BioWare's New Game

Maria Caliban

I think it's pretty obvious that it will be about Anderson, Saren etc. Boring and predictable. The idea of the prequel is the dumbest idea of the century. The question of "what happened after?" is a lot more interesting than "what came before?"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I think it's pretty obvious that it will be about Anderson, Saren etc. Boring and predictable. The idea of the prequel is the dumbest idea of the century.

:lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well, you cant expect me to read through 6 pages of crap before making a post. So it's a multiplayer shooter? I hope its good.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well, you cant expect me to read through 6 pages of crap before making a post. So it's a multiplayer shooter? I hope its good.

No, but I can expect you to not pull stuff out of your ass, take a whiff at it and decide that it does, in fact, stink. (Which should be obvious, considering where you pulled it from.)

Well, nevertheless and off-topic... prequels suck. The only thing worse is a midquel, like The Force Unleashed for example (something that takes place simultaneously as the original). In the prequel, the ending is locked, but in the midquel, the entire story is locked form beginning to end.

That seems pretty plausible. It'll help flesh out the Mass Effect universe if you get to find out what REALLY happened with Anderson. Etc .

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

yeah prequels all suck ass, the godfather 2 especially. what a piece of garbage. it would have been 10000x better if they had cut out all the scenes with robert deniro.

/super extreme sarcasm

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

That seems pretty plausible. It'll help flesh out the Mass Effect universe if you get to find out what REALLY happened with Anderson. Etc .

It's already in the book(s), no point in retreading it.

Or this game could be Dragon Effect with an intergalactic Hawke whose adventures are in no way related to the main story but they still take time to make this game instead of focusing on ME3 :*

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

yeah prequels all suck ass, the godfather 2 especially. what a piece of garbage. it would have been 10000x better if they had cut out all the scenes with robert deniro.

/super extreme sarcasm

The Godfather 2 is not a prequel, dude. It has long flashback segments but the main part of the film is all about Michael And Fredo. I cant think of any actual prequel that was any good.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

I liked Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

/shrug

And people think I'm weird.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's already in the book(s), no point in retreading it.

But this time YOU, the player, get to experience it. It'll be a game based on a book based on a game. Genre maker, right there.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I liked Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

/shrug

And people think I'm weird.

I love it. But until 10 min ago I didnt know it was set prior to the first film, so it doesnt count. In fact, no film released before the term "prequel" was invented in the late ninties counts in my opinion

Anyone who likes Temple of Doom is a terrible person. And probably a communist.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I like it too. As entertainment.

But what really always gets me is when people talk about Indy 4 like its the worst movie of all time but completly forget temple of doom. 2&4 have both equal theyre bad and good parts.

Also Marion & Indy Jr. > Annoying Lady & Annoying kid

... And thats completly off-topic.

Edited by C2B

The idea of the prequel is the dumbest idea of the century. The question of "what happened after?" is a lot more interesting than "what came before?"

I have to disagree with this. History is interesting because it allow us to know more about the present. What events lead to this point. Often it's more interesting then "what happend after".

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

I've not played ME, but the guys who have ID'd the weapon as being from the ME universe. So, unless they're recycling art assets for a new IP (extremely unlikely) then I suspect it's ME-themed.

Actually, despite my animus towards McBio, I think (seriously) they'd make a pretty good MP / MMO type game out of Mass Effect even if it did turn into a wierd emo space-opera-dating-site type affair.

Here's the gun in question: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Incisor

There's similarities, but it's a pretty generic sniper rifle, so it could just be incidental... The honeycomb pattern on the armor is about as distinctive, so we have two possible visual cues relating to ME(2). I'm not really convinced, could go either way (ME spin-off, new IP).

I thought it looked more like the generic ones from the first game.

Hammer_SR.png

500x_mass_effect_mp.jpg

Compare.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I don't know a gun from a cannon, but it just looks like your any old scoped rifle, doesn't it?

I'm much more intrigued/amused by the mix of gritty grit and, well, Tunnel Snakes hair. :p

According to the description the Incisor is a relatively recent weapon, so I have a hard time believing it'll be a prequel.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

According to the description the Incisor is a relatively recent weapon, so I have a hard time believing it'll be a prequel.

MFW when people assume that ME devs care about continuity

awesome_smiley_photo_sculpture_phot.jpg

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

MFW when people assume that ME devs care about continuity

awesome_smiley_photo_sculpture_phot.jpg

>Implying this is 4chan.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I like it too. As entertainment.

But what really always gets me is when people talk about Indy 4 like its the worst movie of all time but completly forget temple of doom. 2&4 have both equal theyre bad and good parts.

Also Marion & Indy Jr. > Annoying Lady & Annoying kid

... And thats completly off-topic.

How can you not like DATA? Not the Star Trek one.