What are you playing now

Gorth

I know many people, who has the exact opposite view on the game ;)

to each his own :p

I actualy think the worst FF game so far was II, followed by I and VIII

and the best was X followed by X-2 and VII :p

Not finnished XIII so i am not commenting on this game yet :p

Imperator and Garland were awesome villians. :)

Seriously I&II have such a bad rep and I don't know why (II had a broken leveling system but apart from that...). They were pretty good for NES titles. III was a lot worse.

My favourites are VI, IX, IV, V and XII

Currently I'm playing Dragon Quest VI for DS in the japanese version.

Great game.

I don't like II just because of the leveling system, it was enough for me to spoil the whole game ;) FFI i just kinda did not like, dunno why, and I've never finnished III so not commenting on that game either...

Very similar for me is that battle system of X-2 made me to love that game, despite pretty much lol-weak storyline :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Can't decide whether or not to get Alpha Protocol. I might wait for the price to drop.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Can't decide whether or not to get Alpha Protocol. I might wait for the price to drop.

Not to lay a guilt trip or anything, but if you are thinking about getting it, why not pay full price? My reasoning here is that you are a member of the Obsidian community, you take part in these forums on a regular basis. If you enjoy that, then why not support the company that hosts these forums?

I can see you not buying the game if it just doesn't interest you. But if it looks like a title you will get something out of, why not give it your full support?

Not to lay a guilt trip or anything, but if you are thinking about getting it, why not pay full price? My reasoning here is that you are a member of the Obsidian community, you take part in these forums on a regular basis. If you enjoy that, then why not support the company that hosts these forums?

I can see you not buying the game if it just doesn't interest you. But if it looks like a title you will get something out of, why not give it your full support?

I wait for price drops mostly to see how the reception turns out. It happened with Bioshock - let the hype/backlash die down and see what happens.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I wait for price drops mostly to see how the reception turns out. It happened with Bioshock - let the hype/backlash die down and see what happens.

Do you spend a lot of time on the Bioware developer forums?

This is also a game that is a lot more indie than Bioshock. That initial sale is much more important to Obsidian than it is to 2k/Irrational.

i'll buy two copies of new vegas on release if its good rather than spend full price on a not-good game

i plan on getting alpha protocol when they patch out the drm, which presumably will also be around the time it costs 20$ AND will have some bug fixes in place

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I would have to agree with this statement. Although I don't have a bunch of posts on this site, I visit it on a regular basis everyday just to read what everyone's up to. But this post rings true, if you want this developer to get better at what they do, they need your money and support. Money of course to develop, but also support to point out bugs and stuff that needs to be patched. Along the same lines, they need to hear what you like so that they can expand on that in their next title. Kind of beating a dead horse with this post, but wanted to let you know that I definitely agree with hurlshot on his point. I did this with Too Human: everyone went up and down with how faulty it was and how bad it played, but I got it for the full price and actually ended up loving it and hope that Silicon Knights builds upon the series in the future, however long that may take:)

Edited by SadExchange

As a gamer, you vote with your money. I bought Brutal Legend at full price despite the fact I knew the gameplay was not for me at all. I did it because I wanted to support a unique product in a market saturated with copycats. I ended up playing very little of the game itself, but I did not regret the $60 I dropped on it.

Obsidian is at a fairly delicate place in their company history. This is their first IP. I'm happy to support it. It is also a very fun game so far, so I consider it an even better investment than Brutal Legend.

This. I spend so much time here it was an automatic preorder to me. Not to mention that the setting, premise etc. were right up my alley. The fact that it's a good game is a definite bonus.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I disagree completely with this "help poor Obsidian despite their game being a bit crap" notion. We're not talking about some indie upstart that's struggling with their first steps in the industry here. We're talking about professionals who are already highly regarded names in the industry. Trust me, their salaries mirror this quite well. If Obsidian crashes, these guys will land on their feet.

I'm happy to support Basilisk Games (and their one man development team) despite me knowing I won't be completely satisfied with the final product. I am not happy supporting a million dollar company if the product isn't the AAA title I was expecting. If Obsidian can't support what they're doing financially, then maybe taking a step back would be good for them? Maybe a few years with less than five figure salaries would make them care enough to release another Baldur's Gate 2/Fallout equivalent?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I hate this whole Rockstar attitude some developers have, I hate the McDonald's type rotation of personnel amongst game developers and I hate that it's become all business, no passion, no loyalty.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I disagree completely with this "help poor Obsidian despite their game being a bit crap" notion. We're not talking about some indie upstart that's struggling with their first steps in the industry here. We're talking about professionals who are already highly regarded names in the industry. Trust me, their salaries mirror this quite well. If Obsidian crashes, these guys will land on their feet.

I'm happy to support Basilisk Games (and their one man development team) despite me knowing I won't be completely satisfied with the final product. I am not happy supporting a million dollar company if the product isn't the AAA title I was expecting. If Obsidian can't support what they're doing financially, then maybe taking a step back would be good for them? Maybe a few years with less than five figure salaries would make them care enough to release another Baldur's Gate 2/Fallout equivalent?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I hate this whole Rockstar attitude some developers have, I hate the McDonald's type rotation of personnel amongst game developers and I hate that it's become all business, no passion, no loyalty.

