Music

Walsingham

Well, I saw Iron Maiden last night. Dream Theater opened for them, and really, I can't stand James LaBrie's voice - especially live. He sounds like he's whining.

Iron Maiden was fantastic, though.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Well, rhythm guitar, at least. That solo is beyond my ability.

The moon and the vulture thing? That just makes that album cover beyond art.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well, rhythm guitar, at least. That solo is beyond my ability.

The moon and the vulture thing? That just makes that album cover beyond art.

The album cover for

is just as awesome. If you look closely, you can even spot some repeated objects from the previous album cover.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

That thing in the sky appears to be a bowling ball with four finger slots. For aliens, perhaps? Or that awesome vulture. "WWWAAWRK! I throw my mediumweight moonball at you, puny mortals!"

Actually, I think they're singing about the vulture...

EDIT: I kinda like the change at 3:49

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That thing in the sky appears to be a bowling ball with four finger slots. For aliens, perhaps? Or that awesome vulture. "WWWAAWRK! I throw my mediumweight moonball at you, puny mortals!"

Actually, I think they're singing about the vulture...

EDIT: I kinda like the change at 3:49

John Arch mentions the vulture on at least two tracks.

Though, making sense of his lyrics can be tough at times - he's a great lyricist, and most of his songs are pretty clear if you read through the lyrics carefully, but for the life of me I simply can't understand what The Sorceress is supposed to be about.

• 2 weeks later...

Well they were "contemporary detective novels" mostly when they were originally written... The new Sherlock series is actually quite well done for shifting it to the current day. Although they do use a lot of the pseudo-victorian style fiddle type music for background...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I should probably watch it before passing sentence.

-Elwood Blues

I've had the collective Babylon 5 scores running in the background today.. Christpher Franke did good work..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."