That's a hell of a diet

Morgoth

What a load of crap.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

we were raised by wolves. well, not really, but our family were pretty damned poor, and we were taught to hunt at a very young age. we gots our first .22 before most kids had a big-wheel... and we had a pony before we knew how to ride a bike. supplementing our diet with game meat were essential. as part o' our early education we were taught that a man could survive between two and three weeks without food... depending on how active he were. however, a person could live for no more than three or four days without water. is very important to keep such numbers in mind when organizing your kit.

perhaps the hermit has been w/o water for three days and a couple weeks w/o food... probably felt like 70 years. no doubt dementia set in as well.

am more surprised by the fact that the bbc would make this a news story.

Man in Appalachia claims to be Jesus Christ

Chelsea Woman Insists her Yorkie is Elvis

lotf Admits that Communism is Bunk

who would believe such nonsense?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

no doubt dementia set in as well.

o:)

He hadn't had any food and water as far back as he can remember.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/35126/

Here is a follow up. Apparently he has undergone a biological change. Unless the doctors are all in on it, I'm going to call this amazing.

Still not convinced. Going without food for two weeks, sure, I could see someone conditioning their bodies to handle that. Without water? No.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Perhaps he has become solar-powered?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I wish I could do photosynthesis.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

There's always geothermal. Or wind. Perhaps he spins around really fast when no one is looking.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I saw this a few times when I was in India - even met a woman who lived in a cage and claimed that she had gone without food or water for 28 years (strangely she was overweight and smelled like curry).. We even had a talk with the scientists doing research and the problem was that they were Jain themselves and therefore started out believing (and wanted to prove) that it was true. Same here I think - I generally wasn't impressed with the Indian medical profession's approach to empirical evidence.

Fortune favors the bald.

Well, if he had really become some sort of harness for zero point energy or oimething, somebody would have kidnapped him all ready and taken him to a lab for dissection.

I mean his body is getting energy from somewhere, right? Ley lines?

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/35126/

Here is a follow up. Apparently he has undergone a biological change. Unless the doctors are all in on it, I'm going to call this amazing.

is a crock. scientists and doctors is terrible at debunking. hire a magician... or maybe a few prison inmates. wanna find out how the guy is sneaking in food and water? gets folks who is good at sleight-o-hand and sneaking to do the debunking.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Yeah, I gotta agree with Grom. Fraud is still a much more plausible explanation than this guy somehow affecting a total change in the underlying chemistry of the human body.

I'm not surprised you can live for 15 days without food.

Now, living you entire life since childhood without food is just crazy...

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

If he moves, he needs energy. If he needs energy, he eats. End of.

You can't fool the laws of physics.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Yeah, I gotta agree with Grom. Fraud is still a much more plausible explanation than this guy somehow affecting a total change in the underlying chemistry of the human body.

It's not underlying chemistry, it's energy balance. Energy spent by body, energy must go into body. Hell, you can even make it more basic than that and have it be a mass balance problem - unless he's no longer exhaling carbon dioxide, there has to be some carbon going into his body to replace the carbon going out.

It's not underlying chemistry, it's energy balance. Energy spent by body, energy must go into body. Hell, you can even make it more basic than that and have it be a mass balance problem - unless he's no longer exhaling carbon dioxide, there has to be some carbon going into his body to replace the carbon going out.

I was thinking more about water. Human cells use H2O, and the body loses a non-negligible amount of it through skin and by breathing. If more isn't provided, organs will start to fail.

If he moves, he needs energy. If he needs energy, he eats. End of.

You can't fool the laws of physics.

If we ignore the biological complications and look at it from a physicist's point of view, he could maintain energy balance simbly by absorbing heat from his environment, for example.

The real reason he could not survive without food is the chemical compunds a human being needs to maintain the body. Even if he has "changed biologically" he can't synthethize heavier chemical elements from the ones abundant in air.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

The guy only claims he hasn't put anything in his system other than saliva, which I find to be utter BS, because you'll die after a day without water. And after I see some ribs with a piece of skin over them I'll believe that claim.

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg

because you'll die after a day without water.

Now that's BS. You can definitely survive longer than that without either food or water. Do you have any sources for your claim? It would take an individual in extremely bad physical shape/ in extreme conditions to die in a day without water.

because you'll die after a day without water.

Now that's BS. You can definitely survive longer than that without either food or water. Do you have any sources for your claim? It would take an individual in extremely bad physical shape/ in extreme conditions to die in a day without water.

Minimum you can go 2 days without water, beyond that physique, willpower and environment are factor in determining how long before death.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It entirely depends on how fast you lose water. No strenuous activity and cold temperatures would be a whole other story than hiking in the Sahara. The rule of thumb that I heard is a week or less for water, and a much as several months for food.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

If we ignore the biological complications and look at it from a physicist's point of view, he could maintain energy balance simbly by absorbing heat from his environment, for example.
Unless he's some sort of biological heat pump (now that would be something worth studying), I don't think so. It would have to be one hell of a "biological transformation" for him to go from being Krebs cycle-powered to photovoltaic, involving changes as insignificant as growing electric motors and/or electrochemical reactors. Plus, he doesn't look green to me, so that kinda rules out photosynthesis.

I wrote all of that from divine inspiration, I have never opened a science book in my life. True story.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.