RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!, just a dumping ground

http://kotaku.com/5620282/george-lucas-sui...ol-tech-company

Lucas calming he has proprietary control over anything mildly jedi (including robes and mind tricks) even if they are not under specific copyright.

And in a double whammy it looks like there is going to be some fighting against used sales in the VERY near future. (also steam still rocks).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Apparently Jason Bergman (Bethesda Softworks senior producer, working on Fallout : New Vegas) heard that something cool is going to be announced at PAX, but is not from Bethesda.

While I doubt it, I'm wondering if the fact that he works closely with Obsidian made him hear something about the next unannounced project..

http://kotaku.com/5620282/george-lucas-sui...ol-tech-company

Lucas calming he has proprietary control over anything mildly jedi (including robes and mind tricks) even if they are not under specific copyright.

What's funnier is that they actually hold the trademark for "droid" :shifty:

The droid (Motorola Android phones) specifically mention using it under license. Which I thought was bizarre when I saw the legal.

I support enforcement of the trademark in this case, since it's using the Jedi name, but "levitating" is utter nonse.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/08/25/elementa...stay-well-away/

So Elemental is a POS..apparently ? Wardell's "glad" comment is yet more garbage from PCG though, he's happy about people finding bugs. Gee, wonder why ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It looks pretty bad at the moment, but apparently Stardock has already released a patch and will probably continue releasing them.

PCG has indeed been going down the drain for a while, even their podcast sucks now.

Edited by Purkake

Zombie RPG implies to me that you're playing as the Zombie. Now that could be a new subgenre.

Edited by Tale

Hmh, Dead State sounds like an intresting game and the graphics are way better than I expected. Especially since isn't that the team working on that game like smaller than 10 people? Gotta wonder also, why hasn't there been any zombie rpgs before...

Hate the living, love the dead.

Hmh, Dead State sounds like an intresting game and the graphics are way better than I expected. Especially since isn't that the team working on that game like smaller than 10 people? Gotta wonder also, why hasn't there been any zombie rpgs before...

We don't just need Zombie RPGs. I fantasize about a Zombie Evil Genius type game.

Honestly, I can't see an AAA rpg designed like this one. It simply wouldn't appeal to many.

Well not like that. But say like Fallout 3 with better mechanics, writing and c&c. Instant hit.

Wondering if you'll really be the leader in this game, not the errand boy every self-important ass in the shelter trying to please everyone.

If Miss Universe 2010 demands 3 rations a day can I drag her whiny ass out in the field to help loot?

Can I tell the whiny losers in the shelter to STFU, I'm the one going out getting myself killed to feed them who don't do anything?

Time will tell.

It would still be an RPG without quest givers, stable settlements, an epic story, etc...

Umm and why? Why can't you have quest givers in a zrpg? Or settlements? It's not like you are the only survivor unless you want to make such a dumb design choice. Epic story... yeah well that could be tricky one. Unless you want it to be about a cure, but that would be total cliche :x

Thankfully the zombie craze has mostly died down by now. We have had enough zombie things for a good long while now.

We lack any good zombie strategy games or sims.

Edited by Tale

It would still be an RPG without quest givers, stable settlements, an epic story, etc...

Umm and why? Why can't you have quest givers in a zrpg? Or settlements? It's not like you are the only survivor unless you want to make such a dumb design choice. Epic story... yeah well that could be tricky one. Unless you want it to be about a cure, but that would be total cliche :x

"THE ONLY CURE IS DEATH AND FIRE!" you shout while walking down the corridors of your shelter, incinerating every so-called survivor you encounter. As the smell of burning meat and smoke rises you let out a laugh only a wo/man who has shed his sanity can, and raise your trusty pistol to your head.

The infection will end today.

*Roll credits*