Fallout Online

Ausir

I am, sorta. It's still built on the framework of fo3, which I had to tweak the bajeebus out of to make tolerable.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

I thought you were all drooling over New Vegas?
Only because New Vegas appears to be a step in the right direction. Fallout 3 have done irrevocable harm to Fallout in almost every department, but we can only work with what we've got. Small victories, I suppose.

t50aJUd.jpg

I do find it funny that people seem to get really upset that a sequel to one of their favourite games doesn't pan out, and would rather the franchise "stay dead," when functionally if they hadn't bothered to pick up the sequel (which many had already decried would not be very good anyways) it'd be exactly the same as though the sequel had not been made.

I do find it funny that people seem to get really upset that a sequel to one of their favourite games doesn't pan out, and would rather the franchise "stay dead," when functionally if they hadn't bothered to pick up the sequel (which many had already decried would not be very good anyways) it'd be exactly the same as though the sequel had not been made.

Every tr00 fallout fan knows how Fallout 3 travelled back in time and made orginal Fallouts worse. Their complaints are totally legimate.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

A widely successful "sequel" that has little in common with the original makes an eventual faithful sequel even less likely than there being no sequel at all for a while.

Anyway, here's some new FOOL bits:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Au...letter_contents

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Au..._secret_bonuses

I think some of you are making FO3 to be some kind of eldritch abomination that crawled out of Fallout's grave and molested all your childhoods. In truth it is a decent game and could have turned out much much worse with most other studios.

Every tr00 fallout fan knows how Fallout 3 travelled back in time and made orginal Fallouts worse. Their complaints are totally legimate.

Like this NSFW gif with Spider-Man

I think some of you are making FO3 to be some kind of eldritch abomination that crawled out of Fallout's grave and molested all your childhoods. In truth it is a decent game and could have turned out much much worse with most other studios.

Fallout 3 was a okay game and definately a good find from sales bin.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

"could have turned out much much worse with most other studios."

Doubtful. FO3 is a crap game just like every other ES series game. It's also the reason why FO:LV will be the first Obsidian game I won't be buying until the price drops significantly. Bethesda is eaisly the worst ever 'successful' company I'

ve ever seen.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Seeing as you live in bizarro world, this doesn't really come as a surprise.

I'm sure Fallout: The Cover Based Corridor Shooter and Fallout: The Hack and Slash would have been much better.

I do wonder what Bioware would have done with the license, though...

The evil ancient Chinese Empire will reemerge to attack America and your (optionally vaguely messianic) character has to join the elite Brotherhood of Steel to stop them (only after all kinds of riff-raff flocks to your heroic-awesome 1/10 charisma and/or willpower, of course).

Duh.

The evil ancient Chinese Empire will reemerge to attack America and your (optionally vaguely messianic) character has to join the elite Brotherhood of Steel to stop them (only after all kinds of riff-raff flocks to your heroic-awesome 1/10 charisma and/or willpower, of course).

Duh.

But would there be romances?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Seeing as you live in bizarro world, this doesn't really come as a surprise.

I'm sure Fallout: The Cover Based Corridor Shooter and Fallout: The Hack and Slash would have been much better.

Troika was pretty close to getting Activision to get the Fallout license for them before Bethesda outbid them. And the failure to do so was one of the reasons Troika died.

They would have died anyway after releasing Fallout: The Extra Buggy version.

Bethesda was the only way to salvage some RPG elements while having financial success.

No.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

A compelling and well thought out argument, good sir.

I can't believe how bitter some people still are about the FO3 business. It's been 3 years, get over yourselves already.

Edited by Purkake

A compelling and well thought out argument, good sir.

I can't believe how bitter some people still are about the FO3 business. It's been 3 years, get over yourselves already.

Sorry, "No." was short for "No, you'd have to completely ignore the reality that there was more than one financially sound, competent, and interested party bidding for the license, in order to take up that position."

I thought you'd pick up that. -_-

They would have died anyway after releasing Fallout: The Extra Buggy version.

Bethesda was the only way to salvage some RPG elements while having financial success.

Not necessarily, a fairly successful Fallout game could have saved them. Of course it wouldn't be as popular as Bethesda's, but I don't really care about it having mainstream appeal at the cost of appeal to my own tastes.

And even if Troika had died afterwards, even one more Troika game would be awesome. And it's not as if Bethesda's FO3 isn't extra buggy too.

As for the second part, it simply isn't true.

Edited by Ausir