Good Bye Interplay Boards

Cantousent

Hey, I was never angry with you, taks. I'm sensitive enough to know that I cannot judge my fellow man. I must learn to empathize with him and understand his feelings.

As for the ILG, I say our first course of action is to steal the Jefferson source code. Yes, YESH Bwahahahahaha :)

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

yes, but jackal said his/her alt is Doomsayer a few posts above... that confused me.
Be confused no more. It was a morsel of facetious evidence designed to corroborate with my supposed status as a whiny anti-Interplay naysayer, and nothing more.

The one thing I've always wondered about you, Jackalmonkey is: are you a jackal, or a monkey, or both? There's something not right.
Of course it doesn't seem right; none of the things I am are even mentioned in your post. Hey, let's rant. Ranting is fun.

Points to keep in mind:

1. I don't role-play in fora that aren't for the specific purpose of roleplaying,

2. I don't post "in character" (excepting a persona that is close enough to 'me' that the differences are negligible),

3. I don't use gimmicks (outside of a anticipatory self-deprecating defense mechanism), and

4. I don't have a fricking catch phrase.

Were I to engage in such tedious idiocy, I imagine my posts would look something like this:

Hidey-frigging-ho, all ya yahoos and up-tah-no-gooders! I'm yer rough-an'-tough friendly neighborhood Jackalmonkey... an' I

A dull boy.

Being an Evil Old Dwarf is easier...

"For The Love Of Carnage And Discord, I Bring Annihilation And Cheap Beer!" - Mad Dwarf

"Watch that howling1. His sig used to eat cities." - Synaesthesia

"Beat me with a wet noodle huh? " - Feargus Urquhart

"the term "Board Troll" ain't a thing ta be proud o', lads" - Sargallath Abraxium

"The line between comedy and tragedy is pretty thin in these parts." - Overseer

" Grrr... ...Argh." - Darque

To be fair, I do find some of the styles here interesting. ...But I also find them fatiguing. When someone develops a role and sticks with it, you're always dealing with a role.

On the other hand, no one can claim that they are the exact person online that they are in real life. I don't know what any of this has to do with the now defunct Interplay boards, but I like your comedian "persona" Jackalmonkey.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

What makes one think that I'm not *really* an Evil Old Dwarf?

( People, I may *not* be acting. )

"For The Love Of Carnage And Discord, I Bring Annihilation And Cheap Beer!" - Mad Dwarf

"Watch that howling1. His sig used to eat cities." - Synaesthesia

"Beat me with a wet noodle huh? " - Feargus Urquhart

"the term "Board Troll" ain't a thing ta be proud o', lads" - Sargallath Abraxium

"The line between comedy and tragedy is pretty thin in these parts." - Overseer

" Grrr... ...Argh." - Darque

What makes one think that I'm not *really* an Evil Old Dwarf?

( People, I may *not* be acting. )

No, I see the persona thing as someone who posts in some sort of distinctive accent or some such. The only one that irritates me is Sarge. ...And, hell, even his doesn't bother me that much. Really, as long as I understand what the other guy is saying, I'm okay with it.

Obsidian Plays

It seems that we over at Ashford City are getting all of Interplay's moderators, Melodie, MsKitty and Majestic all joined within the last couple of days. :D

You really do need to focus on the more important things in life, Petor. Like the fact that Winterwind has JE Sawyer and Puuk as registered members :blink:

With the exception of Ms. Kitty, Majestic and Melodie are active members of WW as well, so I really do not see what your "point" is if there really is one.

They're bloody message boards, Petor.. internet message boards, not a religion.

newlogo.gif

Word, Phosphor.

EDIT: He's from NZ. Whaddaya expect?

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Hey, there's plenty of good will to go around. I'd probably hang out at AC every now and then, but these message boards are just too time consuming as it is. One more just isn't in the cards. AC's a good enough place.

Obsidian Plays

AC's a good enough place.

It certainly seems to be - I have absolutely nothing against them, but Petor23 takes it so seriously it's kinda fun to play along in the little ACvsWW joke.

For the most part, the two boards are pretty much the same.

newlogo.gif

Hey, I was never angry with you, taks.

???

never thought you were.

gotcha jackal... [/confusion]

phew, much better now. just your typical run of the mill weirdness at best.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

ok ok sorry to hold up this urgent interforum flame war. So here goes

I. yo mama

II.

a.

First off, every one is entitled to an opinion. Even someone and lacking in intellect and wit as you.

Second, I sold my shares when IPLY axed BIS.

Third, the only reason I even made that reply to Sawyer is because I didn't want to bruise his already fragile ego and some people said I was too mean to him and he might be sad.

Fourth, who are you and do you have a fragile ego.

Fifth, are you going to cry now too?

b. ? Where'd all that come from? Seriously, you'd be better off addressing your numerous issues with a therapist rather than with me.

III. Spending any more time on you manly men (another '?') of Winterwind would be cause for weeping. Like what I see of "Eldar": mid-30's, unemployed, bleak future prospects, begs on video game message boards for a job as a game tester, etc. I'll pass on your creepy little freakshow, thanks. I'm sure to miss out on Josan-Shareholder-With-Hope's hot stock tips and the kind of dazzling conversation your forums are deservedly world-famous for, but I'll survive somehow.

IV. bu bye

Ouch!

To quote Eldar:

"Now that's an **** I'd like to beat on for a while"

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

What kind of person visits Internet message boards with (presumably) his sole purpose being to insult various members of said message boards? What does that say about one's character? Further, since when is an individual's worth measured solely by one's state of employment or lack there-of? By his mid-30s Ghandi was too busy leading his peaceful revolution to continue his law career, Mother Teresa had already devoted her life to aiding the Untouchables in India, Hemmingway was a drunken adventurer whose writings merely served to launch his next trip, and Jesus was an itinerant minister and healer who relied solely on the donations of individuals and didn't even have a home. I would hesitate to cast aspersions on any of these individuals, as each has had a tremendous positive impact on our lives and world history and culture, and yet these individuals would quite obviously fail to pass the criteria which you, Buns, are using to judge Eldar. From all that I have seen of him over the past several years, Eldar is a gentleman, intelligent, and has always been willing to be kind to those who are kind to him; in my opinion, and I'm sure that many others feel the same way, Eldar has proven to be a person of worth, and one which many are glad to call "friend". In the future, I would recommend keeping your insults to yourself.

:angry:

I dunno, I'm from New Zealand as well, what exactly would I be expected to do?

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

:angry:

I dunno, I'm from New Zealand as well, what exactly would I be expected to do?

Yeah, what is it exactly you New Zealanders do?

I don't exactly know.

Was someone expecting me to do a seductive dance for them with a rubber chicken?

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*