NHL

Gorth

I want Chicago to win, but I also wouldn't mind seeing Hossa lose in the finals again. I mean, if he loses in the finals 3 years in a row with 3 different teams, that is just wild.

That's one way of seeing it. Another way is, the team that gets Hossa makes it to the finals. Maybe that's how valuable that guy is?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I want Chicago to win, but I also wouldn't mind seeing Hossa lose in the finals again. I mean, if he loses in the finals 3 years in a row with 3 different teams, that is just wild.

That's one way of seeing it. Another way is, the team that gets Hossa makes it to the finals. Maybe that's how valuable that guy is?

Oh, I don't underestimate his value. Although I'm not sure if he is worth his contract. He's a very good player, but he is not the main piece on any of these teams he's played for.

As far as Hossa goes, when his career is over, I'll remember him more for nearly ending Bryan Berard's career than all the times he didn't quite win the Stanley Cup. Okay, I can't lie, I'll remember those too. Flyers in six.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

FLYERS IN FOUR! YOU'RE GOING DOWN JERKS!

:p

In other NHL news: Yzerman is Tampa's New GM.

Interesting. I think he's done a good job for Canada at the international level, but then he typically had a greater talent pool and never had to manage a salary cap. Good luck Stevie Y.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Two outdoor games next year?

Montreal@Calgary in February and Washington@Pittsburgh on January 1st. No Bettman, no. Montreal really doesn't need to play in another outdoor game yet and definitely not one against Calgary. And why is Pittsburgh playing again? If you want Calgary to play, bring in Vancouver or Edmonton, hell Colorado would do as well! Dunno who else I'd match up with Washington, but why not give Chicago or New York an outdoor game? Too much focus on Crosby and Ovechkin. :/

Edited by Deraldin

If Chicago wins how many times will that be that the team that beats Vancouver wins the cup?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So my prediction wasn't an instant death sentence for the Flyers, but it caught up with them eventually! 0-7 in the final three rounds! Woo!

Kane scored the game winning goal in OT. Maybe 5 feet from the goal line and managed to sneak it in far side past Leighton and literally buried it under the netting. Chicago has their first Stanley Cup since 1961 leaving Toronto with the longest active Cup drought in the league. :p

Also, Rob Blake is retiring

Edited by Deraldin

Chicago has their first Stanley Cup since 1961 leaving Toronto with the longest active Cup drought in the league. :p

Sigh. The way the Hawks have improved over the last few seasons, it was only a matter of time. Hopefully I'll be saying that about the Leafs soon.

Congrats to the Hawks, they deserve it.

Chicago has their first Stanley Cup since 1961 leaving Toronto with the longest active Cup drought in the league. :p

Sigh. The way the Hawks have improved over the last few seasons, it was only a matter of time. Hopefully I'll be saying that about the Leafs soon.

Well you'll get some good draft picks... oh wait...

Chicago has their first Stanley Cup since 1961 leaving Toronto with the longest active Cup drought in the league. :)

Well you'll get some good draft picks... oh wait...

:ermm: I know, I know. Still, Kessel did miss the first six weeks, and still got 30 goals without a decent centre for most of the season. And draft picks are a gamble. And Toskala is gone. (just had to throw that in there as a reason for optimism).

Not that I watched much of this years playoffs, but I wouldn't have minded Philly forcing game seven. I'm sure Chicago is happy for the win, obviously, but it would have much cooler if they won it on their home turf.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Phaneuf news good, Kaberle news SUPERBAD! Agh.

I wonder if my fellow Leafs fans are starting to realize what Sundin meant to the club now..?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I do not understand this move. At all.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=5298330

The only part about it that I don't understand is the return. I can't believe that Eller is the best they could get in return. :ermm:

However there are a crap load of goaltenders going into free agency this year. :/

Edited by Deraldin

Its good to see some moves being made leading up to the draft. Arnott goes back to the Devils, and Horton goes to the Bruins.

And Pat Quinn is done coaching the Oilers after a season. Sadly, he didn't have a lot to work with.

I wonder who Edmonton is going to pick on Friday?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

• 2 weeks later...