NHL

Gorth

Montreal forces game 7!

I'm so very happy, yet at the same time so very, very nervous. I have to sit through another game! I don't know if I can take much more of this. Hopefully Gill is ready to return for game seven. He skated in the warm-up, but didn't play in the game. Apparently tickets for the game from scalpers were going for $1500. :)

Let's go Habs!

Man, if you would have told me 5 weeks ago that I'd be rooting for Montreal I'd have kicked you in the throat but this is so awesome. I can justify it a little with the Ex-Devils on the team in Gomez and Gionta but talk about a Cinderella story if they pull this off.

Well, Chicago and San Jose should be an entertaining Western Conference Final.

Big Question now is, will we see Boston versus Montreal in the east? I'd rather see Philly and the Pens, myself.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Apologies to Deraldin, but same here.

Too bad about the 'nucks, but not really surprising.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Any Pitts or Philly fans in here? Didn't think so. Hurlshot is into the third round for the West, so we need to get my Habs into the third round to represent the East! :p

:) <- Me, until tomorrow's game finishes.

So.. I went 1-3 in the second round. But I always choose the team I would want to win in the second round, so no big surprise there.

Problem is.. I don't care for any of the teams that are left. Guess I'll have to root for Montreal, since at least they're playing the role of the underdog that keeps winning.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

1-3 for me, but it's tough to be overly disappointed. Although I picked Boston to beat the Flyers, I'm not unhappy they lost.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

1-3 as well. I had the Philly series picked correctly.

Conference Finals:

Montreal vs Philadelphia: I like the Flyers is this one. Montreal will run out of magic juice soon, or at least that's what I'm predicting. Philly in six. No game seven comeback for the Habs this time, hopefully.

Chicago vs San Jose: Zoiks, this one is tough to pick for me. The 'Hawks are a much younger team, with some crazy skilled young players. San Jose has far more playoff experience and size on their squad. My gut feeling is whoever wins this one will do it in four, or else both teams will be pretty evenly matched and this will go the distance to seven. I'd be happy if either team advanced. Coin flip says...heads. Therefore, Chicago it is.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Prediction time:

San Jose over Chicago in 5. It will probably be the best series to watch this year. They have a ton of skill guys, and it is hard to imagine either team not going on to win the cup. Of course I'm rooting for my home squad.

Montreal over Philly in 6 - I have a hard time believing a backup goalie with a few games is going to beat Halak in a seven game series.

San Jose over Chicago in 6. The Sharks shrugged off that one embarrassing loss in the last round easily enough, and the Hawks handled Vancouver's diminished defense easily too. Tough call.

Philly over Montreal in 6. Gotta give it to the Habs. they're playing really well, and anyone who knocks off Washington and Pittsburgh deserves respect, but they're in the Northeast division, so the Flyers are my lesser-of-two-evils pick.

I failed at the second round. Not a single one of my predictions were right. Detroit was pounded, Boston collapsed spectacularly, Vancouver choked on the penalty kill and Pittsburgh just seemed uninterested in game seven. I don't think I've gone 0-anything in this thread before now.

Round Three Predictions!

Eastern Conference Final:

Montreal vs Philadelphia: I bet against both teams, in both rounds and was burned 4 times for my trouble. So to hell with whoever I think I going to win, I'm going with who I want to win this time. Montreal in 6.

Western Conference Final:

Chicago vs San Jose: I'm sorry San Jose! Really I am! I know I said you were going to choke against Detroit and then you pounded them into the ground. I also said that Vancouver was going to beat Chicago, but that was almost as much Vancouver self-destructing as it was Chicago winning, so it's San Jose all the way this round. San Jose in 6.

Edited by Deraldin

Results after 2 rounds

Hurlshot: 9-3 (Chicago in 6!)

Volourn: 8-4 (Flyers in 7, Chicago in 6!)

Mkreku: 7-5

Krookie: 7-5

Deraldin: 5-7

Kor Qel Droma: 5-7 (Flyers in 7!)

Mr. Insomniac: 5-7

Kelverin: 4-4 (Absent)

Hurlshot holds on to lead but Volourn is closing the gap. No one else went 0-4 in the second round except for me, but a pair of 1-3's from Kor and Insomniac keeps me tied for (effectively) last place since Kelverin didn't make any predictions for the second round. Hurlshot and Kor both picked up a # of games win, while Volo grabbed 2.

EDIT:

Dang, if Deraldin is choosing San Jose, the Sharks might be in big trouble.

Very funny. :ermm:

EDIT 2: Er... I... Aw crap...

Edited by Deraldin