FO: NV (General Discussion)

Pidesco

5 Fallout companions + the famous dance + ghouls = one music dance video. Have a ghoul day!

...if YT is blocking you, here's a smaller, fuzzier, bad audio version on VideoBash. But it does load a lot faster...

....many many many many hours later, I've reached the saturation point on the Thriller song now, thank you very much...

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

haha, C!

I don't remember the Michael Jackson's video, but yours is great on it's own :lol:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

On Caravan: The game is pretty solid, rules-wise, and there's a depth of strategy you don't get in games something like pazaak. But that depth of strategy was too much for the AI (at least until the patch gets here), so there's no real challenge. And, as mkreku alluded, the PC interface is completely awful-- with no use for the mouse and my right hand on the arrow keys, I feel like I'm playing a game designed in 1991.

Also: Fantastic work, LC. I cracked up at the part when you could see The King watching the show.

Edited by Enoch

5 Fallout companions + the famous dance + ghouls = one music dance video. Have a ghoul day!

...if YT is blocking you, here's a smaller, fuzzier, bad audio version on VideoBash. But it does load a lot faster...

....many many many many hours later, I've reached the saturation point on the Thriller song now, thank you very much...

It's kind of Village People dancing on M. Jackson.

Yeah, Caravan's a great way to make thousands of caps a time and it's stacked in favour because the AI can't use face cards to sabotage your caravans while you can. Biggest challenge is probably to build a tight deck but even then it's quite easy.

I have no idea how roulette works, and the max bet for blackjack's 200. Caravan it is for me.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

AAAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHH!

• 1st game through - Ed-E disappears with my specialty laser equipment and I restart (I can't carry it all because I'm weak and all)
  • 2nd game through - I discover what it means that lasers were nerfed facing high level things and I restart
  • 3rd game through - unarmed works like a charm and I finally after wandering the wastes for many, many hours show up on the strip ready to talk to Mr. House for the first time ever...

...AND VICTOR IS FREAKING LYING DEAD IN THE ROAD AND ALL THE BOTS IN LUCKY 38 BOTS ARE HOSTILE MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO TALK TO MR. HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!111

JUST ONCE I'D LIKE TO ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO COMPLETE THIS GAME THE WAY I WANT TO! GAH!

Now I don't know if I want to restart or just put the thing away for now...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Did you try waiting 3 days and see if the robots all respawn. They often do, and when respawned they're not hostile anymore. They usually go hostile because you went into/did stuff in Vault11 or H&H Tools I think it is.

It's kind of Village People dancing on M. Jackson.

They're different? hawhawhaw...

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I finally beat it! Fantastic ending, its how Fallout 3 should have ended. I loved seeing how every little decision was shown at the end.

Its funny how Fallout 3 and Vegas are opposites as far as the main plot goes. F3 actually started out much more interesting but the plot became ridiculous and the ending was unsatisfying. Vegas plot starts out meh, but becomes much more interesting at the end.

Did you try waiting 3 days and see if the robots all respawn. They often do, and when respawned they're not hostile anymore. They usually go hostile because you went into/did stuff in Vault11 or H&H Tools I think it is.

Haven't went to H&H; went through Vault 11, I think, but the fault seems to be the dead Victor (whether that's triggered by Vault 11 stuff, I dunno).

I'm going to wait 3 days now; not confident it'll help.

You could have just console spawned your equipment back the first game round...:sorcerer:

That would assume I'm playing the game on the PC...which I'm not.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Waiting doesn't do diddly, unfortunately.

I'd already had problems with quests in this game - I wasn't able to finish quests in Camp Forlorn Hope and the Khan camp (in the former because the military guy just stopped recognzing he'd given me a quest; in the later because the person I'm supposed to talk to is nowhere to be found at the location given to find them at).

F3 actually started out much more interesting

:sorcerer:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I agree with this. I was more intrigued by the beginning of Fallout 3 than I was in the beginning of Fallout: New Vegas. But everything was new in Fallout 3, while in Fallout: new Vegas I couldn't wait to go out and explore the world I knew lay waiting for me, so I kind of ignored the main story for the first.. 40 hours or so. That may have had something to do with it.

I vastly prefer New Vegas story to the one in Fallout 3, but you guys are dismissing Fallout 3's strengths too easily.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The reverse for me - playing FO3 I somehow ended up with the idea that dear old daddy might have been the bad guy and played it accordingly - player character all suspicious and careful instead of rushing after him. I might have shot myself in the foot with that theory....

New Vegas was simple but strong motivation - no one shoots me in the head and gets away with it and so needed no encouragement to progress the main plot. Well, that is until my revenge was served at which point the experience more or less plateaued.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Fallout 3's moment of stepping out into the sunlight was cool, seeing that nice open space of things to explore (little did I know it meant fighting zombies in tunnels), but other than that the beginning wasn't that special. I was most disappointed that I couldn't kill Amata after doing her father in.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

(little did I know it meant fighting zombies in tunnels),

that was my favorite part :)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I totally ignored the main quest in FO3 and out of the blue met Sarah Lyons and her posse while wandering in the DC ruins, which unexpectedly led to a fight with a super mutant behemoth. This is something that cannot happen during NV's story, where there are no surprises at all.

Liberty Prime was awesome as well, I've always been disappointed not seeing the Numidium wreak havoc in Daggerfall.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I dunno, I've run into NCR patrols fighting Legion patrols a few times.

Still not as exciting as the Behemoth fight in FO3; but I can appreciate what both games are doing.

Fallout 3s beginning was awful. Like everything about it was so badly written that I couldn't stand it. 90% of it didn't make a lick of sense.

Also as soon as I left the vault I had no desire to find my father except to shoot him. After all, since I don't suppose that rats just magically appear he led them in there. Which also makes him quite frankly a killer. And he betrayed Jonas. $

Also he gave me a gun. To shoot something that shouldn't be there in the first place. INFACT its a MAJOR security issue. Think about all the possible problems like Reproduction, possible disease.

But hey apparently Science Dad is totally cool about it. Its target practice.

Yeah.....

Hahaha

HAhahaHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Arggggggh, I shouldn't think about it too much.

The memories

I always took it that the radroaches were there anyhow and the rats came in when he opened the door to leave.