Fallout: New Vegas

I read the comments. >_<

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I read the comments. >_<

Why? Are you a masochist or what?

Honestly? The Gametrailers comments? Why do you do this to yourself Slowtrain? Why?

I don't know.

It was like watching something horrible happen, yet I couldn't look away.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Pretty good trailer, though I wished they focused a bit more on.. the other elements of the game.

You know, the ones that don't involve combat. >_<

It has the double potential of being boring and spoiler-y, so no thanks :)

Pretty good trailer, though I wished they focused a bit more on.. the other elements of the game.

Alpha Protocol's trailers managed to hide the spoilers in a pretty good way.. well, except for the 'Shaheed spoiler'.

tutorial + 3 missions THEN you get to that point of the story.

And yet they've used it as a premise to market the game. :)

I can see original Glock 86 Plasma Pistol there.

Also yo guys really shouldn't expect story trailer for E3. The more explosions the more attention from medias.

Anyway the trailer is super sweet, and the game has suprisingly(considering that they're using the same engine) very different mood than F3.

Alpha Protocol's trailers managed to hide the spoilers in a pretty good way.. well, except for the 'Shaheed spoiler'.

tutorial + 3 missions THEN you get to that point of the story.

And yet they've used it as a premise to market the game. :)

I don't know about AP, but I'm against any kind of plot spoilers, be it minor or major. In these "splosh" and "kaboom" videos at least you get a good look at graphics & gameplay without spoiling anything too much.

On that note, for example, I'm O.K. with videos showing some boring dialogue for the sake of showing the dialogue system. Even if it's a non-story related piece of unique dialogue (like a joke), it makes a big difference to see it in-game or in some trailer/preview for the first time, imo.

edit: Love the video. And the music. It was also in the Fallout 3 GNR Mod, iirc.

edit 2: The eyebot's bumper sticker: "My child is an HONOR STUDENT at Roosevelt Academy"

First in a series of references to FO3?

Edited by Nemo0071

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

I can see original Glock 86 Plasma Pistol there.

It looks definitely from the same series (so it's a Glock) but as Ausir noted it's a bit different.. possibly a Glock 90?

Maybe it's modded or unmodded Glock 86.

Here's hoping they will also add original Plasma Rifle which for me is as much canonical for fallout series as t51b power armor.

It seems that the guy running Caesar's Legion also took on the discipline and efficiency that characterized the Roman army for his organization. Seeing a whole cam training reminds me of it at least.

That bit of the trailer showing the factions and their camps/cities was pretty good, New Vegas looks definitely a lot more varied in environments compared to Fallout 3.

@PoetAndMadman : Previews mentioned a 'Plasma Caster' which fits the description of the original plasma rifle, and also said it was an old favorite so.. fingers crossed.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

I really really really hope the trusty old raider badlands armour is still in the game, even if it's retextured. I don't want to be trotting around in a vault suit untill I can find whatever passes for the mercenary gear. Its a small thing, I know, but I simply can't use ugly armour, I prefer my skivies.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I really really really hope the trusty old raider badlands armour is still in the game, even if it's retextured. I don't want to be trotting around in a vault suit untill I can find whatever passes for the mercenary gear. Its a small thing, I know, but I simply can't use ugly armour, I prefer my skivies.

The new leather armor looks pretty sweet, even sweeter on caravan preorder pack. Which I think we will also find in modded in after the release

Looks are important. We are role playing, aren't we? o:)

It did look good. Although it did appear to be a combo of CG work and in-game shots.

Still, it was a well-done trailer. Best part was that it had a sense of style, something specific to FO3:NV, very similar to the Borderlands trailers.

Compare it to the utterly craptastic and generic XCOm trailer.

I do wish trailers would show more than just killing and things blowing up though, but I guess that's still what appeals to most people.

I was expecting a hell of a lot more from the trailer. Here's the information that the trailer suggests:

1. Someone somewhere doesn't like eyebots. Why? Who cares!

GUNS!

3. Environments and enemies! NIGHTKIN!
Push ups!
Dancing!

GUUUUUUHHHNZ!

5. You may have an opportunity to
walk away from an explosion in slow motion

6. The eyebot escapes -

...or does it?

The trailer in no way clarifies the plot, characters, conflicts, or the stakes or goals of the gameplay. It does afford a sense of the setting (Las Vegas) and the gameplay (Fallout 3). In other words, there's no information in this trailer that isn't already conveyed by the game's title.

A dull boy.

I was expecting a hell of a lot more from the trailer. Here's the information that the trailer suggests:

1. Someone somewhere doesn't like eyebots. Why? Who cares!

GUNS!

3. Environments and enemies! NIGHTKIN!
Push ups!
Dancing!

GUUUUUUHHHNZ!

5. You may have an opportunity to
walk away from an explosion in slow motion

6. The eyebot escapes -

...or does it?

The trailer in no way clarifies the plot, characters, conflicts, or the stakes or goals of the gameplay. It does afford a sense of the setting (Las Vegas) and the gameplay (Fallout 3). In other words, there's no information in this trailer that isn't already conveyed by the game's title.

Yeah, but um guns. Lots.

Also, explosions.

the plot, characters, conflicts

That's exactly the kind of info I DON'T want to know before playing the game. But not everyone minds spoilers as much as I do, I guess...