play a good game tomorrow than a bad game today.

How many would play a bad game today ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Delaying it until April probably has more to do with financials than development. Moving it to a new *fiscal* year. I can't imagine they are going to do too much more work on it in the added time as they were probably all set for a March release until some numbercruncher looked at the books and did his arcane accounting **** and saw it made more sense for release in the next fiscal year.

A month. Hardly a delay at all so no big deal really as far as satisfying the urge to play it.

Delaying it until April probably has more to do with financials than development. Moving it to a new *fiscal* year. I can't imagine they are going to do too much more work on it in the added time as they were probably all set for a March release until some numbercruncher looked at the books and did his arcane accounting **** and saw it made more sense for release in the next fiscal year.

A month. Hardly a delay at all so no big deal really as far as satisfying the urge to play it.

Still think sharing a release date with DA2 factored into the decision. :-

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

i've seen a lot of people complain about game delays in my life. I never counted though.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

*looks around*

Unintentional irony?

Edited by Purkake

Hm, some interesting things came out there that I didn't know before...

Although seeing them do the "mutual flagellation society" over the DX Invisible War post-mortem..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

• 2 weeks later...

that wasn't a preview it was the gaming equivalent of a 12 year old girl at a justin bieber concert

The mind-blowing Deus Ex: Human Revolution reveal trailer took a development sideteam an entire year to craft, costing untold millions.

The trailer cost untold millions?

I disagree that combat in the original DE was 'tacked on' or that stealth wasn't viable.

Still, good to see they're enthusiastic about the game.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Well that article was a very long wank.

Clearly, then, to underestimate the near-zealous reverence with which Eidos Montreal are treating Deus Ex is to fail to appreciate what the Canadian outfit are not only bringing to this reborn series, but to videogame development as a whole.

Hah.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

But it did mention that the "delay" is really only into April rather then any significant time..

Although a job that pays you to spend 12 months playing Deus Ex, Deus Ex Invisible War, and Project Snowblind? That might push it a touch too far..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Clearly, then, to underestimate the near-zealous reverence with which Eidos Montreal are treating Deus Ex is to fail to appreciate what the Canadian outfit are not only bringing to this reborn series, but to videogame development as a whole.

Hah.

I'ts going to be like Bioshock except more.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Hah.

I hope not, from what I remember Bioshock was a mess, random crashes, can't change the settings or it crashes, big mess :lol:

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Hah.

I hope not, from what I remember Bioshock was a mess, random crashes, can't change the settings or it crashes, big mess :lol:

Agreed.

Plus the cruddy shooter gameplay and infinite respawns and dull enemies and bad level design and boring weapons.

But there are some who proclaim that Bioshock finally brought "art" to video games.

Dunno about that myself.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

bioshock brought art DESIGN to the forefront of game design in the modern generation. All of a sudden jo-blo gamer cared about aesthetics and decor and not just oooh shiny

bioshock brought art DESIGN to the forefront of game design in the modern generation. All of a sudden jo-blo gamer cared about aesthetics and decor and not just oooh shiny

That doesn't redeem all of it's failings, looks pretty but you can't play it doesn't work for me.

On visual DE doesn't seem to fail, although I'm only judging from the previews it seems to be consistent with it's design. I also love the Adam Jensen design :those mechanical arms: :lol:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Unlike the connoisseur gamers on this forum, who had used it as a last-resort bashing measure since time immemorial. :thumbsup:

:ermm:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif