The Walking Dead

Monte Carlo

Also, I honestly think the BT channel is responsible for movies having almost simultaneous world wide releases nowadays. Only 10 years ago, we in Sweden would sometimes have to wait up to three years before being able to watch some movies. Then came the internet and now we see the same movies all over the world at the same time. I love it.

Hmm I hadn't thought about that, but it makes sense..

We still get most series about a year behind US (unlike, say, UK or even Sweden). This leads to rather entertaining situations, where box sets are often out before a season even starts here... often the very same box sets that will eventually get released here (Finnish subtitles and all, 'cept I don't use them which gives me even more options) and which can be bought from any European webstore without restriction, thanks to the EU. Still, it means that to legally view them, I'd have to wait almost a year in any case, even if I get to pull of some pretty entertaining marathons (Lost season 6 and Chuck season 3 over the past week or so!) :thumbsup:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm enjoying it. Not sure what's going to distinguish this from an average zombie movie, though, except that it seems to go slower.

So far there has only been 2 episode relationships are barely building amongst characters, third episode it's probably going to be the most emotionally charged.

You know with them returning to pick the guy on the rooftop and finding his wife with his best friend

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'm enjoying it. Not sure what's going to distinguish this from an average zombie movie, though, except that it seems to go slower.

So far there has only been 2 episode relationships are barely building amongst characters, third episode it's probably going to be the most emotionally charged.

You know with them returning to pick the guy on the rooftop and finding his wife with his best friend

If you think fidelity drama is going to be this show's identity among zombie fiction, we can probably all delete our DVR programming right now.

All I'm saying is the show, despite being good, is probably going to need a big hook to not start failing drastically when season two rolls around. Zombies are good and all, but I'm not entirely certain audiences will be interested in a long term one that doesn't go anywhere special (except family drama). I could be wrong, people love cheap drama.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If you think fidelity drama is going to be this show's identity among zombie fiction, we can probably all delete our DVR programming right now.

All I'm saying is the show, despite being good, is probably going to need a big hook to not start failing drastically when season two rolls around. Zombies are good and all, but I'm not entirely certain audiences will be interested in a long term one that doesn't go anywhere special (except family drama). I could be wrong, people love cheap drama.

Then those folk have got the whole show's idea all wrong. It's supposed to be as much about human reactions to the situation as the whole zombie thing, which is much interesting since it hasn't been done to death. This ain't a George Romero social commentary through gore thing, it's purely about the characters.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

"Human reaction" isn't going to be something it can do long term, unless they start replacing their entire cast every couple of episodes. Within two episodes they've almost retread every single common zombie movie trope except for a corrupt guy turning out to be behind it all. And also battle bus.

Edited by Tale

"Human reaction" isn't going to be something it can do long term, unless they start replacing their entire cast every couple of episodes. Within two episodes they've almost retread every single common zombie movie trope except for a corrupt guy turning out to be behind it all. And also battle bus.

2 episodes and you are criticizing it because it's not a good "long term" show. The comic did okay the series will too if they stay on track.

village_idiot.gif

• 3 weeks later...

To anyone who read the comics;

Did they ever explain exactly how this happened? bio-weapon got loose, some random mutation, radioactive spider, etc? Love the first 4 eps I just find it odd grimes has not asked ONE person since he woke up 'wtf happened to cause this?' some kind of explanation, even one done to death, would be nice.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Did they ever explain exactly how this happened? bio-weapon got loose, some random mutation, radioactive spider, etc? Love the first 4 eps I just find it odd grimes has not asked ONE person since he woke up 'wtf happened to cause this?' some kind of explanation, even one done to death, would be nice.

