The funny things thread Part 2

Rosbjerg

No tip ? Damn. Well maybe it's rolled into service charge.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No tip ? Damn. Well maybe it's rolled into service charge.

Looks like about $ 96 on the receipt right there.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The service charge is the tip. The $96 dollar charge is for two 6-packs of Fiji water at $48.00 per 6-pack.

Hm, why have a gratuity field then. Ah well. I wish I had that money to blow on booze. Could pay off my student loans :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The service charge is the tip. The $96 dollar charge is for two 6-packs of Fiji water at $48.00 per 6-pack.

Hm, why have a gratuity field then. Ah well. I wish I had that money to blow on booze. Could pay off my student loans :)

Here in the states, restaurants / bars will often automatically add in a gratuity if the party is larger than X amount of people. Thoughful of them huh? Its a common occurance that people do not notice that "service charge" and add in a tip manually, thus tipping twice.

Random trivia of the day. Do you know what "tips" stands for? To Insure Prompt Service.

Ahh ok. Never experience that here. My receipts always had a Tip field. Guess I need to vary my restaurant choices and frequency. Heh, was nice when I went to MS for an interview, had $50 left over for food budget so I decided what the hey and gave the waitress that as a tip for a $30 meal. Luckily they didn't notice that on the review :)

The difference between the final total and the amount charged in about 96 $. So, obviously they were very happy with the service, rounding it off with an extr 96 after the $ 3000 tip. :sorcerer:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Ah, they do the gratuity for large groups here. Asked a coworker who wastes his money eating out every night (he maintains this is cheaper than cooking at home - still think he's a lazy bastard), figured he'd be more aware of this. And d'oh for not noticing the tip amount.

Ah, they do the gratuity for large groups here. Asked a coworker who wastes his money eating out every night (he maintains this is cheaper than cooking at home - still think he's a lazy bastard), figured he'd be more aware of this. And d'oh for not noticing the tip amount.

Geez, I eat out maybe once a month. There is no way it is cheaper than cooking at home. I spend about $10 to feed a family of 4 when we dine in, the only way I do that by eating out is going to a hotdog stand every night.

251113-20110611-lwp37K.jpg

Love it. :shifty:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

251113-20110611-lwp37K.jpg

heh my brother sent me that a while ago

amusing, but that's not Odin :lol:

It's taken from Age of Mythology.

tumblr_ksb03scyHt1qanli7o1_500.jpg

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

heh - I've seen the one about Christianity before .. the Atheist one needs to switch out magic with coincidentally or something similar. It's atheism after all.

Fortune favors the bald.

atheism.jpg

COUNTER

That's not atheism.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

If something ending in dinosaurs isn't atheism, I don't want to be an atheist anymore.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If something ending in dinosaurs isn't atheism, I don't want to be an atheist anymore.

Hardcore creationist believe in dinosaurs.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

atheism.jpg

COUNTER

That's not atheism.

your point? what calax posted wasn't christianity. but those two pictures are older than the internet. deal with it like i dealt with Calax's post. lol. this is a funny things thread not a religious debate, keep it that way, if you can't laugh at a ridiculous over simplification of your own belief system do not bring someone else's up in the first place

Edited by Krookie