Wikileaks founder framed for rape?

Kaftan Barlast

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange accused of rape

Julian Assange Julian Assange was cited as saying the release of the allegations was "deeply disturbing"Swedish authorities say they have issued an arrest warrant for Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, on accusations of rape and molestation. The warrant was issued late on Friday, said Karin Rosander, communications head at Sweden's prosecutors' office. Swedish police have been trying to contact Mr Assange, but have not yet been able to, she told the BBC. Wikileaks, criticised for leaking Afghan war documents, quoted him saying the charges were "without basis". The message, which appeared on Twitter and was attributed directly to Mr Assange, said the appearance of the allegations "at this moment is deeply disturbing".

In a series of other messages posted on the Wikileaks Twitter feed, the whistle-blowing website said: "No-one here has been contacted by Swedish police", and that it had been warned to expect "dirty tricks".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-11047025

Imo, this is just a blatant attempt to undermine Wikileaks credibility and turn public opinion against them. With the trial against the pirate bay founders, it was clear the USA has the power to influence our judicial system, but this is just something out of a film. This is a critical point in time for wikileaks as they have recently applied for a swedish publishing license, which would mean their confidential sources and whistleblowers would be protected by swede and EU law.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I don't think we can form an opinion on the claims at this stage.

What I find actually disturbing is the way that a private individual felt themselves so keenly appointed by virtue of intellect and conscience that they violated a freely given oath of security to post information which brightened the dim spark of public political conscience for a brief moment, and has done lasting harm to the war effort.

Rape, unless on a massive scale pales by comparison with what the leaked data is doing to those who have worked with the coalition.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The DA has retracted the arrest warrant now, but Assange remains under suspicion. Theres speculation that it was a "honey trap" setup job by a foreign intelligence service.

And the documents Wikileaks have made public are atleast 6 months old so their publication wont ruin any current operation. The accusations that wikileaks are to blame for civilian or miliary casualties are probably complete bogus. I believe its aboslutely essential that the general public is aware of just how dirty war really is, wether its screw-ups or intentional malevolence.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

But even documents 6 month old can reveal things.. Like potential informants, how things are structured... things that keep going even a year or three down the road. That's what can lead to potential deaths and further troubles.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

All the Afghans who worked with NATO in those documents are now under a death sentence from Taliban thanks to those ****. Even all the human rights organizations have said so, but I suppose they're all US agents also.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

While I do find this underhanded tactics dirty and ignoble, I agree with Wrath of Dagon on this one. It's not like the United States have been the only one protesting against Wikileaks releasing the documents, and there are far more meaty reasons than just covering up the fact that war is dirty (as if there was anyone that didn't know, I guess).

That said, again, assuming there has been a guiding hand in this, it's something that should never happen in a civilized country.

Let's put it this way. He may or may not be a rapist (the accusation is highly suspect); but either way he is an absolute douche of the highest order.

Sure, freedom of the press is cool; but freedom to help others die because of your big mouth is not.

It's kinda like blabbing the whereabouts of someone in protective custody and it leading to that person's murder. Tsk, tsk.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The charges have now been officially withdrawn, depending on how well the 'foreign intelligence service' looks after its people, there may or may not be a purgery trial.

And so far there havent been a single death linked to any document being published on Wikileaks. Its so just fear mongering from the US military, who are desperate to keep other incidents like the baghdad helicopter attack a secret. They have to get public opinion on their side, and that is the only valid argument that they have since no one is buying the 'national security' schtick anymore.

Theres speculation that it was a "honey trap" setup job by a foreign intelligence service.

In which case the man is a buffoon and it serves him right, given what he has gone and done. People braver than he'll ever be are probably being hunted down and tortured as we speak because of his actions, so tough.

sonsofgygax.JPG

And so far there havent been a single death linked to any document being published on Wikileaks.

Because, what you do when managing leaked security information, is give a running commentary to the other side as to it's veracity.

Duh.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Theres speculation that it was a "honey trap" setup job by a foreign intelligence service.

In which case the man is a buffoon and it serves him right, given what he has gone and done. People braver than he'll ever be are probably being hunted down and tortured as we speak because of his actions, so tough.

So we judge a man's character by his ability to refuse advances by secret agent hussies. I would fail miserably I fear. Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

But even documents 6 month old can reveal things.. Like potential informants, how things are structured... things that keep going even a year or three down the road. That's what can lead to potential deaths and further troubles.

All the Afghans who worked with NATO in those documents are now under a death sentence from Taliban thanks to those ****. Even all the human rights organizations have said so, but I suppose they're all US agents also.

All names of civilian informants et.c. are cut out in the wikileaks documents.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Why are we assuming this is a set up. I mean, yes, it seems convenient, but do we know what happened.

Thing that suggest it was a setup:

* This surfaced at a critical point in time, when the authorities handling WL's publishing permit would be most susceptible to public opinion. It also reached the media strangely quick, almost at the same time the arrest warrant was issued.

* Apparently there was no evidence whatsoever, and the two girls have retracted their statements. It is highly unusual for a DA to withdraw an arrest warrant and close a case this quick.

* The rapes were supposed to have ocurred last week, yet the girls waited to report this to the authorities until yesterday friday evening. Coincidentally, doing that will assure that the news item has maximum time to spread before the police could look into the incident and find out it was bogus. News that happen just before a weekend also tend to be noticed more since people are at home and have time to read papers and watch news.

* There is no evidence that Julian Assange was anywhere near the two girls at the time the rapes are supposed to have happened.

* The two girls initially denied knowing eachother reporting to the police friday evening, but later admitted they were friends. The older one of them has apparently changed her mind again, claiming she had no relationship with the other younger woman. This behaviour makes no sense except if it was to attempt to stall and obstruct the investigation.

There is always the option that he is guilty, there is also the option that he became the victim of a pair of "groupies" wanting a bit of fame for themselves... happens to rock bands all the time, but I suppose it is more fun to think up big conspiracy theories, even if the guy has no redeeming qualities.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You don't actually need names to figure out who an informant is. If you've got what information they provided, the area they provided it in.. you can just work the analysis back to figure it out..and the more information you have that they provided the easier it becomes..

Okay, it's more of a slog, but even the Taliban must have some form of counter-intelligence working to figure out moles, informants, and such-like.

Even just knowing that "this" information was provided to the enemy makes you start looking around to see who might have given it up.. which makes it even harder for the informant to provide further data..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

One of the things that was said when the leak first happened was that "Well, this is stuff we already know!" wasn't it?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Where are you getting that information from? Every report I've seen stated the contrary.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Like Assange could rape anybody. Paris Hilton has more testosteron..

All over her o:)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

This kind of stuff is really sad, even when there's no major 'sinister gov't agenda' to back them up.

There was a recent Finnish statistic, according to which 20 % of rape charges were proven to be made up by the putative victims. And this is based on those that can be proven to be false, there's always the middle ground where you don't have the evidence either way... Sick.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Have any of you actually read the documents they're talking about? I went throuhg about 20 reports on operations in Afghanistan this year and the only people mentioned by name were those who must already be known to the taliban. Such as district governors, police chiefs etc.

In an interview with Al-Jazeera, Assange said that he had been contacted by Australian intelligence with a warning that another intelligence service was planning a smear campaign against him http://english.aljazeera.net/news/europe/2...5529927326.html

Edited by Kaftan Barlast