Is not about the explanation of what happened is about the aftermath.

village_idiot.gif

Stopped watching after that illogical scene with the tank. Most people think that was a M1 Abrams, wrong. I mean how stupid is it that the American Civil guard has a British Chieftain tank (in like 2000 and something), and in fact a late model that was an equilent to the American M60 Patton. Onwards the scene in the interior was made in the M109 howitzer which you can clearly see from the turret drive ring in the inside. And on top of that, how can some random Asian guy with a CB radio jump onto a military frequency? What a pile of horse crap :x

I know I'm maybe a bit eccentric, but it's these 'little' things that really turn me off.

Supposedly they did use a Abram's in the longshots. I imagine they decided using a real tank for the close ups would look better than a fake M1, and they were right.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Stopped watching after that illogical scene with the tank. Most people think that was a M1 Abrams, wrong. I mean how stupid is it that the American Civil guard has a British Chieftain tank (in like 2000 and something), and in fact a late model that was an equilent to the American M60 Patton. Onwards the scene in the interior was made in the M109 howitzer which you can clearly see from the turret drive ring in the inside. And on top of that, how can some random Asian guy with a CB radio jump onto a military frequency? What a pile of horse crap :x

And in another scene I think they used a fake zombie, a Mk. IV when we all know real zombies are MK. X

know I'm maybe a bit eccentric.
You said it!

sonsofgygax.JPG

2 episodes and you are criticizing it because it's not a good "long term" show. The comic did okay the series will too if they stay on track.

I wasn't criticizing. If, at any point, I ever claim that shows needs to be "long term," call the cops because someone has murdered me and stolen my identity.

Comic books don't work the same as TV shows. Otherwise the 1950s superman show would still be running.

I think the show has gotten off to a good start, the only problem I have with it is that it's a TV show. Everything automatically reverts to default at the end of each episode (or two parter if they are getting really adventurous) and nothing ever shakes the basic premise.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Is not about the explanation of what happened is about the aftermath.

I get that. However don't you find it odd neither has he asked anyone WTF happened nor anyone who lived though it has talked about it. To me that stands out like a sore thumb a lot more then using the wrong tank in a shot (and this as someone who was in the army). If you just woke up for a month long coma and saw the end of the world and then stumbled upon some other survivors wouldn't the first thing you ask them is what I miss? Look at the tv show jericho. 1/2 the show was them trying to find info of what happened after the disaster. Because info like that is also practical. The more intel you have the better you have at surviving in such a environment.

World of Darkness News

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

I know I'm maybe a bit eccentric, but it's these 'little' things that really turn me off.

Maybe it was from a museum, pressed into service. Which is why it broke.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Single most illogical reason for not liking a TV show that I have ever heard.

They should kill of the kid, the lead's son, that would really make the audience believe that anything can happen.

Not to spoil anything, but then they would diverge very far from the comic, the kid has a very central role to play in the overall story and moral - but reading this thread it sound like they have anyway? Rick never gets inside the tank in the comic, he just runs away and meets Glenn (the Asian kid) in an alley.

Fortune favors the bald.

I am an AFV nerd, seriously. That scene was so good I never even noticed what kind of tank it was, I just assumed it was an M1.

Getting AFVs wrong in war movies = fail. Getting it a bit wrong in a zombie horror show? So what?

sonsofgygax.JPG

They should kill of the kid, the lead's son, that would really make the audience believe that anything can happen.

Not to spoil anything, but then they would diverge very far from the comic, the kid has a very central role to play in the overall story and moral - but reading this thread it sound like they have anyway? Rick never gets inside the tank in the comic, he just runs away and meets Glenn (the Asian kid) in an alley.

The exec producer says they are going to loosely follow the comic threads and use it as a guide but make some changes along the way. He said he feels comfy as long as the plots in the comics are for the most part followed they can make changes to the details to make it more interesting for tv. So yes in the comic he may not have went into the tank but in the show he did. But in the end he ended up in the same place. With glenn in the store. Point made. :thumbsup:

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

That is not to say that a Milla Jovovich without superpowers would not be a good thing.

You could put a picture of Milla on a pile of dog poop and I would still cuddle it. There is nothing I wouldn't watch with Milla in it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!