I'm not sure what the paycheck and motivation for working in the industry is, but I have to say, I agree with the 'I buy the game only if I like it'.

Because the point is : I'm here because I liked Obsidian's games I've played until now.

I bought Alpha Protocol because their track record, plus previews and dev comments etc. made me interested in the game, and most probably, it will happen again with Fallout : New Vegas.

Not the other way around. I don't care for supporting a company that makes games I don't like, sorry for the bluntness.

I buy only the games I like, not adhere to some ethic nonsense a'la support the independents and small studios only.

If that money goes straight to Bobby Kotick, so be it. If that money goes straight to Obsidian, so be it.

Harsh, but true.

I like the idea of supporting those companies in need instead of my money going to fat cats who don't need it. But a game needs to "earn" its customers somehow, be it indie or AAA.

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

I'm more negatively driven about this though. I don't dislike Obsidian so I'm more interested in what they put out, and so far AP hasn't been a bad experience for me. Now companies I hate, say, Ubisoft well I'm committed to not buying anything of theirs, and easy too - nothing they've put out has really got me keen.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I prefaced my argument with only buying games you are interested in. Basically I'm saying if the game interests you and it is from a company that you are closely connected to, then paying full price for the game seems like the best way to show that. It is a personal philosophy, of course, but it is nice to hear others share that sentiment here.

I buy only the games I like, not adhere to some ethic nonsense a'la support the independents and small studios only.

If that money goes straight to Bobby Kotick, so be it. If that money goes straight to Obsidian, so be it.

+1

I like the idea of supporting those companies in need instead of my money going to fat cats who don't need it. But a game needs to "earn" its customers somehow, be it indie or AAA.

Nah don't care, if the game is good, it deserves my money.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I picked up AP, I don't feel shafted in any way, shape or form.

When asked about it, I will obviously tell people to avoid it, as Obsidian in regards to this outing, have stopped being a AAA team.

In other words, I've been saying people should avoid it.

I do the same with any game.

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

When asked about it, I will obviously tell people to avoid it, as Obsidian in regards to this outing, have stopped being a AAA team.

Ouch, that's harsh. Ok, it's probably harsh, because I'm not sure what you're saying here.

Are you saying that Obsidian has lots its credibility as a developer because of AP, or that AP isn't worthy of an AAA dev?

Also, you say that you do the same with any game... does it mean you basically tell anyone to avoid every game?

Ouch, that's harsh. Ok, it's probably harsh, because I'm not sure what you're saying here.

Are you saying that Obsidian has lots its credibility as a developer because of AP, or that AP isn't worthy of an AAA dev?

Also, you say that you do the same with any game... does it mean you basically tell anyone to avoid every game?

Witty, much?

Yes, I don't believe that Obsidian could be considered a AAA dev, and that AP is the reason for that, but they've screwed up so many times.

The feeling that I've gotten about Obsidian from fellow developers is that they're "always going to, F**K IT UP!".

Three games now, don't get me wrong I enjoied NWN2 + XP's but it was some horrible software. I'm enjoying AP to an extent, and I love the opening for KOTOR 2.

And to be specific if I play a game I think is bad, and people ask my opinion, which they do in the office, I say what I think, and when I spoke about AP, I gave my honest opinion.

That is was ugly, and clunky as a game.

Good story and RP stuff, voice acting isn't ace.

Edited by Nightshape

Witty much?

Yes I don't believe that Obsidian could be considered a AAA dev, and that AP is the reason for that, but they've screwed up so many times.

The feeling that I've gotten about Obsidian from fellow developers is that they're always going to, F**K IT UP! They have a good idea and screw up.

Three games now, don't get me wrong I enjoied NWN2 + XP's but it was some horrible software. I'm enjoying AP to an extent, and I love the opening for KOTOR 2.

And to be specific if I play a game I think is bad, and people ask my opinion, which they do in the office, I say what I think, and when I spoke about AP, I gave my honest opinion.

Ouch, there's no need to be that defensive, I was just honestly asking since you were less than clear.

Witty much?

Yes I don't believe that Obsidian could be considered a AAA dev, and that AP is the reason for that, but they've screwed up so many times.

The feeling that I've gotten about Obsidian from fellow developers is that they're always going to, F**K IT UP! They have a good idea and screw up.

Ouch, there's no need to be that defensive, I was just honestly asking since you were less than clear.

I wasn't meaning to be rude. I wasn't clear.

I wasn't meaning to be rude. I wasn't clear.

Well, anyway, can't say I blame you, since that's honestly the vibe I'm getting from Obsidian too.

I'll give them the benefit of doubt for New Vegas, since I'm a hopeless Fallout fanboy, but then they'll have to earn my interest in their new projects.

I thought game developers screwing things up was the norm ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I thought game developers screwing things up was the norm ?

Nothing is ever perfect, but there is a certain level of expected polish that Obsidian have NEVER delivered. I love the ambition, but I'm very worried about how the studio operates internally.