Good Bye Interplay Boards

Cantousent

The real question is whether any of the Interplay stockholders will think they have grounds for a lawsuit - perhaps claiming Herve milked the real value of Interplay to his other holdings in exchange for overvalued debt, essentially sucking off the investments of the minority Interplay stockholders.

I'm not saying that is what happened, just that some people might think so.

:unsure:

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

...Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah...

...Nah, NAh, NAH, NAH...

...WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVVEEEEE...

...GOODBYE!!!...

...hehehe...Karma, who knew...hehehe... :unsure:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Taks, let me use a blasphenmous Ontarian analogy.

If the Maple Leafs were moved to Cinnicinati; I still wouldn't cry about it.

*waits for all the fanatical Leaf fans to kill him*

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

On the other hand, this could facilitate the sale of certain engines, licenses and possibly unfinished games in the near future.

On the other hand, this could facilitate the sale of certain engines, licenses and possibly unfinished games in the near future.

I am curious is that will happen, and what things will be sold, ie will they sell partially done games? or just the licenses and engines?

Never underestimate Herve's ability to screw the fans in the worst way possible...

"For The Love Of Carnage And Discord, I Bring Annihilation And Cheap Beer!" - Mad Dwarf

"Watch that howling1. His sig used to eat cities." - Synaesthesia

"Beat me with a wet noodle huh? " - Feargus Urquhart

"the term "Board Troll" ain't a thing ta be proud o', lads" - Sargallath Abraxium

"The line between comedy and tragedy is pretty thin in these parts." - Overseer

" Grrr... ...Argh." - Darque

Well, I must say as far as "I Hate Interplay" sentiment, this is a big yawner. That's probably a good thing. I think my feelings are ambivalent, but not for the reasons that others might feel that way. It's a tough economy all around. Even those of us that arrange shrubbery are feeling the pinch. In the scope of current world events, even the framework of this apparant global recession, to suggest it would be a minor footnote in the history texts is to inflate the expected impact of the event itself.

Well, enough teasing. I only visited the boards to ask people to not attack the company occasionally. I didn't want so ignoble an ending as what lead to the axing of the community boards in the first place. They haven't exactly been producing games I want to buy either. I still have that voice in my head that says "Gee, that's too bad" but it has been a long drawn out death, not surprising except to the easily surprised sort. I just hope this isn't an indication of a recession of the spirit of PC games. It's been so long since I've come across a title that so enthralled met hat it even kept me up late let alone provoked the old feelings that I used to get when I'd stay up all night playing, go to work the next day, then stay up late playing some more. The only thrill I've received from recent titles is going on the message boards and talking about how bad they sucked. I hope that trend does not continue, or I might actually be annoyed.

So, you don't like games but get a kick out of coming to boards to complain. Oh, and you get a kick out of complaining about the complainers. *shrug* okay.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

So, you don't like games but get a kick out of coming to boards to complain. Oh, and you get a kick out of complaining about the complainers. *shrug* okay.

I once had respect for you Eldar, but that was a pretty dumb thing to post. I've been forced to reevaluate my opinion.

Respect from an Internet Message Board Geek? I seriosuly doubt Eldar is crying over the loss of it. Boo hoo.

Yes Volourn. Coming from you I feel mortally wounded. I was there when you were banned from BIS. I found your clumsy explanations when these boards first opened amd you were campaigning for modship rather humerous. With you, respect never enters the equation.

That came off as a little harsh I guess. My post was more an expression of confussion than anything else.

For the record, I'd rather be respected than hated. Sometimes that choice is out of my hands.

At any rate, I didn't mean to instigate any flamings.

As for Vol.... He's a real message board warrior. Me, I'm a message board wimp and so I'll just reread your comments until I understand them better.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Well, I was surprised to see what appeared to be a troll effort from you Eldar. If you try to read the first part as being overly serious, you would be confused.

EDIT: And I suppose I do owe Volourn an apology. It's easy to slip back into character from the time when it was me against the entire BIS board.

Taks, let me use a blasphenmous Ontarian analogy.

If the Maple Leafs were moved to Cinnicinati; I still wouldn't cry about it.

*waits for all the fanatical Leaf fans to kill him*

:D

Like that's ever gonna happen!

:)

Hmm...

;)

*Paints Volourn blue and white and puts him on a bus to Ottawa*

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Why would anyone wish *WOE* on poor little old Cinncinati? :huh:

"For The Love Of Carnage And Discord, I Bring Annihilation And Cheap Beer!" - Mad Dwarf

"the term "Board Troll" ain't a thing ta be proud o', lads" - Sargallath Abraxium

*sniff* Poor little old Cincinnati. Ever since WKRP went off the air it just ain't been the same Cincy at all. :huh:

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

:huh: