What are you playing now

Gorth

She's everyone's favorite. Though I also like Jerro and wish Obsidian would do another forgotten realms game just so they could use Mephasm again.

honestly, she annoyed the **** outta me :(

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

She's everyone's favorite. Though I also like Jerro and wish Obsidian would do another forgotten realms game just so they could use Mephasm again.

honestly, she annoyed the **** outta me :(

That might be because you're a soulless communist.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

honestly, she annoyed the **** outta me :)

That might be because you're a soulless communist.

Our insectoid friend would beg to differ.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Halo Reach. Really has to be one of the best shooters ever so far.

Hahahaha.

It's a good game. Strong campaign, co-op, firefight.

Halo 2 and 3 more or less sucked. If you don't like Halo 1 though, there's no help for you. Anyways, Reach is an improvement in almost every way, except they can't capture the spirit of the original. True, the narrative so far is just a series of assignment, but IMO story isn't that important in a shooter, unless it's really annoying, which this one isn't.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Halo Reach. Really has to be one of the best shooters ever so far.

Hahahaha.

It's a good game. Strong campaign, co-op, firefight.

Maybe. But my impression I got from playing Halo 1 and Halo 3 is that Bungie has no clue about narrative, level design or world/lore building. Everything feels cheap and average in Halo.

Oh there is pleanty wrong with Halo in general, but I don't think that they've struggled to build lore. Sure bad level design at times, The artwork is consistant mind, and the narrative is as good as any other shooter thats dominant on consoles.

As with CoD it's all about multiplayer... I don't like either franchises much, but Halo nailed one this really well, and that was controls, it proved fps's could be done well on console so long as you have lots of nice aiming aids like sticky targets etc...

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

i have never liked halo because of the level design. I have played 1-3 but i'm skipping reach after being disappointed three times in a row. if i want to play a multiplayer shooter i'll play left 4 dead2 or team fortress 2.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Halo Reach has the best level design of the franchise, alongside ODST.

And by that I mean it has no flood levels.

I have to disagree that it's all about multiplayer. I can't fathom that multiplayer was given a lot of thought. It focuses on one gun. Imagine if Starcraft multiplayer only had one balanced unit. It'd be very competitive. But very repetitive. Weapon balance simply wasn't a consideration.

Edited by Tale

i have never liked halo because of the level design. I have played 1-3 but i'm skipping reach after being disappointed three times in a row. if i want to play a multiplayer shooter i'll play left 4 dead2 or team fortress 2.

I don't disagree.

Yes, or most shooters for that matter.
That's not the only reason, but it's sure a nice bonus. Actually flood is OK in small doses, but it was way overdone in 2 and 3.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Yes, or most shooters for that matter.
That's not the only reason, but it's sure a nice bonus. Actually flood is OK in small doses, but it was way overdone in 2 and 3.

And one... They were just plain bad.

i remember the level design in halo 1 was atrocious, wasnt that the game that had you moving back and forth through a giant tunnel like area (a library?) for almost 2 hours?

its been so many years since i played it so my memory is very hazy, i just remember thinking the game (other than the graphics and the regenerating health) was not even as good as perfect dark (and nowhere near half life)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i remember the level design in halo 1 was atrocious, wasnt that the game that had you moving back and forth through a giant tunnel like area (a library?) for almost 2 hours?

its been so many years since i played it so my memory is very hazy, i just remember thinking the game (other than the graphics and the regenerating health) was not even as good as perfect dark (and nowhere near half life)

Hm, I tried to play Perfect Dark when they re-released it, but found it so primitive it's virtually unplayable. Yes Halo did make you run through corridors in both directions towards the middle of the game, the reason being they run out of time to make more content. And yes, the alien spaceship level could get kind of boring, and everyone seems to hate the Library, although I thought it wasn't bad as a change of pace. But there were also many great and seemingly original levels, I'm surprised someone wouldn't like them, but to each his own.

I haven't noticed any Reach levels having particularly bad design so far. It's pretty cool, very fun in co-op (especially Iron mode) - think I have about 2 levels left. Flood is gone, Elites are back, Firefight's been expanded. Some of the new stuff (little bonuses, really) is pretty neat too (jetpack, space battles). It's probably the ultimate Halo for the Halo fan, though I doubt it'd change anyone's mind who wasn't already a fan. I'd rate it above 1/2/3, but not sure I'd necessarily take it above ODST (not playing as a Spartan made the gameplay feel pretty different). Halo co-op is some of my favorite FPS gaming, so I'm pretty content.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

TF2. Ended up fighting a bit with tale (usually got demolished but then, it seemed like anytime I saw him three rockets were already about to hit my face).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

TF2. Ended up fighting a bit with tale (usually got demolished but then, it seemed like anytime I saw him three rockets were already about to hit my face).

I demanded tribute and you gave none! For that the penalty was pain!

Pity you were stuck on RED team. Silly RED team.

Edited by Tale